Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
musician

Michael Jackson

PartySick

Featured Posts

Werewoof
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

One of my favorites :legend:

So much pain and anger came through in it.

Yes! Blood on the Dance Floor is so angry, even in comparison to HIStory as a whole. Threatened is another one where it is so daunting compared to other songs. Breath taking 

• Like 1

PartySick
Just now, Max the Lagomorph said:

Yes! Blood on the Dance Floor is so angry, even in comparison to HIStory as a whole. Threatened is another one where it is so daunting compared to other songs. Breath taking 

The guy was rightfully pissed after decades of bullsh*t :rockstar:

Made for some great music when he finally started telling people to suck it :rockstar:

Even some of his "heal the world" anthems turned angry. He went from "we have to love each other" in songs like We Are the World, Man in the Mirror, and Heal the World to "WHAT THE F*CK, PEOPLE?! COME ON!" in They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song, Shout, We've Had Enough, etc.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Werewoof
Just now, PartySick said:

The guy was rightfully pissed after decades of bullsh*t :rockstar:

Made for some great music when he finally started telling people to suck it :rockstar:

Even some of his "heal the world" anthems turned angry. He went from "we have to love each other" in songs like We Are the World, Man in the Mirror, and Heal the World to "WHAT THE F*CK, PEOPLE?! COME ON!" in They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song, Shout, We've Had Enough, etc.

Honestly though, while I don’t want Michael to ever be in turmoil, his angry songs are incredible. He packs a lot of emotion into his voice. 
also, just to talk about Threatened a bit further, it’s so goddamn haunting that, if we don’t count This Is It, One More Chance, Michael, and Xscape, Threatened is the final song in his discography. It gives me chills. 

• YAAAS 1

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Honestly though, while I don’t want Michael to ever be in turmoil, his angry songs are incredible. He packs a lot of emotion into his voice. 
also, just to talk about Threatened a bit further, it’s so goddamn haunting that, if we don’t count This Is It, One More Chance, Michael, and Xscape, Threatened is the final song in his discography. It gives me chills. 

"What you've just witness could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare...it isn't...it's the beginning"

Oh to have him put out a follow up to that :giveup:

I directly blame Bashir and the Arvizos :giveup:

• Thanks 1

Werewoof
Just now, PartySick said:

"What you've just witness could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare...it isn't...it's the beginning"

Oh to have him put out a follow up to that :giveup:

I directly blame Bashir and the Arvizos :giveup:

God that would be amazing.. I would have loved to have heard an invincible sequel in general :giveup: 

Michael deserved better people in his life, even if he was sometimes drawn to people who took advantage… 

• Love 1

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

God that would be amazing.. I would have loved to have heard an invincible sequel in general :giveup: 

Michael deserved better people in his life, even if he was sometimes drawn to people who took advantage… 

I would have loved to see something come out of the writing sessions he had with Brad Buxer in 2004. Imagine an album built around songs like I Am A Loser and Days In Gloucestershire :fatcat:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Werewoof
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I would have loved to see something come out of the writing sessions he had with Brad Buxer in 2004. Imagine an album built around songs like I Am A Loser and Days In Gloucestershire :fatcat:

That would be awesome!! I sometimes wonder what would happen if Michael had full creative control over an entire album and theme. I know he had a lot of say, but I know there was usually someone who kind of kept his feet on the ground.. 

Ever think he’d continue to get experimental? 

Cello
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Days In Gloucestershire

I've never heard of this one. I live like an hour outside of Gloucestershire, that's so weird he wrote a song about there, out of all places :laughga:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

PartySick
1 minute ago, Cello said:

I've never heard of this one. I live like an hour outside of Gloucestershire, that's so weird he wrote a song about there, out of all places :laughga:

I think the inspiration behind it was when he was touring with his brothers, Gloucestershire was a really good stop and one of the happiest times of his life.

It's another gibberish demo though and I don't think he even pronounces the name right :ladyhaha: but still really cute :flutter:

PartySick
7 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

That would be awesome!! I sometimes wonder what would happen if Michael had full creative control over an entire album and theme. I know he had a lot of say, but I know there was usually someone who kind of kept his feet on the ground.. 

Ever think he’d continue to get experimental? 

I think he wanted to lean into more urban sounds around the 2000s. He was listening to a lot of artists like 50 Cent, Rick Ross, R Kelly, and trying to infuse that sound into Invincible and other projects at the time.

But he always had meddlers. I think the rumor was he wanted We've Had Enough on Invincible but the label wouldn't let him :smh:

• Like 1

Cruelty
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I think the inspiration behind it was when he was touring with his brothers, Gloucestershire was a really good stop and one of the happiest times of his life.

It's another gibberish demo though and I don't think he even pronounces the name right :ladyhaha: but still really cute :flutter:

Listen, I love Michael Jackson so much, but sometimes I'm not too keen on Michael Jackson fans, if you get what I mean... and the pinnacle of this is when they insist that he's deliberately mispronouncing Gloucestershire for artistic effect :ladyhaha: Like, I get it, it's a difficult name, but...

Anyway, it's one of the nicer post-Invincible demos.

PartySick
1 minute ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Listen, I love Michael Jackson so much, but sometimes I'm not too keen on Michael Jackson fans, if you get what I mean... and the pinnacle of this is when they insist that he's deliberately mispronouncing Gloucestershire for artistic effect :ladyhaha: Like, I get it, it's a difficult name, but...

Anyway, it's one of the nicer post-Invincible demos.

I just heard he pronounced it wrong, idk why :laughga:

@Cello someone put the story behind that demo and I Am A Loser in the comments under that video :tony:

Werewoof
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I think he wanted to lean into more urban sounds around the 2000s. He was listening to a lot of artists like 50 Cent, Rick Ross, R Kelly, and trying to infuse that sound into Invincible and other projects at the time.

But he always had meddlers. I think the rumor was he wanted We've Had Enough on Invincible but the label wouldn't let him :smh:

Oh my gosh that would have been cool to hear him return to a full on early 2000s r&b sound. Imagine his voice on something like Burn by Usher, holy HELL :giveup:

Also, I read somewhere that Michael and the label also really butted heads on the Lost Children. 

• YAAAS 1

Cruelty
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

My sister always swore he was singing about Debbie Rowe in some songs :poot:

Like "I got to work, Debbie" in Morphine. There's a few others but I can't think of them atm :bear:

It's just his stylized way of saying "baby" though :laughga:

This is completely irrelevant but you mentioned Morphine and I just- HOW is this not universally regarded as one of his best? Production is killer, the lyrics are nonsense but they're stylish nonsense, like this man is talking about bitches and throwing shade and I didn't even realise those terms existed in '97. Add on that truly transcendental orchestral B-section... :pray:

Superfly Sister aside, Blood on the Dance Floor is an amazing body of work. Recently I relistened to all of his solo songs from Off to Wall to Invincible and made a ranking of all of them in order, and 'Is It Scary' made it into the top 10 alongside some of his most popular singles. And the Tony Moran remix of 'History'... :nooo::nooo::nooo:

• YAAAS 2

Werewoof
3 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Listen, I love Michael Jackson so much, but sometimes I'm not too keen on Michael Jackson fans, if you get what I mean...

This is fair. I think a lot of fandoms can be like that, honestly. Especially when you’re as huge as MJ was. The larger the cast of the net, the more diversity in the personalities, for better or for worse.

I know you know that, though! I’m just agreeing in my own way 

• Like 1