⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden, Trump Stomp in Primaries

JRCF29
Posted (edited)

Joe Biden and Donald Trump sailed to victory in New Jersey* and Delaware Tuesday, and by some of the widest margins of the cycle. Biden, a long-time Senator from Delaware and the former Vice President of The United States under President Obama, is considered the presumptive Democratic nominee and his most serious challenger, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) dropped out of the race months ago; President Trump, who made a name in the New York real-estate industry before hosting reality show The Apprentice, is widely expected to carry the GOP's mantle into the election and had not faced a serious opponent at any stage of the primary. A breakdown of the results is below:

Joe Biden won the New Jersey primary with almost 90% of the vote, compared to Sanders' 13%. Vote totals are still being tabulated, and about 50% of ballots are thought to be outstanding. Sanders needs to clear the 15% mark to win any delegates, though it appears unlikely to happen at this point as Biden has run up massive margins in each of the state's counties.

Donald Trump won the New Jersey primary by default, as the state GOP did not hold a vote. This is in keeping with both major parties' practice of sometimes foregoing elections when there is an incumbent running. 

Joe Biden won the Delaware primary, his home state, with 90% of the vote, beating Sanders' 7.5% and Elizabeth Warren's 3%. All of the small state's 21 delegates will be added to Biden's total.

Donald Trump won the Republican primary with 88% of the vote, beating perennial candidate Roque De La Fuente, who pulled in 12%. 

*New Jersey's state party leadership decided to skip the primary and award their delegates at the state convention

Edited by JRCF29
Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1

Maleficent

Anyone have the raw numbers, I can’t find them on google 

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

Anyone have the raw numbers, I can’t find them on google 

Biden- 375,000 (NJ) + 81,000 (DE) = 456,000 (NJ + DE)

Trump- N/A (NJ) + 28,500 (DE) = 28,500 (NJ+DE)

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Biden- 375,000 (NJ) + 81,000 (DE) = 456,000 (NJ + DE)

Trump- N/A (NJ) + 28,500 (DE) = 28,500 (NJ+DE)

Based on these numbers, Biden’s got DE and NJ on lock (no surprise) lol 

• LMAO 1

pachinko

Why does this matter? None of them have challengers. 

• Like 5

JRCF29
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Why does this matter? None of them have challengers. 

It's as simple as not clicking on the thread if you're not interested luv xx

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Shadow
1 minute ago, alicefromabove said:

What about Kanye? 

music video swish swish GIF by Katy Perry

Does Kanye really have a chance this late in the year?

in bocca al lupo

JRCF29
20 minutes ago, Shadow said:

As far as I can tell he has not set up any type of campaign infrastructure, and so acquiring the tens-to-hundreds-of-thousands of signatures needed to qualify in many states is all but impossible. He does, however, appear to be intent on running a real write-in campaign. But either way, no impact on party primaries

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1

Maleficent
Just now, JRCF29 said:

As far as I can tell he has not set up any type of campaign infrastructure, and so acquiring the tens-to-hundreds-of-thousands of signatures needed to qualify in many states is all but impossible. He does, however, appear to be intent on running a real write-in campaign. But either way, no impact on party primaries

Watch him get less votes than Harambe did in 2016

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

Watch him get less votes than Harambe did in 2016

Harambe's name recognition and media presence at that particular point of the year was really something tbh

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1

Shadow
3 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Maybe he should have thought about it four years ago.   

in bocca al lupo

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Shadow said:

Maybe he should have thought about it four years ago.   

if  he were to be included in several polls and clear 15% then he would maybe be able to debate. But unless he keeps making the media rounds, puts out ads, gets some type of endorsement list, holds events, sells campaign merchandise, makes a website, makes social media accounts, it's going to fizzle fast. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

WildAmerican
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Shadow said:

With the way American elections work, the only way he would've had a chance is if he ran in and won the Democratic or Republican primary. Around 95% of voters who vote in November will vote for Biden or Trump. Plus he's already missed the ballot deadline in states with almost 100 EVs so it's super unlikely, since there doesn't seem to be any organization or strategy.

Edited by WildAmerican

Shadow
17 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

if  he were to be included in several polls and clear 15% then he would maybe be able to debate. But unless he keeps making the media rounds, puts out ads, gets some type of endorsement list, holds events, sells campaign merchandise, makes a website, makes social media accounts, it's going to fizzle fast. 

13 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

With the way American elections work, the only way he would've had a chance is if he ran in and won the Democratic or Republican primary. Around 95% of voters who vote in November will vote for Biden or Trump. Plus he's already missed the ballot deadline in states with almost 100 EVs so it's super unlikely, since there doesn't seem to be any organization or strategy.

It sounds like a publicity stunt.  

So it's down to Trump and Biden... 

in bocca al lupo
  • Like 1