💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Babylon98
3 minutes ago, Fish said:

Im still mad Billie robbed Lana at the last grammies... album of the year shouldve gone to Lana's NFR! and thats that. I feel like the grammy voters just jumped on the hottest, youngest trend and decided this was their way to stay relevant. 

I have a lot of feelings. 

tenor.gif

I personally liked lana's album better too (especially the first half) but I understand that if they take into consideration the cultural impact that the work had then wwafawdeg deserved it. It's absolutely unfair that lana has no grammy whatsoever tho. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

Is 911 radio friendly?

No. It's one of the least radio friendly tracks on the album. It's the reason so many fans have mixed feelings about it as a single, since it's been doing better than other album tracks on all other metrics.

3 minutes ago, zcasx said:

I personally liked lana's album better too (especially the first half) but I understand that if they take into consideration the cultural impact that the work had then wwafawdeg deserved it. It's absolutely unfair that lana has no grammy whatsoever tho. 

i dont remember the year when they gave it to Acarde Fire ffsss

ArtGagaPop

Sweden single chart
#98(RE) Rain on me, 15 weeks (Peak 8)
#99(=) Shallow, 82 weeks (Peak 1)

:golfclap:
If ROM can chart for a few more weeks then i would say it's her biggest non ASIB song here since Born this way. I would say it's currently on par with Judas/TEOG/Applause success wise. Even with radio paying it dust :vegas:

Let’s be real.

No song from Chromatica sounds particularly radio friendly :laughga:

Also, it’s not like pop radio is rooting for Gaga. We all know her trajectory when it comes to getting radio hits in the US.

No matter what she would choose as a 3rd single, I don’t see it getting more than 25-30 million audience at its peak (and I am being optimistic). Wheter it’s 15 million or 20 or 25 million, it won’t make much of a difference either. Without radio airplay (at least in the US) it’s practically impossible to launch into succes a song that already came out with the album months ago, unless it becomes viral on TikTok or smth like that.

11 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Let’s be real.

Also, it’s not like pop radio is rooting for Gaga. We all know her trajectory when it comes to getting radio hits in the US.

No matter what she would choose as a 3rd single, I don’t see it getting more than 25-30 million audience at its peak (and I am being optimistic). Wheter it’s 15 million or 20 or 25 million, it won’t make much of a difference either. Without radio airplay (at least in the US) it’s practically impossible to launch into succes a song that already came out with the album months ago, unless it becomes viral on TikTok or smth like that.

didnt taylor did it with Delicate though? 

Damn the new Demi x Marshmello song is so bad and disposable. :messga: It’s quite sad to see talented vocalists like Demi do these kind of filler EDM tracks that could have been easily sang by anyone out there. :saladga:

Just now, Fish said:

didnt taylor did it with Delicate though? 

Taylor had massive radio support back then because she was still in her twenties. You can easily see how US pop radio switches on female artists when they reach past 30 years. Just look at how ME! dwindlied down the chart once the label push stopped. She also wasn’t able to make The Man or anything past-Lover release happen on radio. Cardigan also had a terrible fate on pop radio.

Just now, DrCake said:

Taylor had massive radio support back then because she was still in her twenties. You can easily see how US pop radio switches on female artists when they reach past 30 years. Just look at how ME! dwindlied down the chart once the label push stopped. She also wasn’t able to make The Man or anything past-Lover release happen on radio. Cardigan also had a terrible fate on pop radio.

im not sure the radio looks at your age and the minute youre 30 they stop playing you.

My point is, its not necessarily impossible, she did it with delicate. 

Seryabkina
1 hour ago, zcasx said:

I feel like Billie Eillish will have a lana-like trajectory... Hugely successful debut album with a couple of hits/streaming juggernauts... and from now on everything will be supported by her big fanbase but it'll rarely (if ever) gain huge mainstream attention, let's see tho

If she’ll serve the same music she did with her first album, most likely 

23 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Let’s be real.

Exactly which is why i just want some visuals. We already got a #1 and a #5 this era, anything else is just for fun.

LGMonster95
22 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Let’s be real.

I mean If Rain On Me failed to become a big hit on the radio in US then It's pretty clear, at least with 911 you can make something out of it like a viral hit or something like that and since its the most streamed album track from Chromatica then It's definitelly worth the try. I still think that she should release Sine From Above later because even if it doesn't sound like a US hit, it definitelly can do something in Europe for example.

Seryabkina
15 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Damn the new Demi x Marshmello song is so bad and disposable. :messga: It’s quite sad to see talented vocalists like Demi do these kind of filler EDM tracks that could have been easily sang by anyone out there. :saladga:

No shade but that’s most of her discography for me :rip: also, wasn’t aware she released that song already

CHROMATICON
5 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

I mean If Rain On Me failed to become a big hit on the radio in US then It's pretty clear, at least with 911 you can make something out of it like a viral hit or something like that and since its the most streamed album track from Chromatica then It's definitelly worth the try. I still think that she should release Sine From Above later because even if it doesn't sound like a US hit, it definitelly can do something in Europe for example.

If that was the case I can also see Alice and Free Woman as UK singles. SFA is too dated IMO, even for Europe. :deadbanana:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived