⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
society

Toronto Makes Masks Mandatory

FATCAT

Good, maybe it will keep Canada on the right track. Sadly in the US, not wearing a mask is some bullsh*t political statement :triggered:

chilly waffle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

OBEY

Quebec just made them mandatory on public transports for now. they should do it for businesses too. malls etc.

DeanWinchester

Should have been done weeks ago. I still see too many people without masks out in public in close proximity with each other.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves
  • Like 3

Economy
5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Good, maybe it will keep Canada on the right track. Sadly in the US, not wearing a mask is some bullsh*t political statement :triggered:

I mean, many ppl here don't wanna use them as well

And I don't know of many other cities that have made it mandatory and I don't think any Provinces as a whole have either :enigma:

I'm sure perhaps a few other cities have done it but overall in most parts of Canada it's also not mandatory and many ppl don't use them

I live in a city of 630,000 only 30 minutes drive from Toronto and half of people don't wear them and most businesses don't demand them either

Although a few specific types of businesses that involve close contact it's mandatory by Provincial law such as hair dressers that just re-opened. Those customers must have masks

nickkoko

Good, more people need to take it seriously. Too many people not wearing one in the grocery stores I've gone to in TO.

• Like 1

Economy
2 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Quebec just made them mandatory on public transports for now. they should do it for businesses too. malls etc.

Yeah in public transport it's been a requirement here for some time now. At least in Toronto. I don't even know about my city tbh

Sanju

yeah this is good. I just hope they make sure they enforce it.

Its gotten pretty careless in my neighborhood. The moment they lifted that initial quarantine rules it was like back to normalcy all of a sudden. :fail: 

LaLa

Jealous! They are still working on it in Kitchener. I was at the grocery store today and it was sooo busy (day before Canada Day, understandable) but only like half the people were wearing masks, made me very grouchy :fthis:

DeanWinchester
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah in public transport it's been a requirement here for some time now. At least in Toronto. I don't even know about my city tbh

Actually, the TTC has not yet made it mandatory. It starts July 2. And they have no way of enforcing it on passengers. It's completely ridiculous.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves
  • Thanks 1

calmar
30 minutes ago, Economy said:

Toronto just passed a bi-law

:enigma: 

71dGhRbyujL._AC_SS350_.jpg

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Economy
7 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Actually, the TTC has not yet made it mandatory. It starts July 2. And they have no way of enforcing it on passengers. It's completely ridiculous.

Oh yeah true that. It was passed but the effective date didn't start yet

I forgot the law didn't take effect immediately

DeanWinchester
Just now, Economy said:

I forgot the law didn't take effect immediately

The bylaw will take effect on July 7

LMAO THIS IS ALREADY TOO LATE. Taking into consideration the people that flocked the beaches, we are screwed. I fully expect a rise in cases the following weeks.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Economy
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

The bylaw will take effect on July 7

LMAO THIS IS ALREADY TOO LATE. Taking into consideration the people that flocked the beaches, we are screwed. I fully expect a rise in cases the following weeks.

I mean beaches is probably not the worst tho considering ppl don't like being right next to eachother and the virus doesn't spread outside as easily as indoors

The real big issue is gonna be bars, restaurants, and eventually clubs when they Re-Open. Those are the big dangers

I'm not saying it's ideal for people to flock to beaches I'm just saying if we get another big wave I don't think the biggest cause will be beaches

Edited by Economy