Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Spotify achievements today (03.09.20) : 

Shallow crosses 1.240b streams (1,240,064,933)

Rain On Me crosses 328m streams (328,813,595)

Paparazzi crosses 189m streams (189,024,187)

Stupid Love crosses 178m streams (178,199,086)

LWIF crosses 103m streams (103,028,811)

Alice crosses 31m streams (31,132,735)

Starstruck crosses 31m streams (31,007,964)

Sine From Above crosses 23m streams (23,061,932)

Heavy Metal Lover crosses 15m streams (15,006,231)

tumblr_pgak4uQVOd1s4cgr2o1_500.gif

Paparazzi and Stupid Love should both reach 200m streams by the end of September, if not early October. :legend:

Alice becomes Gaga's 48th (+2) most-streamed track, surpassing TF classics Beautiful, Dirty Rich and Starstruck. Whilst Free Woman currently stands as her 51st (+1) most-streamed track, overtaking Til It Happens To You. :firega:

Have a great day ya'll and look after yourselves!! :sara:

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jollibee
3 minutes ago, Noir said:

Spotify achievements today (03.09.20) : 

Shallow crosses 1.240b streams (1,240,064,933)

Rain On Me crosses 328m streams (328,813,595)

Paparazzi crosses 189m streams (189,024,187)

Stupid Love crosses 178m streams (178,199,086)

LWIF crosses 103m streams (103,028,811)

Alice crosses 31m streams (31,132,735)

Starstruck crosses 31m streams (31,007,964)

Sine From Above crosses 23m streams (23,061,932)

Heavy Metal Lover crosses 15m streams (15,006,231)

tumblr_pgak4uQVOd1s4cgr2o1_500.gif

Paparazzi and Stupid Love should both reach 200m streams by the end of September, if not early October. :legend:

Alice becomes Gaga's 48th (+2) most-streamed track, surpassing TF classics Beautiful, Dirty Rich and Starstruck. Whilst Free Woman currently stands as her 51st (+1) most-streamed track, overtaking Til It Happens To You. :firega:

Have a great day ya'll and look after yourselves!! :sara:

I don't think SL will reach 200m by end of September nor early October.

Based on your monthly report streams, SL is doing like 12-13m streams per month. SL needs 22m to reach 200m. It would probably reach 200m last week of October.

jimmytimestep
2 hours ago, JustJames said:

The only way to Chart in the US is via Radio. This is what makes the decision to pull - sorry, stop promoting - ROM from Radio such a bad decision since regardless of callouts, it had AI to keep it Top 40 for months, with a likely Top 20 boost this week. Listeners would be exposed to 1 Chromatica track on Radio (a cross-platform smash carrying it) and 911 / post-album singles could boost streams via digital promo: playlisting, MV, etc.

Since Chromatica is now on the same timeline as “streaming poison” Joanne for certs, and no shot at Radio, it needs higher recurrent streams / “John Wayne”s. PI (1.2m), MR (7m), JW (900k), AYO (700k) carried Joanne last month (other tracks lingered at ~400k). Chromatica has ROM, SL, and SC, but the rest are all similarly low; I’ve never wanted SC as a single, but with >100m streams and consistent reentry in the Top 200, a remix (Gaga intro and/or BP bridge) + MV could be the smartest move left.

I think tying 911 and Replay to Mental Health Awareness Month (October) as fundraisers for BTWF would be strategic *and* on-brand. Add SFA (Valentino) and Babylon (+HL Remix) to close the era, and we’d have ROM as Shallow, SC as ARUTW, SL as INLA, and 911, Replay, Babylon as ITA/LWIF.

#1 album, #1 single with cross-platform longevity, #5 single with good recurrent streams, #33 streaming hit, 3 songs with promo (tied to a high-end brand / potentially mental health awareness) boosting sales/ streams/ certs is definitely a win to me. 

I agree with this post 100%. This is the type of campaign that wins a major pop culture artist like Gaga AOTY at the Grammys. and I hope/wish (mostly hope lol) her team has the foresight you do. Cause right now, Ms. Swift is well outpacing Gaga (and everyone else except ~maybe~ The Weeknd) for AOTY.

They need to adjust the narrative so voters and the general public recognize Chromatica as something not only danceable and fun, but artistically adventurous and philanthropically with its heart in the right place. And honestly, the album truly is both of those things...but I'm not convinced people are seeing it in the same way we fans are.

itsdominik

Spotify Austria All-time charts:

23. Shallow (+12)

Shallow is the 23rd most streamed song of all time on Spotify Austria and the 5th most streamed female song of all time on Spotify Austria :legend::applause:

JustTea
2 hours ago, malazam said:

Yeah but chart masters method doesn't count for the year end list, IFPI method does..

IFPI year end chart is pure sales only anyway... :awkney:

JustJames
2 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:They need to adjust the narrative so voters and the general public recognize Chromatica as something not only danceable and fun, but artistically adventurous and philanthropically with its heart in the right place. And honestly, the album truly is both of those things...but I'm not convinced people are seeing it in the same way we fans are.

People aren’t seeing it AT ALL. She’s given 1-2 interviews for context, but otherwise, casual listeners are not listening to much other than ROM, and if they are, the way it was edited to maximize its streaming potential - limiting the length of songs to 3:00 or less - definitely impacted the ability for any of the major themes she’s discussed to break through. 

I have been hanging onto the idea of doing a big promotional effort in partnership with BTWF since the album dropped. She’s preached about kindness and made mental health a big platform of hers; October is the perfect time to shed attention onto it while elevating her latest work of art the way it deserves IMO.

lf BLACKPINK includes Sour Candy on their album, how does that impact its streams for Chromatica? 

2 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

I agree with this post 100%. This is the type of campaign that wins a major pop culture artist like Gaga AOTY at the Grammys. and I hope/wish (mostly hope lol) her team has the foresight you do. Cause right now, Ms. Swift is well outpacing Gaga (and everyone else except ~maybe~ The Weeknd) for AOTY.

They need to adjust the narrative so voters and the general public recognize Chromatica as something not only danceable and fun, but artistically adventurous and philanthropically with its heart in the right place. And honestly, the album truly is both of those things...but I'm not convinced people are seeing it in the same way we fans are.

There is no chance in hell she will win any Grammys for this album. But she should campaign/promote to squeeze out a filler Record of the Year nomination for ROM. If she wants to win AOTY she needs to make something as good as Folklore (complete songs, good songwriting, instruments) and also campaign like Billie did last year.

My Name Isnt Alice
6 minutes ago, Mr S said:

There is no chance in hell she will win any Grammys for this album. But she should campaign/promote to squeeze out a filler Record of the Year nomination for ROM. If she wants to win AOTY she needs to make something as good as Folklore (complete songs, good songwriting, instruments) and also campaign like Billie did last year.

No thanks :heart:

i'd rather not have her a grammy :vegas:

:heart::heart:

Scarlet Witch
8 hours ago, Werk said:

Thank you! Also do you know if it would count if I'm listening to an album but listen to each song for 30 seconds and then skip and do the same thing? Or am I required to listen to the album in full length for it to count?

I have no idea and no one really knows for sure but it should count if its played more than 30 seconds

29 minutes ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

No thanks :heart:

i'd rather not have her a grammy :vegas:

:heart::heart:

Well I didn't mean it has to sound like it (Gaga and folk don't go together), just needs to have that type of top notch quality.

1 hour ago, Mr S said:

Well I didn't mean it has to sound like it (Gaga and folk don't go together), just needs to have that type of top notch quality.

TFM is top notch quality and it’s just 8 songs. 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived