💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Justin Timberlake

Mills

How do you find the new album of Justin Timberlake?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. How do you find the new album of Justin Timberlake?

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mills

• Illuminati Freak

• JudasInTheDark

• BROSEIDON

gagaisitalian

Most songs were great, imo. Each album had fillers, but you just had to ignore them.

I'm seeing him for the first time in December and I've been a fan since the 90's!

The success of 20/20 Experience Vol.1 was mainly driven by hype (along with Mirror's success as a single). That's for sure. And I actually love the two volumes. They weren't that good, but they weren't that bad either. It just happened that the musical direction they opted to choose for these two releases, well at least the last one, isn't the type that will move more non-fans to actually buy, and not just listen to it on radio. 

Smooth Criminal

No one's stanning for Strawberry Bubblegum? I love that song, such a bop. :laughga: Even if it is like 10 minutes long.

I stan for it. And I mentioned it in an comment earlier.

Mirrors & SB were my only fav tracks from JT from this album.

Edited by Smooth Criminal

StrawberryBlond

Yes, his comeback should've been so much more. Front loaded sales and lack of hit material is a recipe for disaster. His concentration on America and lack of worldwide promotion also mean that the album and its singles, apart from Mirrors, dropped pretty hard outside the US. Even in the UK, which has always been one of Justin's biggest markets, Take Back The Night and TKO were certified failures, Part 2 peaked at #2 (his first album to miss the top spot) and got beaten by HAIM's debut, of all people and it fell out the top 100 on Sunday, despite it only being on sale for less than 2 months and it being so close to Christmas. This is really worrying. I don't understand why Part 2 did not get promoted. It's such a shame because I'm one of the few who prefers Part 2 to Part 1. Part 1 is so over-rated, rather boring and barely scrapes a passably grade in my book. Part 2 is dark, edgy and s-xy. As soon as I heard Part 1, I thought: "The under 21 market really isn't going to like this as it's nothing like what the youth of today want." Judging by Part 2's turn-out, it seemed I was right. Word has spread as to what type of music it is and it's sad to say that anything that isn't bubblegum pop, a club banger or an indie guitar strummer is struggling to get off the ground these days. This new style has rendered JT uncool and out of touch in the eyes of the young who didn't grow up with his music and this is a danger sign. This is partly why I'm concerned about the idea of Gaga potentially releasing a second volume of ARTPOP. I don't want it to turn out like her equivalent of 20/20 - a promising part 1 and a damp squib of a part 2.

Tommymonster44

To be honest... I've not heard any of his new album... Not even the singles... :fail:

You lucky soul.  They've been in power rotation for the better part of this past year here in America. 

Smooth Criminal

Yes, his comeback should've been so much more. Front loaded sales and lack of hit material is a recipe for disaster. His concentration on America and lack of worldwide promotion also mean that the album and its singles, apart from Mirrors, dropped pretty hard outside the US. Even in the UK, which has always been one of Justin's biggest markets, Take Back The Night and TKO were certified failures, Part 2 peaked at #2 (his first album to miss the top spot) and got beaten by HAIM's debut, of all people and it fell out the top 100 on Sunday, despite it only being on sale for less than 2 months and it being so close to Christmas. This is really worrying. I don't understand why Part 2 did not get promoted. It's such a shame because I'm one of the few who prefers Part 2 to Part 1. Part 1 is so over-rated, rather boring and barely scrapes a passably grade in my book. Part 2 is dark, edgy and s-xy. As soon as I heard Part 1, I thought: "The under 21 market really isn't going to like this as it's nothing like what the youth of today want." Judging by Part 2's turn-out, it seemed I was right. Word has spread as to what type of music it is and it's sad to say that anything that isn't bubblegum pop, a club banger or an indie guitar strummer is struggling to get off the ground these days. This new style has rendered JT uncool and out of touch in the eyes of the young who didn't grow up with his music and this is a danger sign. This is partly why I'm concerned about the idea of Gaga potentially releasing a second volume of ARTPOP. I don't want it to turn out like her equivalent of 20/20 - a promising part 1 and a damp squib of a part 2.

THIS!

HausOfMiklaus

I stan for it. And I mentioned it in an comment earlier.

Mirrors & SB were my only fav tracks from JT from this album.

Sorry boo, didn't see it. :runhug: MUTUAL STANNIN COMMENCE