Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Jewels N' Drugs is so hated?

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

nathantj594

I love it too! High as hell trying to have some ****ing fun? Good *** in the passenger seat? Maybe it’s just cause Too $hort’s verse is perfect but I love the whole song. Whoever transcribed the lyrics on Amazon Music needs fired though  

Plus we have the iconic “They wouldn’t let him into the country, the poor thing” line! 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nathantj594
24 minutes ago, Lord Axel said:

I actually think Gaga's parts are not that bad, and T.I. and Twista's verses are alright, but Too $hort's verse is GARBAGE and DJWS's production is just not exciting or clean in the slightest, it's just a mess of random sounds with no consistency, it somehow sounded way better on the Swinefest version

Honestly I think Gaga let DJWS do whatever he wanted with the instrumental so he just went nuts with his trap style and it overpowered the rest of the song; it really just hurts to listen to lol

It may be one of Gaga's most experimental songs but I definitely think it did not work out well at all :huntyga:

You are delusional!!! 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

The Z
23 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

For me it’s not terrible but i didn’t feel like it fit on ARTPOP :shrug:

I mean, 

DIC has nothing to do on Joanne

Yoü And I has nothing to do on BTW

Yet most of us love them

+ it's not like ARTPOP had a distinctive sound, (imo) no song is out of place because unlike Chromatica the album is not monotonous at all (no shade to any of the two albums) 

alsemanche

Because it's a horrible song

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Twitter
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

It also feels like an Interscope note to me. We know they were kinda worried about the direction of the album after first hearing what she was doing and I feel like they wanted her to add some elements that were popular at the time -- same way there were bugging her about including a ballad

The direction? With or without JnD the album still would’ve been fine. Remember the initial tracklist was gonna have TEA, Temple, Nothing On, Brooklyn Nights, DWUW (solo), etc.

Mirrion Rizzons

I like the song. I think lots of gays are just closed minded when it comes to rap songs.

However, as a fan of rap, this song isn't anything special in that regard. Twista's verse is the best part of the song 

MiQuenDroid
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

It’s the only Gaga album that has the most skips for me. Plus I get tired of arguing with fan’s bad taste with this album. 

Honestly, I skip Donatella, Fashion! and Dope. It's a bad album for Gaga, but not generally. It could be better with the Act II.

All I ever wanted was love...

MiQuenDroid
3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I mean, 

DIC has nothing to do on Joanne

Yoü And I has nothing to do on BTW

Yet most of us love them

+ it's not like ARTPOP had a distinctive sound, (imo) no song is out of place because unlike Chromatica the album is not monotonous at all (no shade to any of the two albums) 

And Stupid Love has nothing to do on Chromatica...

All I ever wanted was love...

The Z
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

The direction? With or without JnD the album still would’ve been fine. Remember the initial tracklist was gonna have TEA, Temple, Nothing On, Brooklyn Nights, DWUW (solo), etc.

Probably too EDM for them honnestly since it was fading away as a trend

They literally wanted Robin Chicke (is that his name?) on SD 

The Z
1 minute ago, MiQuenDroid said:

And Stupid Love has nothing to do on Chromatica...

Also! 

LaLa
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Oh I agree, I looove ARTPOP but I think Interscope was worried it wasn't commercial enough. I mean we know they fought about it. J&D feels like something they wanted imo

GregJA
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Probably too EDM for them honnestly since it was fading away as a trend

They literally wanted Robin Chicke (is that his name?) on SD 

Thicke :sharon:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Twitter
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Because it's a horrible song

Why do y’all keep saying it’s a bad song without an explanation? Clearly @MiQuenDroid is asking to explain...

I personally think Venus, 911, and Donatella are bad songs and can give a full analysis to why they’re bad. :trollga:

14 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Donatella is literally the worst song on ARTPOP:ohwell:

tenor.gif?itemid=14598109

Twitter
5 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I like the song. I think lots of gays are just closed minded when it comes to rap songs.

However, as a fan of rap, this song isn't anything special in that regard. Twista's verse is the best part of the song 

Correction: Gays are closed minded to any genre that’s not EDM/House influenced.

I do agree Twista has the best verse.

Archived