đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Gaga Have A Solo Smash Era?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, theduy0312 said:

She was too insecure so she got BP and Ariana to get hits.

:triggered:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart
26 minutes ago, theduy0312 said:

She lost the GaGa thing I guess.

Lmao I thought we stopped saying that already :ladyhaha:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Agunimon

Chromatica will fade as an era and her next one will smash all on her own. She was overexposed with A Star Is Born, so she needs to remain as she is this era or the GP will grow tired of her like they did prior. Even Taylor is handling her Lover era this way.

looking4wonderland

She’d have to take years off and have a “comeback”. That’s how people her age (a 33 year old woman may as well be 70 in pop years unfortunately) who have been around over a decade experience later success. It never happens otherwise. Massive comeback where the GP is rooting for her is the only way - some 18 year old newbie could’ve released Stupid Love and it would’ve been number 1 for weeks on end. Gaga’s name has run its course with the GP, just like Britney did and just like Madonna did. But like I said, Britney got a second boost after the world rooted for her and her comeback.

ThefamebaII

It depends what direction she wants to take her next single. ROM had the potential, and Ariana. So I’m happy it got her a #1. The MV was cute! :flutter:
And With the pandemic going on, it’s kind of tricky to give the GP a new single. 
Sour Candy MV would Bring in streams, but that would be another collab. 

I love Chromatic as a whole body of work, it’s hard to pick a “solo” song that could do as well as ROM. Obviously Babylon is a Bop, but can it hold up on radios without it being compared to Vogue? 

looking4wonderland

I really don’t think anything left on Chromatica is radio friendly. And I say that as a compliment, because radio is trash. Stupid Love and ROM where her two shots. I can’t even imagine something like Enigma or Replay getting a single spin. 911 and Alice would’ve been hits in 2011, but dance-pop isn’t what radio wants now. 

God Control

I don’t think it’ll ever be as big as 2011. Selling around 1M copies on one week is a huge milestone that many artists don’t even dream to reach their entire career. She achieved that in time when she was at her peak and so was the genre she served and the timeframe along with the trends it was released in.

For that to be repeated or at least to get close to that, she needs to make a major overhaul to her sound and image in a way that is either trendy and becomes the best of all the things released in that style or something completely different yet so powerful that it shines and redefines the trends, both of which are very hard. 

God Control
57 minutes ago, looking4wonderland said:

She’d have to take years off and have a “comeback”. That’s how people her age (a 33 year old woman may as well be 70 in pop years unfortunately) who have been around over a decade experience later success. It never happens otherwise. Massive comeback where the GP is rooting for her is the only way - some 18 year old newbie could’ve released Stupid Love and it would’ve been number 1 for weeks on end. Gaga’s name has run its course with the GP, just like Britney did and just like Madonna did. But like I said, Britney got a second boost after the world rooted for her and her comeback.

And this is also a very risky move because she could be gone and she gets forgotten completely. Disappearing works for someone like Adele or Taylor Swift or maybe Rihanna but for Gaga at this point in her career, it could mean she’d lose whatever relevancy she has left by the time she decides to disappear.

Archived