⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
society

Trump Tried To Sell Puerto Rico

RAMROD

Donald Trump considered the idea of selling Puerto Rico in 2017 after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria, the former acting Homeland Security secretary told The New York Times in an interview published Friday.

"The President's initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know," Elaine Duke, who was serving as DHS' acting secretary when the hurricane hit the island in September 2017, told the Times.

"'Can we outsource the electricity? Can we can we sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?'" Trump reportedly said, according to Duke in the newspaper interview. "(She said the idea of selling Puerto Rico was never seriously considered or discussed after Mr. Trump raised it.)," the paper reported.

Trump has had a fraught history with the US territory since Puerto Rico was devastated by Hurricane Maria. Nearly 3,000 people died as a result of the storm and aftereffects, including widespread power outages.

Full article at Source:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/trump-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria/index.html

Gringo be crazy. Good thing nobody enable him to entertain that idea.

tenor-111df6cbdedcfc602.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Do(n't) ♥ Send ♥ N00ds ♥
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2

BlackCrown

We need a facepalm reaction for every Trump related news here :sharon:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

Lona Delery

this would be so funny if he werent the POTUS :messga:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
  • Like 1

Blown Away

disgusted judge judy GIF

Of course he would try such thing. He is a selfish, vile, annoying and unqualified person.

It's me and you. That's all we'll have when the world is through.
  • Like 1

PunkTheFunk

Puerto Rico, my heart's devotion,
Let it sink back in the ocean,
Always the hurricanes blowing,
Always the population growing.
And the money owing,
And the sunlight streaming,
And the natives steaming.
I like the island Manhattan, (I know you do!)
Smoke on your pipe,
And put that in!

UZpc.gif

Gagi

Is this even possible theoretically? 

Mermaid Yuyi

I’m Puerto Rican and some of you are reacting as if this is some kind of joke. You all should be really ashamed of yourselves. This hurts us. A lot. The same way a pathetic government have been holding us hostage for years. Grow the f*ck up and educate yourselves. It’s free.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

deactivated001
9 minutes ago, Mermaid Yuyi said:

I’m Puerto Rican and some of you are reacting as if this is some kind of joke. You all should be really ashamed of yourselves. This hurts us. A lot. The same way a pathetic government have been holding us hostage for years. Grow the f*ck up and educate yourselves. It’s free.

I can only imagine how devastating this news must be. Not only did he absolutely neglect and disgrace the people of Puerto Rico with his failed and cavalier response to Hurricane Maria, but then to treat an island full of people already reeling from that like a ****ing bartering chip is just...beyond words.

As a North American, there is a lot that happens here either because of him or under his watch that makes me feel helpless and sick. I could only imagine how I would feel should he have threatened to sell my home state. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

myluis617
Posted (edited)

Wow to think after the decades of the US using Puerto Rico for money would have ended in Puerto Rico being sold. Its people sold away like property. In times of need the US government turns their back on Puerto Rico but when the US needs soldiers to fight wars it's gonna be Puerto Rico the first US property to get funding from the military. 

Edited by myluis617
  • Thanks 1

Webb7
Posted (edited)

Lady and gentlemen the president of the United States..............

Disgusting :triggered:

Edited by Webb7

Shadow

Could we sell Trump? Not sure how much we'd get or who would buy. Maybe Putin would buy...

in bocca al lupo
  • LMAO 1

Blue Lagoon

I hope Puerto Rico becomes a state

PoetsTryinWrite
Posted (edited)

The beautiful people of Puerto Rico have just informed me that it is not for sale and that Trump is drinking again. :ohwell:

Edited by PoetsTryinWrite
Defend Your Humanity.
  • LMAO 1

LaLuna

Of course he did, Puerto Rico threw the whole budget out of whack. His words exactly :triggered: