Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, Andreu said:

AS if it was a good thing for an album not to have a successful single

49DB7A38-EA1D-49FA-BB9D-D24789CA2C0A.thu

Even without a successful single, folklore era is more successful than Chromatica. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreu
1 minute ago, Hurem said:

Even without a successful single, folklore era is more successful than Chromatica. 

Ok but this is not what I said. I said that not having a hit song is not a positive song, no matter how much you twisted. Not a positive thing for folklore, not a positive song for Joanne back in the day either.

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

And even without selling less albums, Gaga is a bigger worldwide name than Taylor.

malazam
2 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

You mean top 100? :bear:

I mean Top 40 US iTunes :ladyhaha:

another shot before we kiss the other side

CHROMATICON
21 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

And even without selling less albums, Gaga is a bigger worldwide name than Taylor.

Taylor sales are still bigger than Gaga worldwide I think which is not bad :shrug: Taylor is more of a local it's true but she's still known WW and isn't she inside Top 10 best selling artists of all time? No to mention she has the highest grossing female tour in history in the US surpassing Madonna. 

FFXIV WhiteMage
29 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

Taylor sales are still bigger than Gaga worldwide I think which is not bad :shrug: Taylor is more of a local it's true but she's still known WW and isn't she inside Top 10 best selling artists of all time? No to mention she has the highest grossing female tour in history in the US surpassing Madonna. 

It’s a no brainer that Taylor is more commercially successful than Gaga.

However, Gaga’s stardom and reputation is more impactful. Just look at WW medias raving over her performances and projects. I mean Gaga is afterall not limited to the music industry, she is a well known activist even before it was popular, she is an Oscar nominated actress, a stellar performer  and many more. :ally:

41 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

I’m not talking about music :shrug: As a personality Gaga will always remain bigger and more impactful :shrug: Taylor herself looks up to Gaga’s career. It’s her words not mine.

Jollibee

ASIB left on HBO Max last September 7th.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-max-september-2020-movies-leaving

Musicals exiting the platform include Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born, which were both nominated for best picture at the 91st Academy Awards.

Leaving Sept. 7

The Hate U Give
A Star is Born (HBO)

Warner better put it on Netflix! The ST will definitely bounce back if it happens. 

1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

How is this relevant to Folklore vs. Chromatica disccusion? :smh: 

HosedDownGypsy

Honestly the only reason why I know of Folklores exsitance is because I visit here, otherwise I havent seen or heard anything about it in the media or on my socials nor have any of my friends mentioned it. (I live in Europe).
I know im not a metric of how impacfull an album is but just sayin...

RAIN ON ME

Andreu
3 minutes ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

Honestly the only reason why I know of Folklores exsitance is because I visit here, otherwise I havent seen or heard anything about it in the media or on my socials nor have any of my friends mentioned it. (I live in Europe).

honestly... same.

Steccazero
5 minutes ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

Same in Italy

pls get into this ***uettery

Global commercial sales do not necessarily translate into global cultural impact. You need more than just tons of platinum certifications, record sales and a string of smash hits to serve cultural impact and shift and shape it in a way that you become the conversation, not just what you sold. Always remember that. :haroon:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

Global commercial sales do not necessarily translate into global cultural impact. You need more than just tons of platinum certifications, record sales and a string of smash hits to serve cultural impact and shift and shape it in a way that you become the conversation, not just what you sold. Always remember that. :haroon:

Agree and remembered :ally:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived