💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Tweets: Change in the industry begins now

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk
56 minutes ago, Autumn said:

if we want to break down racial barriers, we need to stop using terms like 'black' and 'white' and use more terms like 'everyone' and 'together'.

Are you saying All Lives Matter? :billie:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, shame said:

"music" in this context is obviously referring to commercialized music that was cultivated in capitalist western countries. when we think of music in the 21st century, we think of music that drives global industries, earns profit and garners mass and niche appeal. we're not discussing cultural music of different religions or histories because it's irrelevant to the issue of musical appropriation within a culture that under-appreciates contributions by black musicians and artists

They know that. Some are just so anti-black they had to come and proclaim their culture was free of black influence because they felt attacked by a statement from a western artist about an issue concentrated on a western industry. 

Thomas P

Country, Jazz, Rock N’ Roll, blues, R&B, Rap, Hip-Hop, Soul, Pop, etc. originated from black artists. None of these genres would exist if it weren’t for the instruments and styles of the original African people brought over by the slave trade, and the evolution of all of these genres started with black artists as well. 

All music is black music is a statement that is nothing but absolutely true. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PunkTheFunk
21 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

This whole thread being like "but what about other kinds of music" is some All Lives Matter kinda bs. Sit down.

B-b-b-ut what about polka music? 

ECEVQHAARHE7XJUCQBXZ7N4VYM.jpg

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

B-b-b-ut what about polka music? 

ECEVQHAARHE7XJUCQBXZ7N4VYM.jpg

I found the evidence for Gaga being wrong!

"German archaeologists have found mammoth bone and swan bone flutes dating back to 30,000 to 37,000 years old in the Swabian Alps. The flutes were made in the Upper Paleolithic age, and are more commonly accepted as being the oldest known musical instruments."

ALL MUSIC MATTERS

:billie: 

Just now, Franz Ferdinand said:

Listen I hear your point, yes it would have been cool to see more than just the image, but I also gotta ask, why is it that its easier/quicker to point out "well but Beethoven wasn't black" (tho he might have been lmao) rather than google what the BMA coalition is (whom she tagged in her post)?

What about "All Music is Black Music" triggers that level of instant critique? Y'all might wanna check that. 

Because that's what's most people are gonna do. Look at the picture and nothing more (sadly). The reason she shared the picture was to share some knowledge with people who don't want to open the link and educate themselves more. That's why I think the pic should be 100 % correct even without context of the link. 

I just thought that it could have been worded much more clearly. That's all

shame
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They know that. Some are just so anti-black they had to come and proclaim their culture was free of black influence because they felt attacked by a statement from a western artist about an issue concentrated on a western industry. 

ahh good old latent racism disguised as blatant ignorance. 

F82A9FDA-ACC1-4BF2-B068-D2E6B32A01CF.jpe

angels forever, forever angels

8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

nobody said that tho. 

I really tried to have a civil convo with yall but I guess you just want to label everyone as racist and post clown images. Enjoy then, clowns

I hope on her next record she collabs with more Black producers, songwriters and artists. 

SpookyKid

Saying "Bananas are great" is false, because some bananas are rotten, thus making them, the whole rest of bananas, not great.

Spoiler

Some of you in this thread, istg :emma:  

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

ShtoopidLahv
1 hour ago, Cherry Blues said:

Every culture, nation or race created music which influenced other genres.

But yes Blues or Jazz came from black people and they even influenced American Country from Irish immigrants and of course they influenced American culture strongly.

Black people influenced much also POP - think of Michael Jackson. African culture was important for todays American culture. 

But also other nations brought their culture to US like Irish people for example.

That's why US is already and will be a very interesting culture in future - just needs time.

But Techno is Europe and Rock has also other roots and many other genres also : p 

I understand clearly how strongly black culture influenced US music...

Rock n Roll started in the US by black people like Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, etc. Techno started in Detroit in the 1980s by black people and house music in the 1980s in Chicago by black people. Europeans took over black electronic music from America and adopted their sounds. Don’t whitewash techno and rock. 

brucee
9 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Black people are the CREATORS of modern music. 

Jazz, Rock N’ Roll, blues, R&B, Rap, Hip-Hop, Soul, etc. just from black Americans. 

African elements have influenced music in Latin American countries. 

The Asian music market sometimes mimics American music (created by black people).

Black people are not given enough credit for their contributions to society. 

Music would be NOTHING without black creators and artists. PERIOD.

The hatred of rap and hip hop in certain prestigious music circles is inherently anti-blackness. 

thank you because it seemed that it was hard to get for some.... not to be catty but what she meant was clear. She not pretending ALL music in the world like classical music  and stuff at all *is black.

hello hello baby.

PartySick

A good rule of thumb is if you hear it on a major radio station in the US, it's influenced by black artists.

Sh*t, most R&B, pop, hip hop, etc artists active today can trace their roots to or through the black artist in my avi :enigma:

💚

Archived