⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🤍 Free Chromatica poster and temporary tattoo for all new subscribers 🤍
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Just Dance is Sad

kaelergrey
Posted (edited)

If you alter your mentality and think of a gaga being in a club lonely but doing everything to ease the pain by partying and drinking. The lyrics will take on a whole new meaning. :ohno:

"Just dance. Gonna be okay.
Da-doo-doo-doo
Just dance. Spin that record babe.
Da-doo-doo-doo
Just dance. Gonna be okay.
Duh-duh-duh-duh
Dance. Dance. Dance. Just dance."

 

Thoughts? :vegas:

Edited by billygrey
  • Like 11
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Music

I definitely have always seen it as a melancholy song like your at a party but you know your not actually having fun but your just joining in the crazy and fun to ease the pain underneath 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Marina 💝Britney 💝Shania 💝Disney 💝Lush 💝Corey Fogelmanis
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Esteban
Posted (edited)

I always thought this song (2009) was the little sister of Just Dance (2008) 

Edited by Esteban
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
alicefromabove

I'm not having fun tonight

disney love GIF

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CyanLights
19 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

I definitely have always seen it as a melancholy song like your at a party but you know your not actually having fun but your just joining in the crazy and fun to ease the pain underneath 

Considering the alternative/demo/different lyrics, I wouldn't be surprised if theres a slightly deeper meaning 

" Just dance… gonna be okay… down on the floor, just dance… spin that record babe… been here before so just dance, when I scream your name and you don’t call… just dance…"

Cranky Capricorn ♑️
  • Like 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wixson

Eh, you can look at it both ways, which is what I like about it. I did think the same years ago after hearing this version of it, though.

 

  • Like 10

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100
1 minute ago, Wixson said:

Eh, you can look at it both ways, which is what I like about it. I did think the same years ago after hearing this version of it, though.

 

I was just about to post this and the extra lyrics she added

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde

I thought it was 

"Do you do you"

Not "da doo doo"

  • Shook 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloodyM
27 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Eh, you can look at it both ways, which is what I like about it. I did think the same years ago after hearing this version of it, though.

 

This performance is GORGGGG 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
voidfigure
27 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I thought it was 

"Do you do you"

Not "da doo doo"

Really? 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
27monster27
35 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Considering the alternative/demo/different lyrics, I wouldn't be surprised if theres a slightly deeper meaning 

" Just dance… gonna be okay… down on the floor, just dance… spin that record babe… been here before so just dance, when I scream your name and you don’t call… just dance…"

I thought those were alternate lyrics added in a cover though.

STAN: Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Britney Spears, and Froy Gutierrez.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse
28 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I thought it was 

"Do you do you"

Not "da doo doo"

I thought it was dat doot Dee eh eh, yay-ha yay-ha, mamamama :oprah:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CyanLights
5 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I thought those were alternate lyrics added in a cover though.

nope, she's performed them before (Marc Jacobs event for example) 

Cranky Capricorn ♑️

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marjol

There's some melancholy to it for sure. With great parties often comes regret in the form of not feeling well after, or having done stuff you regret etc.

She explains it nicely here at 18.05 min:

 

"You are a You are a ****ing rad bitch!" - Gaga said to me 18/9/2012 Amsterdam
  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...