Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would you like Arca and Gaga to work together?

Butters Stotch

Featured Posts

audrey horne
Just now, pop ate my heart said:

Not exactly an optimist, it's just facts :laughga: we just don't know what direction she'll take after this, she's super unpredictable so there's no real reason to discard this collab

I didn't discard it. I don't think Gaga will work on something experimental enough to ask for Arca's talents when even on a dance-pop/house inspired album, SOPHIE didn't make the cut. Let's just say that I keep my expectations low from now on. Of course the utopian idea of them collabing makes me wet already.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart
14 minutes ago, GGVS said:

This would be another level. I don't see it happening, though, I don't think Björk would like Gaga's style, honestly. And I don't think Gaga would go in such an experimental direction. I would love to see it, though.

Yeah, me neither. (HUGE Björk stan here) Björk was once asked what she thought of Gaga in an interview back in 2010/11  and she said she wished her music was as original, interesting and innovative as her fashion and imagery (or something to that effect). Like her music is basic when her fashion isn't. I get where she's coming from but I don't agree at all. Like, Gaga is literally, mostly back then, a pop music and pop culture EXPERIMENT in and of itself. She injected high art in pop culture in an insanely creative way

The same w Grace Jones' views of her, I don't think they get her artistry or even care enough to do so lol, which is unfortunate. At least Björk wasn't rude about it tho...

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Butters Stotch
20 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

Yeah, me neither. (HUGE Björk stan here) Björk was once asked what she thought of Gaga in an interview back in 2010/11  and she said she wished her music was as original, interesting and innovative as her fashion and imagery (or something to that effect). Like her music is basic when her fashion isn't. I get where she's coming from but I don't agree at all. Like, Gaga is literally, mostly back then, a pop music and pop culture EXPERIMENT in and of itself. She injected high art in pop culture in an insanely creative way

The same w Grace Jones' views of her, I don't think they get her artistry or even care enough to do so lol, which is unfortunate. At least Björk wasn't rude about it tho...

I completely agree with you. I remember reading about what Björk said about Gaga, and I do get her point because I think Gaga has potential to make experimental music, but her artistry is all about pop culture, so she's probably never gonna go as far as Björk on an experimental path.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Archived