⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
tech

TikTok might not be banned after all

Werk

"Over the last year, US lawmakers and government officials have grown increasingly concerned over the app’s handling of user data and its relationship with the Chinese government. But a “ban” would be difficult to achieve in the US, and the White House has yet to act on its statements."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/9/21319081/tiktok-likes-break-glitch-trump-pompeo-ban-totals-for-you-page-fyp

Watch this video as well y'all she explains why TikTok most likely won't be banned

https://www.tiktok.com/@lauraleewatts/video/6847281678830800133

WHY CAN'T THIS STANK ASS RACIST BLACK CREATOR CENSOR HOMOPHOBIC SUICIDE COVER UP "UGLY PEOPLE" PHOBIC APP JUST F*CKING SINK INTO THE OCEAN AND GET FED TO THE SHARKS WE HATE IT SEE IT

200.gif 

For reference:

• Sad 3

Maleficent
Just now, Werk said:

WHY CAN'T THIS STANK ASS RACIST BLACK CREATOR CENSOR HOMOPHOBIC SUICIDE COVER UP "UGLY PEOPLE" PHOBIC APP JUST F*CKING SINK INTO THE OCEAN AND GET FED TO THE SHARKS WE HATE IT SEE IT

Huh?

Maleficent

Anyway, this shouldn’t be a govt decision.

Apple and Google should have their customers best interests in mind, and block the app until it is no longer a threat to the security of users. 

Dulo Peep

Good.

A lot of incomes depend on that app, lets not be selfish.

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

Werk
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

Huh?

Sis I've mentioned this in my previous threads, they tried to censor black people, they're homophobic, tried to cover up a suicide in Brasil, and 'tried to filter out videos from ugly, poor or disabled users' so they won't get bullied but still :grr: 

• Sad 1

Werk
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Anyway, this shouldn’t be a govt decision.

Apple and Google should have their customers best interests in mind, and block the app until it is no longer a threat to the security of users. 

In this video the woman said something about our privacy is stored on US soil and Singapore where Ch*na can't access it. I still hate the app :neyde:  

Edited by Werk

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

Good.

A lot of incomes depend on that app, lets not be selfish.

People making money off of TikTok have plenty of opportunity to, and probably already have, a diverse content account on twitter/youtube. That's not a good enough reason to not get it removed from the App stores

chilly waffle

Dulo Peep
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

People making money off of TikTok have plenty of opportunity to, and probably already have, a diverse content account on twitter/youtube. That's not a good enough reason to not get it removed from the App stores

TikTok just make it slightly easier but i do get your point

• Like 1

Knife

LEAVE TIKTOK ALONE

YOU'RE LITERALLY CAUSING ME SO MUCH ANXIETY

200.gif

• Like 1

lestyoufall
23 hours ago, Werk said:

In this video the woman said something about our privacy is stored on US soil and Singapore where Ch*na can't access it. I still hate the app :neyde:  

Yeah, this isn’t true 😂 data is accessible from anywhere in the world with internet. TikTok mines your data, logs your internet history, records your keystrokes & downloads code that can remotely control your phone. All of the info & data they’re accessing on you is on your phone & logged in the app which is accessible to them through their own logs.

Werk
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

Yeah, this isn’t true 😂 data is accessible from anywhere in the world with internet. TikTok mines your data, logs your internet history, records your keystrokes & downloads code that can remotely control your phone. All of the info & data they’re accessing on you is on your phone & logged in the app which is accessible to them through their own logs.

So you're telling me what the lady in the video says is false and that whenever my friends use that video to prove TikTok is safe I can just tell them what you said? Because I'm ready to prove that once again this app ain't it

giphy.gif

Edited by Werk
  • YAAAS 1

lestyoufall
On 7/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Werk said:

So you're telling me what the lady in the video says is false and that whenever my friends use that video to prove TikTok is safe I can just tell them what you said? Because I'm ready to prove that once again this app ain't it

giphy.gif

Yes lol I mean most of it is logic, anything on the internet, including data, is accessible from anywhere in the world. Plus the info they’re accessing is directly from your phone through the app & you give them permission by downloading the app. Once you remove it they no longer have access to your data (minus what they’ve collected already obv). So prove them wrong my friend, lead them to the light :kiss:

ProjectJoanne
On 7/9/2020 at 4:16 PM, FATCAT said:

What would you know, feline? :poot:

DC

Maleficent
3 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

anything on the internet, including data, is accessible from anywhere in the world.

Hang on, this may be true—but if the info is stored in Singapore/US soil; it is inaccessible to China (unless they illegally hack into it), in accordance to international privacy laws.

By your logic, iCloud is just as dangerous as TikTok