⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
question

Question you have about western music in China?

GipJo

I'm bored, so I wanna share some interesting information about music, especially western music in China, things like, "who is better received, Gaga or Katy", "what is GP's favourite song of Gaga" etc, I think these are quite mysterious to many people here, so it might be interesting to know.:ally:

Ask anything you want to know about music things or artists in China, if I know the answer, I will tell you and be as objective as I can.:enigma:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy

Ok who is the most popular artist there now (name and pic)

 

And who is the most popular international artist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And is Katy or Gaga better received? :stalkga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BillieGOAT

What’s BLACKPINK’s reception there?

Also was ASIB a big deal over there?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Ok who is the most popular artist there now (name and pic)

 

And who is the most popular international artist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And is Katy or Gaga better received? :stalkga:

Most popular ones including Joker Xue (Ballad singer, Ballad is big in China), Hua Chen Yu (experimental artist came from a Talent show), some OHW of Folk singers from Tik Tok, folk is big too. I don't know how to post their pics so maybe Google:stalkga:

Most popular international artist would be Alan Walker:deadbanana:

Gaga is better received after 2017.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TWICE
Posted (edited)

Since they restrict everything related to gay on the media (making me wondered why this hell site is not banned there), was Sam smith’s smash debut album popular there. 

Edited by TWICE
We are together: Into our new world.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
1 minute ago, GipJo said:

Most popular ones including Joker Xue (Ballad singer, Ballad is big in China), Hua Chen Yu (experimental artist came from a Talent show), some OHW of Folk singers from Tik Tok, folk is big too. I don't know how to post their pics so maybe Google:stalkga:

Most popular international artist would be Alan Walker:deadbanana:

Gaga is better received after 2017.

I'm not even sure who Alan Walker is tbh :enigma:

 

And no pics eh? 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
8 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

What’s BLACKPINK’s reception there?

Also was ASIB a big deal over there?

BP has big young fanbase. Big in K-POP or western group, no-event for GP tho.

ASIB is not a big deal outside of music circle, GP don't really know it because it didn't show in theaters here. But almost everyone big in music knows it and highly praises it. Music fans or movie fans don't really like it too, even some of LMs. Movie fans here don't understand this movie due to culture difference.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'm not even sure who Alan Walker is tbh :enigma:

 

And no pics eh? 

The DJ who produced a song call Faded, it's so popular here it's insane. People who don't have music knowledge assume the female singer is him, and they refer him as her.:deadbanana:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
7 minutes ago, TWICE said:

Since they restrict everything related to gay on the media (making me wondered why this hell site is not banned there), was Sam smith’s smash debut album popular there. 

They don't ban artists because of their sexuality:ohwell:

SS's debut album is popular of course, Ballad is big here, English ballad is no exception.

After that things going down for them in China, especially after them coming out as non-binary. Most people don't understand what it is, and people don't like them acting famine or over-exposed recently.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
24 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ur from China?

Yes:flutter: Beautiful country, you should visit after this Covid-19 mees:huntyga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
1 minute ago, Archduchess said:

oh hi handsome

I Love Flirting GIF

 

That's not a question:ally:But I accept your compliment:kiss:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
1 minute ago, GipJo said:

Yes:flutter: Beautiful country, you should visit after this Covid-19 mees:huntyga:

I'd love to but my list of places I wanna go to is too long :giveup:

 

and tbh a flight that far is kinda pricey. My finances with my new job are improving but still far from being able to splurge like that especially since I also gotta start saving you replace my ageing car :enigma:

 

for the next 1-2 years even if covid gets much better my vacation will have to remain in Canada

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GipJo
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'd love to but my list of places I wanna go to is too long :giveup:

 

and tbh a flight that far is kinda pricey. My finances with my new job are improving but still far from being able to splurge like that especially since I also gotta start saving you replace my ageing car :enigma:

 

for the next 1-2 years even if covid gets much better my vacation will have to remain in Canada

Canada is beautiful too, love to visit but I'm poor:ladyhaha:Not after I pay my house debt

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...