đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

The Clown

I get that she's promo sensitive and would have obviously done better with ARTPOP/Joanne level promo.

However, it's only been 3 days since the VMAs and that's probably the biggest promo spot she's going to get this era aside from maybe the GRAMMYs wich are far-far away, anyway. It's not like she can headline the Super Bowl or win an Oscar every era.

Do we have any realistic reasons to think things will improve drastically outside of a miracle like 911 going bat-s*it-crazy-viral, or a Fame Monster-like re-release with new tracks and a smash new single?

Because if we don't, we should accept that, chart wise, Chromatica will be on the same level as ARTPOP. Not as critically hated. Not marked by any huge media backlashes. But a 'flop' era overall.

As a sidenote, I'm not saying this takes away the album's artistic merit. I love it and will continue to do so. I'm just curious as to how this era will be remembered, if at all, later in her career and I do believe commercial success is strongly tied with that in pop music.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

By the the time MR was as old as ROM is now MR already had 9 performances including at big events/tv shows like SNL, Carpool, AMAs and VSFS. Imagine if ROM/SL had the same lineup of performances :bradley:

CHROMATICON

The only thing that could save the era right now is a special edition and a viral new single. Gaga and her team should have capitalized from the VMAs but she didn't and I don't know why, I just don't understand her team. She performed at the VMAs abd obviously a lot of people would have go to her socials, which was the perfect opportunity to talk about the album and drop links OR drop a MV for one of the songs. 

This era won't have a second wing obviously, from this point it will keep free falling and probably leave the top 200 in like 2-3 months. 

MANiCURE1295
16 minutes ago, The Clown said:

Not as critically hated. Not marked by any huge media backlashes. But a 'flop' era overall.

.....Produced a top 5 solo platinum single and a #1 that will be multi platinum when it’s all said and done and the album went #1 with her highest first week sales since BTW...this is literally the exact opposite of a “flop” lol :ladyhaha:

oh and not to mention she’ll probably nab another Grammy with ROM so this album will definitely not be remembered as a flop lol do you know what actual “flop” albums look like? Go check Katy’s new album 

Honey keep the username :billie:

Animal Claws
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

.....Produced a top 5 solo platinum single and a #1 that will be multi platinum when it’s all said and done and the album went #1 with her highest first week sales since BTW...this is literally the exact opposite of a “flop” lol :ladyhaha:

oh and not to mention she’ll probably nab another Grammy with ROM so this album will definitely not be remembered as a flop lol 

This.

and the fact it'll outsell ARTPOP and Joanne in a few months says the album was a undeniable success. There will be more singles tho, the era is far from over.

MANiCURE1295
4 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

This.

and the fact it'll outsell ARTPOP and Joanne in a few months says the album was a undeniable success. There will be more singles tho, the era is far from over.

Like let’s look at some REAL FLOPS and we can compare :ladyhaha:

smitherz
8 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

girl when I tell you I SCREAMED when I read this hahahaha 

LGMonster95

Chromatica is far from being a "flop" lol It still has a top 5 solo hit song and a #1 hit song as well as the album itself being #1 and also pulling good streaming numbers. If you really want a perfect example of an album that It's shaping to be a true flop then look no further than Katy's album (I don't want to be mean but, It's a fact). Also this era is far from being over, who knows what could happen next.

Kimblue
14 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

oh and not to mention she’ll probably nab another Grammy with ROM so this album will definitely not be remembered as a flop lol do you know what actual “flop” albums look like? Go check Katy’s new album 

Gotta love the sudden influx of newbies having meltdowns over things they have no idea about.:awkney:

Harry Kat

Not all of this drama because of a fall on WW iTunes Chart :billie: We're close to 2021, iTunes are dead. I mean really DEAD! We know that with a good promo campaign back in June-July the album would have been stable but with those things happened they chose to postpone/cancel the promo and focus on other more meaningful this! Let's move on. The album will reach Platinum sometime in 2021 and it will be remembered as a success because of Rain On Me's success and the good critics and sales in general. And of course let's wait and see what other things have in store. The tour is next summer (and hopefully by then it can take place) so the era will be officially over after the end of it. I'm sure that they have things ready to go. We saw that and with the VMA's. I mean they for sure had planned this performance weeks ago and we knew nothing. 

chromatica is also not a total success... the delusion of some of yall... a grammy doesnt mean **** 

MANiCURE1295
8 minutes ago, smitherz said:

girl when I tell you I SCREAMED when I read this hahahaha 

BAHAHAHAHAH I couldn’t resist :billie:

2 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

Gotta love the sudden influx of newbies having meltdowns over things they have no idea about.:awkney:

Literally.....like imagine calling Chromatica a flop album lol. Most pop stars on this planet wish they could have some of the receipts that Chromatica has.

1 minute ago, Harry Kat said:

Not all of this drama because of a fall on WW iTunes Chart :billie: We're close to 2021, iTunes are dead. I mean really DEAD! We know that with a good promo campaign back in June-July the album would have been stable but with those things happened they chose to postpone/cancel the promo and focus on other more meaningful this! Let's move on. The album will reach Platinum sometime in 2021 and it will be remembered as a success because of Rain On Me's success and the good critics and sales in general. And of course let's wait and see what other things have in store. The tour is next summer (and hopefully by then it can take place) so the era will be officially over after the end of it. I'm sure that they have things ready to go. We saw that and with the VMA's. I mean they for sure had planned this performance weeks ago and we knew nothing. 

THIS.

It’s like people still caring about TV ratings :ladyhaha: like bish it is 2020 no one has things like iTunes and cable anymore....people bitching about VMA ratings when Gaga’s performance has over 30M combined views.

Chromatica has produced Gaga’s best first week sales since 2011, a solo platinum top 5 single, an eventual multi platinum #1, 5 VMA awards, a #1 album in many countries, well on its way to over 1B+ total steams on Spotify, and some of Gaga’s best reviews for an album that she’s ever had not to mention she has a good chance to add some GRAMMY gold to her shelf with ROM coming for Best Pop Duo/Group 

Imagine calling that a flop :ladyhaha:

LGMonster95
4 minutes ago, Fish said:

chromatica is also not a total success... the delusion of some of yall... a grammy doesnt mean **** 

Who says "It's a total success" too? It's not but It's also far from being a flop which is a fact. And a Grammy still means something, as low as the Grammys has gone in the past years, they are still music's biggest awards

MANiCURE1295
5 minutes ago, Fish said:

Please explain the difference between a success and a total success and a flop? Please I’m genuinely curious. Is it an album seller like Folklore? No. of course not, and no one has tried to say that. But it’s not strictly album sales are everything.

Chromatica is a success, no matter how hard you try to tell yourself that it’s not...it is. :bye:

Animal Claws
5 minutes ago, Fish said:

Why do you have to be 100% negative all the time?

Stupid Love was Platinum on US, peaked at #5.

Rain On Me was also Platinum and it's a big hit. It was top 10 in 50 countries + #1 debut on US

Chromatica is doing really good in streaming numbers, it'll reach 1B in less than 4 months.

The album has surpassed 2 million copies WW without any perfomance or relevant promo

She restarted the era on VMAs and the next single is coming soon. It'll make the album more stable.

It'll outsell her "flop" albums in a few months.

With all of this, you still think it wasn't a satisfying success? I don't understand.

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived