💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Michael Jackson

PartySick

Featured Posts

Cello
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I think the inspiration behind it was when he was touring with his brothers, Gloucestershire was a really good stop and one of the happiest times of his life.

It's another gibberish demo though and I don't think he even pronounces the name right :ladyhaha: but still really cute :flutter:

I had a quick listen, it's quite hard to hear properly but I think he's pronouncing the c like a hard c :messga: That's too cute lmao. I want to know which places he visited 

she/her | The Fame Monster stan ✝️
  • Love 1

Cruelty
Just now, Max the Lagomorph said:

This is fair. I think a lot of fandoms can be like that, honestly. Especially when you’re as huge as MJ was. The larger the cast of the net, the more diversity in the personalities, for better or for worse.

I know you know that, though! I’m just agreeing in my own way 

I think it's just little things that sometimes annoy me. Stuff as small as the insistence on referring to songs by initials (which can get hella confusing sometimes). I think sometimes MJ fans need to realise that of course Michael wasn't perfect, nobody is perfect, but it's entirely possibly to be critical about some aspects of Michael's career whilst regarding him as the finest musical artist to ever walk the earth.

But I think I'm just focusing on the little things. Michael Jackson inspires people to learn to dance, to take singing lessons, he redefined what musical performance could mean and changed the landscape of music and video. The MJ community has so much spirit and so much love for this man, that's what we need to focus on.

I remember getting the Dangerous Tour DVD for my ninth birthday and watching it in the evening. Later on we went to a fireworks display, but all I could think about was Michael popping up out of the Toaster at the beginning of that show... better than any firework display. What a spectacle. What a performer. What a legend. :giveup:

• Love 1

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Also, I read somewhere that Michael and the label also really butted heads on the Lost Children. 

I had never read that but I can imagine :rip: Prince's cute little "and all the lovely flowers :flutter:" at the end though >>>

5 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

This is completely irrelevant but you mentioned Morphine and I just- HOW is this not universally regarded as one of his best? Production is killer, the lyrics are nonsense but they're stylish nonsense, like this man is talking about bitches and throwing shade and I didn't even realise those terms existed in '97. Add on that truly transcendental orchestral B-section... :pray:

I KNOOOW :giveup:

They rehearsed it for the HIStory tour, it's a shame he never performed it :giveup: it would have fit great where Come Together / D.S. was tbh

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Love 2

PartySick
Just now, NeonSkeleton said:

I think it's just little things that sometimes annoy me. Stuff as small as the insistence on referring to songs by initials (which can get hella confusing sometimes). I think sometimes MJ fans need to realise that of course Michael wasn't perfect, nobody is perfect, but it's entirely possibly to be critical about some aspects of Michael's career whilst regarding him as the finest musical artist to ever walk the earth.

But I think I'm just focusing on the little things. Michael Jackson inspires people to learn to dance, to take singing lessons, he redefined what musical performance could mean and changed the landscape of music and video. The MJ community has so much spirit and so much love for this man, that's what we need to focus on.

I remember getting the Dangerous Tour DVD for my ninth birthday and watching it in the evening. Later on we went to a fireworks display, but all I could think about was Michael popping up out of the Toaster at the beginning of that show... better than any firework display. What a spectacle. What a performer. What a legend. :giveup:

The only MJ fans I really interact with are y'all :ph34r:

I tried the MJ Reddit and a couple forums but it's almost like they're all ready to fight over every little thing :messga:

I get wanting to defend MJ but damn :bear:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cello
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I tried the MJ Reddit and a couple forums but it's almost like they're all ready to fight over every little thing :messga:

For real, I looked everywhere for a good MJ forum but I have you guys now :vegas:

• YAAAS 1

Cruelty
Just now, PartySick said:

I'm glad we have this forum, like it's honestly the perfect place, I can talk about Michael and Gaga with wonderful people who understand how brilliant they both are :sara:

michael jackson GIF

• Love 3

PartySick
1 minute ago, Cello said:

For real, I looked everywhere for a good MJ forum but I have you guys now :vegas:

I wonder how many people we've converted if only for the memes :ladyhaha:

1 minute ago, NeonSkeleton said:

I'm glad we have this forum, like it's honestly the perfect place, I can talk about Michael and Gaga with wonderful people who understand how brilliant they both are :sara:

michael jackson GIF

Absolutely :whitney:

The best artists to ever live imo :whitney:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Werewolves Wanted
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The new MJ discord coming up??

matt anderson creep GIF

but yes, to everyone’s point, I think Michael having imperfections is what makes his strengths shine even brighter. I think it’s good to be open minded to artist critiques as long as it’s not in a hostile, toxic way. This lil community in here is awesome ❤️

• Like 2

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

The new MJ discord coming up??

matt anderson creep GIF

but yes, to everyone’s point, I think Michael having imperfections is what makes his strengths shine even brighter. I think it’s good to be open minded to artist critiques as long as it’s not in a hostile, toxic way. This lil community in here is awesome ❤️

After being on 3 different GGD Discords, I feel like I never want to join another Discord again :bear:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

PartySick

Random but maybe y'all will know where I can find the multilingual version of People of the World? I have the English version but I can't find the one where the chorus changes languages for every line :giveup:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Werewolves Wanted
Just now, PartySick said:

After being on 3 different GGD Discords, I feel like I never want to join another Discord again :bear:

I run (ran? We’re having trouble) a Kesha discord, we have a blast. But considering you probably get your fair share of moderation drama on here, I’d imagine you’re good with avoiding more :vegas:

Cruelty

Okay I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in the past 26 pages, but it's worth saying that this might just be the single best piece of music I've ever heard and I can't recommend enough that you take the time to listen to it (but be quick because Sony are deleting all uploads of this mix! :messga:):

I mean seriously this gives me chills.

Edited by NeonSkeleton
  • Love 3

PartySick
8 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Okay I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in the past 26 pages, but it's worth saying that this might just be the single best piece of music I've ever heard and I can't recommend enough that you take the time to listen to it (but be quick because Sony are deleting all uploads of this mix! :messga:):

You can find their mixes here :sis: in the downloads section. I think this one is available there too.

https://shopmichaeljackson.uk/swg.html

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • YAAAS 1

Cello

random but is there a recording anywhere of Mike covering Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles?

Cello
18 hours ago, NeonSkeleton said:

thanks for sharing :heart: 

who's cutting onions in here? :fatcat: