Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

x factor's misha b claims show pushed 'angry black girl narrative' on her

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

GiovanniDean
3 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

source

They are more of a reality show than a talent show.

That's how they build it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
Just now, Ally Campana said:

They do actually. Producers actually suggest the songs. Do you know the YouTuber Gabi? The one that use to impersonate Ariana? So anyway she once auditioned the X Factor as a group with her sisters and she made a video about it and said the song choice (Telephone :billie:) was actually done by the producers.

Gabbie Hanna? The monster girl? :selena:  did her audition make it onto TV? 

End Racism Now

Gimme More
22 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Stream The Female Boss for clear skin bye!!!:vegas:

SO MUCH TASTE :firega:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Ally Campana
5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Gabbie Hanna? The monster girl? :selena:  did her audition make it onto TV? 

No not the monster girl :selena:. This is the video.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Gimme More

Queen's Leigh-Anne and Perrie liking Tulisa's post! :legend:

They were contestants the same time as Misha, so they would definitely know what it was like! Love how supportive and close they still are with Tulisa!

Misha B is clearly looking for attention to try salvage her 'career'

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Dominic
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

I still don't think its done like that. They do scout people for the show, but they don't necessarily try to manipulate what gets sung. It's not just the song choice, her whole image and the way she presented herself came off as a P!nk tribute act. If she truly wanted to break away from that image, she could have styled her hair differently or worn something that didn't resemble P!nk. You have months and months to prepare for X Factor, so I don't think the producers set up her performance and the way it came out

It does work like that, plenty of contestants have said similar things. There was a girl recently who spoke out. She was told not to sing a certain song as it is boring and then they told Louisa to sing that same song. Its definitely done like that for entertainment purposes. Reality TV has always been producer driven for story purposes. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

OMonster

There was no racism here.

Misha was a very abrupt character and she was very unkind behind the scenes. 

Calling out a black person for bad behaviour isn't bullying. 

Is it racist to be critical of a black person? :shrug:

subtext / fantasy

OMonster
2 hours ago, Dominic said:

It does work like that, plenty of contestants have said similar things. There was a girl recently who spoke out. She was told not to sing a certain song as it is boring and then they told Louisa to sing that same song. Its definitely done like that for entertainment purposes. Reality TV has always been producer driven for story purposes. 

Sorry to double post, but this is 100% true. The producers control absolutely everything on these shows. And of course they do! It's naive for anyone to think that a show that generates 200M+ isn't micro-managed. Almost every story on TXF is intended - even down to who wins. These shows are / were machines of manipulation. And, tbh, it would be kind of genius if it wasn't for the unethical impact this has had / still has on so many contestants today.

subtext / fantasy

Dominic
13 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Sorry to double post, but this is 100% true. ! It's naive for anyone to think that a show that generates 200M+ isn't micro-managed. Almost every story on TXF is intended - even down to who wins. These shows are / were machines of manipulation. And, tbh, it would be kind of genius if it wasn't for the unethical impact this has had / still has on so many contestants today. 

Couldn't agree more, its standard practice. This is why i get annoyed when RuPaul moans "You said those things so you can't blame the edit" - Yeah, they were fed those lines by producers who try to carve a storyline. This is half the reason why drag race has declined in quality because the producers are relying more on manipulated drama rather than carving an actual character arch like in the earlier series. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

StuckInMyMind

Speaking from personal experience, 2 of my friends were X Factor contestants, 1 of them was in Alien Uncovered and the other was in Miss Dynamix. When Frank left Alien Uncovered, my friend and the other girls were made to keep quiet about the situation. With SeSe, she was heavily pregnant on the show and did let them know before they went to live shows but they made it look like she hadn’t told them

@xoxo Craig @OMonster

StrawberryBlond

I sympathise with Misha feeling like her chances were ruined but we'll truly never know if it was a planned takedown of her by the producers or genuine as it was 9 years ago and her word against everyone else's. If it affected her so much, why didn't she speak out at the time, when her name still held relevancy and she still had the chance of a career? It seems like she's hopping on a bandwagon to put her name out there. I've never been a fan of Tulisa but her account sounds really genuine here. Tulisa grew up with black people, was the only white girl in her friend group, dated black men, made a whole career off the culture of black music, picked black contestants to be her XF acts...so if the producers were truly racist and had passed on this lie to her, she may have just taken their word for it without question not realising the intention behind it. But considering that members of LM liked her tweet, that would suggest she's telling the truth and they would know if Misha really had bullied anyone or made any of them cry. You'd think anyone at the time would've come out in support of Misha if it really was all made up, especially as it would make them look really good right now. But whether it was true or not, Misha needs to realise that the year she auditioned was the year that the fortunes of XF acts started majorly changing. LM were the only contestants that year who went on to have a long-lasting successful career. James Arthur has been the only act since them that got anywhere either. The last 6 seasons have gone by with not one act getting any kind of success. With this track record, even without the bullying accusations, it would be highly doubtful that Misha would've had a career anyway. No one has been successful from that show for a long, long time so to act like untrue accusations were the only thing that stopped her from making it is really farfetched.

7 hours ago, BlackCrown said:

These shows have been relying on this kind of **** for years, building narratives and drama behind the scenes before the show, using contestants just to see the whole thing explode when they come in front of the judges...

It reminds me of Zoe Alexander, it was not about race at all but she was apparently manipulated by the production, telling her to sing a Pink song even if she wanted to do her own thing

Yeah, I always thought her bizarre outburst of anger was indicative of something more serious than delusion or an attitude problem. When she said "you made me sing a Pink song," she didn't mean the judges, she meant the producers that every act sees before they're put through to be on tv. She probably wanted to sing the Emeli song but they told her to just stick with a Pink song as it'll fit her image and promised her that the judges would love her. She likely got angry because she felt if she'd only been allowed to do what she planned originally, she might have performed better but as it was, she was rattled and nervous, so it affected her chances. She couldn't take the judges acting innocently about the whole thing when they probably know who she's referring to when she says "you" and you'll notice she lashed out at camera crew and props, she was angry at the whole production. But knew she was probably legally bound to not to say a word exposing the programme or she'd get sued. She knows she's been stitched up but might get sued if she dares tell anyone the real truth.

6 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I still don't think its done like that. They do scout people for the show, but they don't necessarily try to manipulate what gets sung. It's not just the song choice, her whole image and the way she presented herself came off as a P!nk tribute act. If she truly wanted to break away from that image, she could have styled her hair differently or worn something that didn't resemble P!nk. You have months and months to prepare for X Factor, so I don't think the producers set up her performance and the way it came out

The producers totally work out what the want from a contestant before they put them on tv. That's how they get all those backstories. They probably tell them to do a song that doesn't work for them the first time so the judges ask them to change it which is why the second song is always so much better and provides a "moment." They frequently tell bad contestants that they're good which is why they're going through to the next round (but what they really mean is, they'll make good tv). That why they get mad/sad/confused when the judges tell them they're bad because the producers have built them up as good until this point. Many a previous contestant has claimed this. Let's not even get started on how some are afforded more screentime than others so the viewers build up a relationship with certain people, making them vote for them.

BlackCrown
18 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When she said "you made me sing a Pink song," she didn't mean the judges, she meant the producers that every act sees before they're put through to be on tv.

they probably know who she's referring to when she says "you" and you'll notice she lashed out at camera crew and props, she was angry at the whole production. But knew she was probably legally bound to not to say a word exposing the programme or she'd get sued. 

^^^ This ! (and your whole answer) :tony:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

Archived