Sign in to follow this  
society

BLM Protestors ran over on closed Highway

Werk
Posted (edited)

Taken from ATRL in which the user said there is a lack of media coverage:

Video NSFW (Taken from a distance)

Spoiler

https://m.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/2-women-hit-by-car-on-Seattle-highway-closed-amid-15385875.php

Spoiler

Dawit Kelete of Seattle drove the car around vehicles that were blocking Interstate 5 and sped into the crowd at about 1:40 a.m., according to a police report released by the Washington State Patrol. Video taken at the scene by protesters showed people shouting “Car! Car!” before fleeing the roadway.

Summer Taylor, 24, of Seattle, was in critical condition while Diaz Love, 32, of Portland, Oregon, was upgraded to serious condition in the intensive care unit, according to Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg.

Love was filming the protest in a nearly two-hour-long Facebook livestream captioned “Black Femme March takes I-5” when the video ended abruptly; with about 15 seconds left, shouts of “Car!” can be heard as the camera starts to shake before screeching tires and the sound of impact are heard.

A graphic video posted on social media showed the white Jaguar racing toward a group of protesters who are standing behind several parked cars, set up for protection. The car swerves around the other vehicles and slams into the two women, sending them flying into the air.

The driver, who was alone, fled the scene after hitting the protesters, Trooper Chase Van Cleave told The Associated Press. One of the protesters got in a car and chased the driver for about a mile. He was able to stop him by pulling his car in front of the Jaguar, Van Cleave said.

Troopers arrived and the driver was put in custody, Washington State Patrol Capt. Ron Mead said.

Kelete was booked into the King County Correctional Facility on Saturday morning on two counts of vehicular assault. Bail was denied. It was not immediately clear if Kelete had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Officials were trying to determine the motive as well as where he got onto the interstate, which had been closed by the state patrol for more than an hour before the women were hit. Mead said they suspect Kelete drove the wrong way on a ramp. Trooper Rick Johnson said the driver went through a barrier that closed the freeway before striking the women.

Troopers did not know whether it was a targeted attack, but impairment was not considered a factor, Mead said.

So are we still celebrating Fourth of July? :awkney:

Edited by Werk
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 7

Twitter
Posted (edited)

Unbelievable and hard to watch. 

EDIT: If I see one disrespectful or racist comment your name is going straight to the ignore list. :neyde: 

Edited by Twitter
American news and social networking service.
  • Like 7

blankpaper

The person who chased him down is a damn hero

Also according to the article, he went to WSU for 6 years and it sounds like he didn’t graduate....WSU is a redneck party school in the middle of a bunch of farmland, so it’s not surprising he’s anti-blm 

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 3

Gypsy Life

Only in the US would they riot for a month then still make 0 progress

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Chromatography
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Only in the US would they riot for a month then still make 0 progress

because the us is overwhelmingly white people who don’t want to give up their superiority over everyone else. and the sad thing is, you can’t change their minds. i’ve tried and no one listens. it’s a country full of ignorant people who honestly believe black people are beneath them and masks cause more harm than good. 

Edited by Chromatography
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2

Franch Toast

Oh my God! That's absolutely horrifying. I have nothing else to say. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 1

Daylight Jokers
Posted (edited)

I'm just disgusted these things are happening. 'land of the free' is a scam.

Edit: I do know my country has a fair share of ****ery. Our freedom of expression is being compromised for a bill that promises anti-terrorism, but in reality, it's really just there to silence the critics of our government (by arresting them even without warrant). But this thread is about the protests in America so I commented on that. :triggered:

Edited by Daylight Jokers
  • Like 1

OBEY

Are they OK? OMG. :'( 

Renie

This is so so disturbing!! :toofunny:

M Monstre

Let me guess...

These people are:

"pro-life," but also pro guns...

pro-"All Lives Matter," but don't wanna believe that Black Lives Matter...

Christian and are supposed to be "all loving," except when it interferes with their political beliefs...

patriotic, but don't want to admit the many, many faults that their own country has...

Absolutely disgusting. **** them. 

• Like 5

NFRockwell
Posted (edited)

The amount of ignorance really jumped out in this thread. Some of y’all trying so hard to get your social brownie points by virtue signaling but ending up looking like fools

Edited by NFRockwell
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

lestyoufall
23 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

The person who chased him down is a damn hero

Also according to the article, he went to WSU for 6 years and it sounds like he didn’t graduate....WSU is a redneck party school in the middle of a bunch of farmland, so it’s not surprising he’s anti-blm 

You realize the guy himself is black, right? Or are you gonna double down on your little “white people are horrible!” argument?

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

The driver was black :triggered: @Chromatography

did you read the exchange?

someone said that protests have accomplished nothing, and i agreed and gave my opinion as to why. i didn’t comment on the driver or their race. try again.