Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Edge Of Glory

moonsago

Featured Posts

moonsago

Might be one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in my life if not the most. I don’t know what it is about that song but it indeed sounds so glorious and happy yet sad at the same time. I remember Gaga explaining the meaning behind it and I think about it every time I listen to it and it just gets me to tears. When that last chorus hits, its the most euphoric feeling ever, I wish I could literally blast that last chorus on a million speakers and just get lost in it. I really don’t know, I can’t praise this song enough, truly her best work comes when she’s not overthinking it, lets her emotions speak, draw from real life experiences and when she just lets GO... and also when she’s under time pressure and doesn’t keep revisiting stuff over and over again ( TFM ). But yeah, idk why I’m stating the obvious, I know TEOG is a fan favorite and we been knew this opinion is a general one but this song got me in my feelings ya’ll :messga:

Miel

I know I speak for a fairly popular opinion, but I truly believe it is one of her best songs, if not the best of her current catalogue.

It's absolutely enrapturing in almost all of its forms, which speaks volumes of how incredible it is as a bare-bones song (any of its acoustic interpretations), as well as a fully-formed pop piece (final version). Many of her songs are like this, but I think this one in particular showcases that strength the most.

Truly a glorious song.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel

Also, I really take into consideration its placement as the closer to an album that is as immense and broad as BTW. No small feat, but it does it, and it does it really, really well.

3 points in and ready for more

raragaga

Such a great song!!

And i know people hate on the video, but I love it. It's simplistic for a Gaga video, but the aesthetics and styling are beautiful! And she looks fantastic.

original.gif

xoxo

ferretti

Unquestionably her best song, if not the best song ever made.

This is still (and likely will always) be my fave performance of hers:

disco stick tester, inquire within

moonsago
54 minutes ago, raragaga said:

Such a great song!!

And i know people hate on the video, but I love it. It's simplistic for a Gaga video, but the aesthetics and styling are beautiful! And she looks fantastic.

original.gif

Omg sameeee I adore the video as it is, I think it’s beautiful that it’s just her performing the song. It didn’t need anything else in my opinion. It just creates an atmosphere to something already so perfect that needs no other distractions. 

Chromatica Island

The saxophone always sends me to Chromatica!:tony:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

nathantj594

It is her best. After hearing the story about when Gaga’s grandpa was dying, I love how the production recreates a heart monitor and then at the very end the literal “edge of glory” you get the flatline in the bass. Just speaks to how artistic music can really be. And how much of a musician Gaga is too. The production is amazing, the lyrics are amazing, the message is amazing, and it really made Born This Way so much more special than it already is.

I was getting ready to be graduating high school during the release and promo for the song, so it brings back a lot of positive memories for me. It’s when I met my lifelong friends, when I decided I wanted to go into music and when I started learning how to love and love myself. I still remember the day I got home from school and listened to it for the first time and sobbing like a baby. My favorite thing ever is the Google Chrome commercial. I remember being on this site and seeing the message to send in a video of you for it and dammit I should have! 

It’s my alarm clock song, so it wakes me up every single day. I will never get tired of it either. I don’t think she can ever outdo it. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Lord Temptation

It’s so Bruce Springsteen, yet so Donna Summer and Whitney Houston at the same time :firega:

Pure magic :kiss:

The album track is not one of my absolute favs. I have a cd in the car which is best of TF, TFM, BTW and ARTPOP, and while it is on that cd it wouldn't be in my top five. 

However, if you want to turn somebody who doesn't know what Gaga is into somebody who does know what Gaga is, the quickest way to do it is to direct them to youtube and tell them to watch her perform TEOG on the Howard Stern show.

I love the live performances on the JWT as well. The one in New York ....  good Lord !

JustJames

Anyone who ever says:
1) "Born This Way" is dated!
2) Who cares about promo?

...can be proven wrong with 3 words: Edge. Of. Glory. We are so lucky to have witnessed Gaga during a time where promo meant something. She gave us so many different and equally important deliveries of her recorded songs, with associated visuals and interviews to cement them into history. It takes a legend to have such iconic eras for her SINGLES!

The opening and closing tracks of BTW are so perfect, and she deserved an era that allowed her to tell the story in that order. MTN / EOG both had powerful, personal lyrics which was so new for Gaga; rather than writing about fame as a construct, she was telling HER story from the lowest point of her career > celebrating the legacy she'll have built by the end of it.

They were beautiful as rock/ pop/ dance hybrids AND as emotional semi-ballads/ anthems. They - and the album - deserved so much more. BTW was an amazing reaction to the criticism she had received for not progressing enough in her sound, and was so overwhelming in the best way. 

Archived