Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, whoresup said:

I know this is a stupid point to make :billie:but I was thinking about when there is a really close race to a number 1 album or single and it’s like a few hundred or even a few thousand copies between them. 

Why don’t the label just buy a load of copies to get it over the line? I mean, surely it wouldn't cost much more than they would pay for a promotional appearance or something. At the moment in the UK there’s about 300 copies between the number 1 and 2 before tomorrow’s chart and they are campaigning like crazy to get it selling new random bundles etc :teehee: why not just buy a load of copies??

I don’t think you can just buy 400 albums in one sale and have them count separately. That’s not how it works. 

In order to have 400 individual sales of an item, you need 400 individual purchases. I don’t think anybody is that crazy to block an entire store for maybe hours to have 400 copies of an album (if they even have that many on sale) individually scanned and paid for. That’s ridiculous. 

ArtGagaPop
2 hours ago, HybridAT said:

Idk how many times this discussion will come up over and over again. They decided to not push anymore singles after Shallow from ASIB not only because they wanted Shallow to get all the attention for awards season and make it a gigantic classic but also Gaga herself couldn't get out of the character of Ally Maine after finishing ASIB and she wanted to get rid of it and move on as quickly as possible.

Rooting for an artist's success is completely understandable, we all do it here but staying excessively maudlin over the career choice of an established global superstar and obsessing over it is frankly a little weird :bear: Move on, it's been 2 years already. We know she has.

Shallow is a monster success and now a timeless classic, ARUTW is a global hit despite little to no promotion that blew every single expectation out of the water, ASIB is the most successful soundtrack of modern times. Everything is great. Nothing is "ruined". 

i don't think anyone excepted a full on single push for ARUTW but playlisting + radio add would been enough. Only that type of promo made ARUTW a 55 week charting and top 10 smash in Sweden without stopping Shallows success :bradley:

33 minutes ago, whoresup said:

I know this is a stupid point to make :billie:but I was thinking about when there is a really close race to a number 1 album or single and it’s like a few hundred or even a few thousand copies between them. 

Why don’t the label just buy a load of copies to get it over the line? I mean, surely it wouldn't cost much more than they would pay for a promotional appearance or something. At the moment in the UK there’s about 300 copies between the number 1 and 2 before tomorrow’s chart and they are campaigning like crazy to get it selling new random bundles etc :teehee: why not just buy a load of copies??

This is what I've been wondering for years and I still don't know the answer.

2 minutes ago, DrCake said:

I don’t think you can just buy 400 albums in one sale and have them count separately. That’s not how it works. 

In order to have 400 individual sales of an item, you need 400 individual purchases. I don’t think anybody is that crazy to block an entire store for maybe hours to have 400 copies of an album (if they even have that many on sale) individually scanned and paid for. That’s ridiculous. 

Digital copies? 

20 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

i don't think anyone excepted a full on single push for ARUTW but playlisting + radio add would been enough. Only that type of promo made ARUTW a 55 week charting and top 10 smash in Sweden without stopping Shallows success :bradley:

Yes, I see your point. I know it could be bigger. But we can't do anything about it now, the ship has long sailed is what I was trying to say. My comment wasn't specifically directed at you, I wrote it because I've seen that discussion come up very frequently here. No hard feelings here.

It's more a glass half empty vs half full thing at the end of the day I guess. We can be overthinking and overanalyzing about what success we could have had in retrospect or just be grateful for whatever success we got and move on :vegas:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

CHROMATICON
8 minutes ago, Admin said:

Digital copies? 

but wouldn't that be illegal? :deadbanana: i don't know much about charts but a label buying copies to get a song to #1 is a bit too tricky IMO. 

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Admin said:

Because it's illegal and if you get caught cheating, you're not allowed to chart at all. If races are close, and people are campaigning to get the #1, you can be sure that the sales of every competitor for the top spot are getting audited and double checked for irregularities. 

WildAmerican

Does anyone know how many US Units Shallow's sold? It was certified 4x Platinum in March of this year, but that feels way too low....

2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Does anyone know how many US Units Shallow's sold? It was certified 4x Platinum in March of this year, but that feels way too low....

Definitely more than 6x platinum

This was in April

Update: found this from June

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

9 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

How close are we to a gold or platinum certification for Chromatica in the US?

Around 325k more to Platinum. It's at around 675k+ SPS sold

Jollibee

So, apparently SNL is back on October 3rd. Gaga better book that slot. She needs to remind the voters about Chromatica. She can perform 911 and other songs from the album if she can't perform ROM.

Shallow — Certifications:

Australia — 9x Platinum
Austria — Platinum
Belgium — 2x Platinum
Canada — 8x Platinum
Denmark — 3x Platinum
France — Diamond
Germany — Platinum
Italy — 4x Platinum
NZ — 3x Platinum
Norway — 6x Platinum
Poland — Diamond
Portugal — 4x Platinum

Spain — 3x Platinum

Taiwan — 10x Platinum

UK — 2x Platinum

US— 4x Platinum (6x Platinum eligible)

Apparently, it has also surpassed Double(2x) Diamond in France a while ago, a certification that doesn't exist :bradley:

A record-obliterating GLOBAL SMASH. Tricons ONLY :applause:

l9llpfpi6lyd3bkx_1598866630.jpeg?tr=w-81

3 hours ago, DrCake said:

Well somebody crazy would like you to know is all it takes is 6 credit cards :fan:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived