Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I get you want promo, but...

DC

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

She took part in that fundrager last week and was in full Gaga mode for it. It seems to me that she doesn't want to give us a half assed attempt at promo. I think she is choosing to wait for a time when she can do it all properly. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suuus
47 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

Just because Gaga chose to be an artist, does not mean that she is obligated to enjoy the negative aspects that come along with this particular career. Either way, Gaga feels as though sharing resources for BLM and giving others a voice on her platform is the most positive/productive thing she can do right now, which is valid imo. Besides, the promotion will more than likely restart soon so simply be patient for a bit.

Remember, you guys already got an entire album and 2 music videos (with an animated lyric video) so let's not exaggerate by acting like you've gotten absolutely nothing or had to wait an incredibly long period of time.

And the chromatica weather girls and gagavision 

Sarah H
8 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

We also know she struggles hard with her mental health. For all we know she could be managing nothing beyond getting out of bed to pee right now. Been there, done that...my flatmate once had to quite literally drag me out of bed in into the shower. When it hits like that it is paralysing. And I was fortunate enough not to have the chronic physical pain Gaga also has on top of everything.

Of course she could be feeling great, none of us know her or lives with her, but if she did happen to be struggling there is not a magic PROMO ON button she can hit, as much as people might wish there was.

All of this!! 

We have no idea how she's feeling right now or what she can and can't do. 

Things can never be the same for her as they were before her health problems. People need to lay off her a bit. 

She put out an album and did interviews, it's not like we've been given nothing. 

KindHML
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

screaming, I said nothing disrespectful about gaga yet you had this whole meltdown about how we should respect Gaga, while being disgustingly disrespectful towards katy, the hypocrisy :billie: I said it once and I'll say it again, it's always the people preaching about kindness towards gaga that would be the first to drag other artists   

Looking at the facts, again. Not dragging Katy down, I love her personality and her music, but sorry it's true she didn't do anything for BLM or Covid-19.

Not here to fight at all, I am just so tired with all this matter about Gaga's not promoting anything when, I am sure, she's trying her best to do things for the world. I apologize if you think I was offensive or disrespectful, not my intention. 💛 💚 

Jose P
3 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

so you have nothing else to say but to make a personal dig at me :bear:

I already said what I had to say, I won’t argue when clearly neither of us will budge :bye:

paradox
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

I already said what I had to say, I won’t argue when clearly neither of us will budge :bye:

well at least one of us didn't have to resort to mocking the others character :bear:

KindHML

We all need to stop fighting, be kind to each other and patient for Gaga to do what she needs/wants. 

We should show her how much we support and love her instead of being in a fight about promotion and what she's not doing for Chromatica. 😊❤️💛💚

Guys it's ok! @pugsnotdrugs Is fine with how they feel, let's not just gang up on them on here, it honestly would be awesome to get promo, but I understand why we aren't getting any, so don't attack anyone on here that says that they're tired of not getting any promo :heart:

FlopSlurper
6 minutes ago, KindHML said:

Looking at the facts, again. Not dragging Katy down, I love her personality and her music, but sorry it's true she didn't do anything for BLM or Covid-19.

Not here to fight at all, I am just so tired with all this matter about Gaga's not promoting anything when, I am sure, she's trying her best to do things for the world. I apologize if you think I was offensive or disrespectful, not my intention. 💛 💚 

she participated in a fundraiser like gaga

performed during the youtube graduation event

another covid event but for LGBT/pride

and posted about BLM just like gaga

Franch Toast
8 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

We also know she struggles hard with her mental health. For all we know she could be managing nothing beyond getting out of bed to pee right now. Been there, done that...my flatmate once had to quite literally drag me out of bed in into the shower. When it hits like that it is paralysing. And I was fortunate enough not to have the chronic physical pain Gaga also has on top of everything.

Of course she could be feeling great, none of us know her or lives with her, but if she did happen to be struggling there is not a magic PROMO ON button she can hit, as much as people might wish there was.

Also, people forget she's extremely close with her family. As she takes social distancing seriously, she hasn't been in physical proximity of her parents or sister since all of this started. I remember hearing that Cynthia has to take her mother for chemo, so she (Cynthia) has to be extremely careful to stay healthy for her own mother's sake, and with Gaga's own health issues, she likewise can't risk being around her mom in case Cynthia picked up something from the hospital. Meanwhile, with Joe going back to the restaurant, he's at risk for catching covid as well. All of these things take a toll. It's not natural to be physically separated from people you love for so long, especially someone like Gaga who's so close with her family, and how horrible it must be for Gaga that she can't visit her grandmother who has cancer. 

Yeah, I know many of us are in similar boats and still have to do our jobs. But realistically,  we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, and at the end of the day, it's her career not ours. If Interscope thinks she's not doing her job, they'll tell her. If Bobby thinks she needs to do more, let him handle it. We have the album that we can listen to whenever. I'd love some live performances, but I trust we'll get them eventually. If the album falls off the charts in the meantime, it's her problem, not ours. Additionally, as I have said many times before when this topic comes up, cases in Los Angeles county are rising, not falling. She might not be comfortable letting people into her home to set up things for a performance that she deems worthy of promoting the album, let alone going to a studio to film something. Just because people are behaving like there's no longer a pandemic doesn't mean it's gone away. It hasn't. 

Anyway, these aren't excuses, they're just explanations. And for all we know, she has been working hard on something that will be revealed soon. 

She/Her/Hers

KindHML
2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

she participated in a fundraiser like gaga

performed during the youtube graduation event

another covid event but for LGBT/pride

and posted about BLM just like gaga

What I meant was that she didn't organize it, not here to fight or have the last world at all. 

paradox
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah, I know many of us are in similar boats and still have to do our jobs. But realistically,  we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, and at the end of the day, it's her career not ours. If Interscope thinks she's not doing her job, they'll tell her. If Bobby thinks she needs to do more, let him handle it. We have the album that we can listen to whenever. I'd love some live performances, but I trust we'll get them eventually. If the album falls off the charts in the meantime, it's her problem, not ours. Additionally, as I have said many times before when this topic comes up, cases in Los Angeles county are rising, not falling. She might not be comfortable letting people into her home to set up things for a performance that she deems worthy of promoting the album, let alone going to a studio to film something. Just because people are behaving like there's no longer a pandemic doesn't mean it's gone away. It hasn't. 

nicely written, mature response :applause:

FentyGa
25 minutes ago, pugsnotdrugs said:

interscope obviously would never drop her. she's lady gaga lol

you start off saying her job IS JUST to drop an album, then you start listing other things she has to do. bye lol
promoting her album is most definitely included as part of her job, especially as a POPSTAR

lemme put it this way, the point of a job is to make money, right?

well, the point of promo (MVs, interviews, etc) is to facilitate the sales of music and merch, or whatever the person is trying to sell. that said, gaga’s selling without having to do any of that, therefore, she is doing her job. she doesn’t have to do promo, because she’s selling regardless. 

paradox
1 minute ago, FentyGa said:

lemme put it this way, the point of a job is to make money, right?

well, the point of promo (MVs, interviews, etc) is to facilitate the sales of music and merch, or whatever the person is trying to sell. that said, gaga’s selling without having to do any of that, therefore, she is doing her job. she doesn’t have to do promo, because she’s selling regardless. 

you tried to make your point work but it doesn't.

the point of a job isn't to make money, the point of a job is to get that job done :bear: which makes money
pop stars put out an album, and then proceed to discuss the album and promote it, whether its doing well already or not. that's just how it is
that aside, i've already made my points in this thread and i'm getting really bored of this topic. i don't understand the logic of making a million excuses for gaga acting like she doesn't have an album... i understand if there's a real reason, however saying because the album's doing well she doesn't have to even mention her album just doesn't sit right with me.

the end k.michelle GIF by VH1

Archived