đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Music Analyzers: Is Gaga the reason EDM rose in popularity?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, buzzkill said:

gaga, guetta, kylie minogue.
the EDM was going mainstream, she just pushed it. 

:poot:

Since the op started this curse of a thread i have been obssesed with this topic. I already studied most of the billboard charts. But thats only usa, i wonder how was worldwide

buzzkill
Just now, Dulo Peep said:

Since the op started this curse of a thread i have been obssesed with this topic. I already studied most of the billboard charts. But thats only usa, i wonder how was worldwide

usa sets the trends for mainstream music WW. i think thats pretty much it  :poot:

Leoj305

In the US it was absolutely Lady GaGa. Almost Nothing on the radio sounded like Gaga back in 2008/2009. Hearing poker face followed by Kelly Klarckson, cold play, and pre teenage dream Katy was all soft and pop rock at most compared to the dance pop we heard from TF. In 2010 you had a gazillion dance pop influenced singles starting to pop up which started to diminish the impact of being the only pop girl w heavy dance pop influence. Heck Britney semi sampled dubstep beats w her 2011 single lmao. 

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

usa sets the trends for mainstream music WW. i think thats pretty much it  :poot:

Also interesting that you mention the singer Kylie becuz they credited her too for pushing the dance movement with a song produced for no other than Calvin Harris and that was 2007 wtf omg

buzzkill
2 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Also interesting that you mention the singer Kylie becuz they credited her too for pushing the dance movement with a song produced for no other than Calvin Harris and that was 2007 wtf omg

Have you ever listened to X? Its her album from 2007, which was has some songs produced by a younger Calvin Harris. This album is amazing, and aged like fine wine. check it out, you probably know a bunch of songs on it.

Leoj305
5 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

Have you ever listened to X? Its her album from 2007, which was has some songs produced by a younger Calvin Harris. This album is amazing, and aged like fine wine. check it out, you probably know a bunch of songs on it.

She wasn’t relevant in the US and neither was Calvin in 2007. 

buzzkill
Just now, Leoj305 said:

She wasn’t relevant in the US and neither was Calvin in 2007. 

did i ever said she was relevant in the US? but in the pop diva world she was. and actually X has some big pop hits in Europe, as she usually have. 

vyniildisk
6 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

did i ever said she was relevant in the US? but in the pop diva world she was. and actually X has some big pop hits in Europe, as she usually have. 

Why you keep using poot? It kinda distracts from your brilliant musical wisdom and make it seems like you are making fun of us. 

insight

There was nothing EDM about The Fame, imho. The Fame Monster however had its EDM moments.

The EDM term itself is such a stretch. It existed since Kraftwerk, just that it wasn't defined as such. I Feel Love would pass as EDM by today's standards. 

buzzkill
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

Why you keep using poot? It kinda distracts from your brilliant musical wisdom and make it seems like you are making fun of us. 

i just like it... why would i make fun of you? we are talking :sis:

ArtpopAct2

I think she popularized dance music coming back in general, but not specifically the Harris, Guetta like stuff that started to get more popular in late 2011. 

It’s crazy that Gaga, the one who brought dance music back, never brought either of them on a track and also never incorporated a dubstep breakdown that everyone loved (a la Britney HIAM) :air:

Even when she did work with Zedd on ARTPOP she still got something much more different out of him than everything else

flyaway

She invented dance music back in 2008

Before there was love, there was silence...

00_promo-14.gif

Archived