💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce dragged for doing blackface, using Africa as a gimmick.

GiovanniDean

Featured Posts

Warning
3 hours ago, Sorceress said:

Even though she's technically Black, she's a privileged woman capitalizing on African native imagery as an aesthetic for commercial purposes.

She deserves the dragging.

Exactly!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

Someone with the range must unpack how our beloved queen Beyoncé is reducing blackness and Africanness to aesthetics and the western imaginations of our existence. They must also speak about how it’s now profitable to do such gimmicks. Enough with the symbolism, Equality now

You can't deny this is true.

Head Empty

The world: "We have to educate ourselves and allow for more black representation in society and entertainment!"

Beyonce, a black woman: "Here's my newest project exploring and representing several aspects of African (American) culture and history"

Also the world: "OMG she's abusing black culture and should stick to non-racial content!"

Taide

I'm not black nor African so I really can't have a say in this topic, like 99% from this cult site.

gagaschickens
11 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

No

No

No

EbnIVnyXQAAQxKS?format=jpg&name=large

Idc

No

No

No

Hold on is that really her? :omg:

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Wolf Boy
4 minutes ago, Taide said:

I'm not black nor African so I really can't have a say in this topic, like 99% from this cult site.

Literally white people in here telling a black woman what kind of black she needs to be. It’s bizarre. 

Chris Thomason
4 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

yall need to fracking need to stop with the hatred of Beyoncé already, jesus christ the lady is a black woman

Just because she is a black woman it does not mean she is immune from criticism

Lextyr97

So I’m not black obviously so my opinion really doesn’t matter but I’m gonna put in my two cents anyway. 

I did ALWAYS find it weird that it seems like Beyoncé started representing black people/African culture at a very calculated time (Lemonade/Formation). I thought she was appropriating for profit but a stink was never made about it, so obviously I dropped the notion because it shouldn’t matter to me anyway. But now I hear she hasn’t even been to Africa... idk just seems so weird to me

mezzanine
36 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Literally white people in here telling a black woman what kind of black she needs to be. It’s bizarre. 

the quoted tweets are literally black people talking about why is it wrong and black africans (not african americans) explaining how tired they are (and why) of african exploitation without even knowing which tribe of the thousands existing in the COUNTRIES that form africa (not africa as a whole uniform thing that you can monetize) they are referring to. 

I think that this thread is very useful because regardless of the color of the skin, we all can see how african people feel about their representation in US american and european media and learn from it to change.

I'm not gonna talk about blackface or not because I don't have a say on it, but I think that no one needs to be really smart to see how Beyoncé has jumped on this wagon right after the BLM movement became mainstream, just like LGBT (more like gay) pride and the companies using our flag. When I see formation, etc., I totally understand what these folks say: it's onedimensional, there's no deepness, just visuals and 3 phrases that are viral tweets and sound cool and woke.

There's been many articles and polemics where we've been reading on how she handles, and how she's marketed, regarding public image and career wise, starting from that leaked video at the elevator where her sister has a fight with jay-z, allegedly because of him f*cking with another woman, and she's just right next to them quiet and not moving a single part of her body, it's spooky, and then they've even exploited that publicly and toured together, all seeming for the image of the perfect marriage that goes through, where they're both artists, and now black people representatives, which of course they are, but it just doesn't feel political; as black africans are pointing, it looks like appropriation since it's not something educational or that explains a culture, they're (black african people) pointing that they're mixing totally unrelated things from different tribes, not related either, for the visuals and fetishization of Africa, but because it is Beyoncé, she will get a pass, and I understand it because she's the only big star that is black and that they have, and even with this, she's the only big representation on the mainstream and people need her, but that doesn't stop anybody from being critic and thinking deeper about everything, it's always a good exercise, and what we think is not the point, it is how african people feel about this, and if beyoncé really cares about any of this, or she's just making it cute for some videos until there's a next movement exploitable, by her or by any white artist.

thet1234

What's the point? It seems a shallow attempt for clout. Using Beyonce and darkening her skin. Really...

um chile

11 hours ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t think she’s going out of her way to make it not available in africa, but she’s not going out of her way to make it available there either. that’s the point. i’m not from africa, but it appears people on twitter from there would find it important to have it available to them, and those are the opinions that matter...

She's never been to Africa... I could never see myself talk about my country in North Africa where I'm from, if Ive never been there, and never talked to my people, never seen my country, never been amongst people that I talk about in my songs, she seems to be marketing all of that to me. Africa is big, it's diverse, each country has its own culture, own food, own people with different language. She doesn't seem to know where to go with 'images' about 'Africa'. But where in Africa? What are you actually going to talk about, because South Africa, and Senegal are two different things. Makes me roll my eyes that african americans think Africa is one country of its own

Gimme More

Not Beyonce fans trying to defend her saying it was 'years ago' :lmao:

She would have known this was wrong, there really is nothing to defend.

At least she is now being exposed as the opportunist she is :billie:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Varys

why are all these people saying she has never been to africa when thats obviously not true. 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Varys

Not @Gimme More liking all the she has never performed in africa (while she has in Nigeria ethiopia egypt south africa) and she thinks that all africa is the same comments while YOUR fave said she doesnt want to go to Japan because she heard fish is popular in africa :toofunny:

and you saying she deserves to be cannceled wth is this if you are white and not from africa you have no say in this. Period

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Archived