Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry to Reveal KP5 Cover

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

Spock
1 minute ago, Wolf Boy said:

I like the image of her, but the design, font, lol guuuuurl, this is Britney album cover level first year graphic designer.

Britney’s covers are a serve so that’s good enough for me :ohwell:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings

It's a cute album cover! I don't know why some of y'all are being so negative about it. 

Wolf Boy
Just now, Spock said:

Britney’s covers are a serve so that’s good enough for me :ohwell:

She always uses cheap looking fonts.

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, mcphee said:

It would be made easier if half of them were around for that but the loud minority seem to all be recent bandwagonners :coffee: If there was a competition - we WON in the long run so I dunno why they feel so intimidated by anything katy does

Sick. Of. It. :triggered:  its so childish...

But at least we are here, supporting Katy and also being Gaga fans :coffee:

End Racism Now

7 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its actually quite smart... clowns are supposed to bring joy and happiness, when you can see she's not smiling. She's a sad clown, putting on a happy face when she feels so sad on the inside 

Reminds me of Joker (2019) 

I  mean artistically, the theme of clowns is an interesting one, circus too, looks like she'll delve into that in her video. It can look great aesthetically, im not gonna expect anything deep from Katy but she can surprise us who knows

Nuggets
57 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Fine, but just take things for what they are. I don't know where her fans are getting the bizarre notion that this era could still be a hit.

Maybe I didn't look well enough but I don't recall seeing anybody say that? That is something you came up with.

Her last Top 10 Hit was in 2017, not 2014 btw

And NRO which was a cute hit could very well be considered a KP5 single since it's going to be part of the album so I'm sure her label is fine with pushing it even if Daisies barely scrapped the Top 40

Her career is not hanging on a thread, she's very fine thank you for the concern. Her flops are just more noticeable because of how many singles (most of them with no decent push) she released.

Also, no video was scrapped for Daisies. There has never been an "Original MV" shot for it so have no fear, her fans won't use that excuse.

Favorite McDonald's Snack

Pennywise

Don't come for me but I like this cover... better than Chromatica :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

SOON
6 minutes ago, Spock said:

Ecb4ol4WsAAbir4?format=jpg&name=large

so pretty!!

OMG okay I really like it now! :nick:

And I can see her singing "I guess I could try hypnotherapy, I gotta re-wire this brain" while lookin at the listener with this face. Or "One in seven billion. Why can't it be me?:bradley:

there really is a helplessness disguised over playful clown theme, and I can relate, I'm excited

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

xoxo Craig
11 minutes ago, Spock said:

so pretty!!

This is HQ, right? :nooo:  I love it now

End Racism Now

jimmytimestep
56 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really think you're convincing yourself of this. Record labels don't just allow artists to release albums of random songs they wrote with no direction. They want an album of hits, a solid direction, a successful release that will sell singles, merch and tour tickets. Releasing albums on a big name label is not about aimless direction and if it's an album of scrapped tracks and deep cuts, it won't have lead singles, music videos and marketing and it may not even chart on the main chart. This is a full-blown studio album and you know it. It's just not working out the way that any other Katy album has before and you're desperately scrabbling for reasons why. And how many second chances are you going to give her? KP5 is supposed to be her big comeback after several years of underperforming and flop singles and now you're saying she'll be just fine and it's KP6 that's going to smash? This isn't reality, sorry. Katy's only had one top 10 single in 6 years, her career's hanging by a thread. If this album flops, the chances of her coming back from this are slim to none. I've yet to see a singer have 2 flop albums in a row make a successful comeback.

I don't necessarily agree. Back in the 'Teenage Dream' era, things were structured towards one objective - selling music. But the way the industry has evolved, artists and labels do not make money anymore when they sell music - they make it from outside sources; touring, endorsements, etc - and when you are an artist that has made a cultural impact in some fashion (like Katy, Gaga, and most MPGs) keeping your brand afloat and in the public eye is what makes you money. I think it's also worth mentioning that in the streaming era, the longer music exists, the more money it makes. Before, we would buy an album, either physically or digitally, and it sat there...as a shelf filler, or as a file on a hard drive. Now, we stream it from elsewhere and while it doesn't make as much money as an individual sale, it accrues value over time. Look at today's HDD chart - 'Lover' was released seemingly forever ago, and yet this year it so far has outperformed 'Chromatica', a new release. While the newer album will of course outpeak the older this year, it's a statement to just how much money Taylor Swift has made off of that release THIS year. And the longer it exists, the more her loyal fanbase will stream it.

So I think, on the contrary, Columbia VERY much cares about Katy as an investment - they believe that she, as an act, does not need a hit song or album to generate revenue in the long run. They believe in her brand. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually FORCING her to release when she doesn't want to. They won't get the money from the merch or tours or endorsements if it's not out there. And the longer KP5 exists, the better investment it is for all involved.

And - to your point about artists having (or perhaps rather, having what were perceived as) two flop eras in a row and never coming back from it - look no further than Madonna, who has gone through that twice (Erotica-Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy-MDNA) and is still laughing her way to the bank, due a strong brand that thrives off of having a large catalogue.

weed

I don't understand the random blurring around her face/the whole image but I like it better than when I first saw it. Still think the bottom half is a mess, top half is a serve

15 minutes ago, Spock said:

so pretty!!

This is super cute

xoxo Craig
9 minutes ago, SOON said:

OMG okay I really like it now! :nick:

And I can see her singing "I guess I could try hypnotherapy, I gotta re-wire this brain" while lookin at the listener with this face. Or "One in seven billion. Why can't it be me?:bradley:

there really is a helplessness disguised over playful clown theme, and I can relate, I'm excited

"Told them your dreams and they all started laughing"

End Racism Now

SOON
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

"Told them your dreams and they all started laughing"

Okay now, I got a little teared up :bradley:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Archived