3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I like the mohawk tbh :bradley:

Omg, it is actually really cute :bradley: 

But hey gamers in 80/90s looked nice :lolly:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CautiousLurker said:

and having spent some time looking through tweets about the game, it becomes very clear A LOT of people took issue with some characters being LGBT in the game... like, A LOT

Is this about the female character Abby or something who has the body of a man and it apparently bothers men??? :awkney: As if every female character had to look pleasing to the eye or 'sexy' for the male gaze. I'm glad they did that character, perhaps a trans character too 

CautiousLurker
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Is this about the female character Abby or something who has the body of a man and it apparently bothers men??? :awkney: As if every female character had to look pleasing to the eye or 'sexy' for the male gaze. I'm glad they did that character, perhaps a trans character too 

That's part of the backlash, yes... also Ellie being overtly lesbian and there's a character who's trans... Also Abby's muscular, she doesn't have a body of a man by any means - like, hers is a petty accurate depiction of what a natural female bodybuilder's physique looks like :vegas:

StuckInMyMind

My dad and I were waiting for this game for the longest time and I don’t know how I’d feel about playing it now that he’s gone

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

That's part of the backlash, yes... also Ellie being overtly lesbian and there's a character who's trans... Also Abby's muscular, she doesn't have a body of a man by any means - like, hers is a petty accurate depiction of what a natural female bodybuilder's physique looks like :vegas:

But she looked exactly like her body model!

MJ_20171130_Colleen+Fotsch+(23+of+53).jp

Look at her! She looks so good :bradley:

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

My dad and I were waiting for this game for the longest time and I don’t know how I’d feel about playing it now that he’s gone

Yeah, that scene was brutal and I actually cried :bradley: But I think it was such a powerful move from creators nevertheless 

8 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Oh okay i thought she was the trans character. But yes many women who take steroids and workout intensely have that body. And it might not be attractive for straight men, and that's good. I'm glad they changed it up. Not every woman has to be attractive, let some look different than the beauty norms and even UGLY! Id love a main character who's a woman and who's ugly by "beauty standards" of course, meaning a crooked nose, non feminine body etc... There needs to be more representation of all kinds of women, I think Orange is the new black depicted all kinds of women pretty well

Morphine Prince

One of my friends worked on this game, so glad he could be part of this!

Love that it’s so successful. Just got to the Abby section and it has been remarkable so far. And metal gear solid did the same thing with Raiden and people regard that game as a masterpiece.

The homophobic bro’s of the world can’t handle playing female characters with depth. It’s like they close their eyes and ears and throw a tantrum. I’ve played games my whole life and have had to play white heterosexuals almost exclusively..  so frustrating to see a backlash for a game pushing for something new.

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, Comet said:

had to play white heterosexuals almost exclusively

Say it louder for people in a back :awkney:

Because I literally heard people saying - omg, this game is for us, why so many lgbt+ characters are in it, why can't creators do something for us - I have no words :neyde:

RahrahWitch

The fact that Characters being gay still causes such outrage is exactly why it's needed. The world has been predominantly and will most likely always be prominently straight in media and entertainment, Thankfully big companies are starting to show that gay people actually exist.

I'm not that familiar with the game just from reading about it but I'm so happy to see it's done so well.

The gaming community in general can be very anti LGBT sometimes so I love that such a big game and company are choosing to go this route with their characters and story.

weed

Gaga should collab with Apex Legends :hor: the better Fortnite. The most popular/chosen character is this short white girl named Wraith, perfect to get a skin of one of Gaga's iconic looks :vegas:

50 minutes ago, weed said:

Gaga should collab with Apex Legends :hor: the better Fortnite. The most popular/chosen character is this short white girl named Wraith, perfect to get a skin of one of Gaga's iconic looks :vegas:

I’m still holding out for cyberpunk 2077 gaga. 

Chromatography
3 hours ago, CyanLights said:

I dont have a PS4 so I haven't had time to watch the play throughs online, but what is so controversial? I've read that there are LGBT+ characters but what has people getting all pissy?  

it’s controversial because SPOILER AHEAD

they beat joel to death with a golf club and spit on him, beat ellie to death because joel killed the dad of the girl. however in the first game the doctor threatens him with a gun, but in the second one they redact that scene and instead make the doctor look wholly innocent. have fun playing this train wreck i guess 

HausOfAntonio
3 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

'I hate political agenda being shoved down my throat'

tenor.gif?itemid=14104196

Imagine being fed hetero bullshit 24/7 since birth :bradley:

Archived