šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

My Future is now PULLED from Pop Radio, despite being only 1 month old.

Spotify WW:

#84 Shallow, #89Ā my future

Top 40 (Pop Radio):

#33 my future (1842 spins, 5.93 AI), #36 Rain On Me (1609 spins, 7.58 AI)

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Letā€™s be real.

No song from Chromatica sounds particularlyĀ radio friendlyĀ :laughga:

Also, itā€™s not like pop radio is rooting for Gaga. We all know her trajectory when it comes to getting radio hits in the US.

No matter what she would choose as a 3rd single, I donā€™t see it getting more than 25-30 million audience at its peak (and I am being optimistic). Wheter itā€™s 15 million or 20 or 25 million,Ā it wonā€™t make much of a difference either. WithoutĀ radio airplay (at least in the US) itā€™s practically impossible to launch into succes a song that already came out with the album months ago, unless it becomes viral on TikTok or smth like that.

This. ( I feel like only Free Woman could sort of be accepted on radios, but US radio would potentially still say no to it lol).

I actually dont see 911 doing more than 10m audience (and might perform worse than GUY). It is the most streamed album track, so im only focusing on the video + viral factor + streaming on this singleĀ :vegas:

CherryPie
39 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Letā€™s be real.

No song from Chromatica sounds particularlyĀ radio friendlyĀ :laughga:

I still think Fun Tonight wouldĀ be a good choice for radiosĀ 

2 minutes ago, Freddy said:

This. ( I feel like only Free Woman could sort of be accepted on radios, but US radio would potentially still say no to it lol).

I actually dont see 911 doing more than 10m audience (and might perform worse than GUY). It is the most streamed album track, so im only focusing on the video + viral factor + streaming on this singleĀ :vegas:

dont worry, richie jackson is on it #runchallenge

1 minute ago, CherryPie said:

SAME

30 minutes ago, Fish said:

im not sure the radio looks at your age and the minute youre 30 they stop playing you.

With pop radio, yes. They don't play you if you're a female over 30 unless it either charts high right off the bat or like a major event happens (see: Shallow, Oscars 2019; MR, SB LIĀ  2017)

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

8 minutes ago, CherryPie said:

For HAC, yeah.

They still just won't play her on pop that easily.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

LGMonster95
22 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

If that was the case I can also see Alice and Free Woman as UK singles. SFA is too dated IMO, even for Europe.Ā :deadbanana:

At least with SFA you know for sure that's going to be a really acclaimed single, a song like free woman would never work nowadays because it has nothing wow in it, it just feels too much like a random song too choose as a single. SFA definitelly has the potential to be a hit even if it feels a bit dated, its a song that everyone would love

CHROMATICON
6 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

At least with SFA you know for sure that's going to be a really acclaimed single, a song like free woman would never work nowadays because it has nothing wow in it, it just feels too much like a random song too choose as a single. SFA definitelly has the potential to be a hit even if it feels a bit dated, its a song that everyone would love

I donā€™t know almost all of my local friends didn't react well to the song. A lot of them thought it sounded like a Tomorrowland track and my boyfriend said it sounds like a car commercial track.Ā :fatcat:

FW should have retained at least some of the gritty demo production. The fact that they wiped everything off to make it that sonically bland and uninteresting is just mind-boggling to meĀ :saladga:

LGMonster95
11 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

I donā€™t know almost all of my local friends didn't react well to the song. A lot of them thought it sounded like a Tomorrowland track and my boyfriend said it sounds like a car commercial track.Ā :fatcat:

I saw a lot of reaction videos of it and pretty much everyone loved it, Ā the critics love it aswell, my mom who doesn't even listen to foreign music that much also loves the song....Its a song that both young & mature people can enjoyĀ 

Mirrion Rizzons
22 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

FW should have retained at least some of the gritty demo production. The fact that they wiped everything off to make it that sonically bland and uninteresting is just mind-boggling to meĀ :saladga:

This.

it went from FREE MF WOMAN to free bathroom breakĀ 

I still enjoy the album version though, some user on here made an edit of the album vocals on the Demo production which was amazingĀ 

2 hours ago, zcasx said:

I feel like Billie Eillish will have a lana-like trajectory... Hugely successful debut album with a couple of hits/streaming juggernauts... and from now on everything will be supported by her big fanbase but it'll rarely (if ever)Ā gain huge mainstream attention, let's see tho

I don't think it's fair to count Billie out just yet. Lana never had an audience as young as Billie. Lana's songs are very mature, in the sense that they talk about adult topics in a poetic way. Billie's are more relatable to the young folks battling depression, anxiety, societal pressure etc. And her audience is HUGE and they are all mostly from the streaming gen. She also had six Grammys just from her first era. I think she'll continue to achieve success, just not as huge as her debut era. But she will probably remain mainstream for a few eras. That's pretty likely.

Stupid Love and Rain On Me are the most radio-friendly tracks and she's used them, I don't really see 911 smashing on radio but at this stage, she's got two top 10Ā hits from this era. Cool, is it likely we'll get another? No.

The only way I see her getting nay more top 10's in the US this era is if she drops SC with a massive video or promotes the life and death out of Free Woman and it exceeds everybody's expectations.Ā 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived