They should also remove radio impact on the charts while they’re at it. :madge:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

They should also remove radio impact on the charts while they’re at it. :madge:

Don’t forget sales! :toofunny:

POPARTHD

+ Title is misleading. Bundles can still exist if the user accepts to add the album at checkout.

POPARTHD
26 minutes ago, lg5 said:

Yeah it makes sense. They should make options to get people to “opt-in” 

kinda like 

+$3.49 for the album

+$5.00 album + exclusive tour keychain

+$10.00 album + exclusive tour shirt 

+12.50 all 3 items

or something like that. Keep it cheap and reasonable. I work in these kinds of merchandise sales and I know that these shirts and keychains cost like $2-5 wholesale so Not much profit would be made from the merch, but it would encourage the buyer to “opt-in” which would end up helping the album sales like they already are. 

That’s what they’re doing. Ppl can opt in at checkout. They can chose to add the artist’s album

moonsago

Honestly this is better if u ask me. Lets see REALLY who sells albums these days... 

mr.peter

This means we won’t be getting all those vinyls and cassettes no more :( the music collectors where in heaven again. That sucks. 
I thought it was a cool way for artist to make money again 

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

This means we won’t be getting all those vinyls and cassettes no more :( the music collectors where in heaven again. That sucks. 

Is it saying that tho? :oprah:

elijahfan
13 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Honestly this is better if u ask me. Lets see REALLY who sells albums these days... 

Well, at this rate, the answer will be: nobody.

confused chrissy teigen GIF

Judas Society

they should change the way streaming is counted while they're at it. I always think streaming should be much less because although a song is streamed, it doesn't mean people genuinely wants to or choose to listen to it. Much like a playlist, you can play it, but half the time you don't know what the songs are. More weightage should be put on single clicks of the song. So if anyone wants to cheat, they'll have to sit whole day and click play on a song or album to get it counted.

Kimberly jj
20 minutes ago, POPARTHD said:

+ Title is misleading. Bundles can still exist if the user accepts to add the album at checkout.

No honey, you didn't quiet understand it, so the artist still can have bundles and everything but! they wont be calculated in the billboard scheme, so they wont be counted on the charts, the same goes for concert ticket bundles, so r.i.p to them, no artist will ever do this

boyerased
15 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

Aren’t those counted still as records and not merch?

mr.peter
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Is it saying that tho? :oprah:

But that’s kinda why artist started producing a more full range of merchandise because it was how they were “selling” their albums in today’s market. 

Xoxo Adriana

this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. they’re not saying no merch PERIOD. this will just mean you’re getting the merch only but no copy for the corresponding single/album. this has become a huge problem in the music industry bc everytime fans want to purchase one piece of merch they’re also getting a copy of the album. i bought multiple chromatica merch and had like several digital copies of chromatica with it :enigma:

it’s a sneaky thing all artists are doing, they’re cancelling it because it’s considered cheating. if fans want to buy many items from the official store they shouldn’t be swamped with several album copies that’ll contibute to the artist’s sales. if stans wish to do this, just buy multiple physical/digital copies manually. this isn’t just gaga’s fault (as many haters will blame her) because literally every artist does this, and it’s not like they’re in charge of their merch anyway. 

this will basically mean no madame x album/tour bundle messes anymore. who remembers?:billie:

coolninjaguy

i have come into this thread to leave a humble prayer for our dear sistren katherine and the katyclowns :smh:

Archived