💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TIDAL officially a suspect in data fraud investigation

IAmNotHere1997

Featured Posts

Luke78619

Wasn’t Jay-Z’s album also suspiciously high in tidal streams? I seem to remember something about 4:44 or whatever it’s called :oprah:

would not surprise me if the artists of the albums mentioned knew about the inflation, seems weird if they didn’t seeing as they’re very close to Jay-Z himself

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenDiamond
8 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

And I think that's the reason why Lemonade wasn't uploaded to Spotify for 3 whole years, so people couldn't compare the data and realise how fake those TIDAL numbers were.

do u know her lemonade numbers on spotyfy as of now?

StrawberryBlond

I'm shocked at the extent of this. I had no idea about the stats for TLOP. Due to it being a Tidal exclusive initially, it gained 500k illegal downloads in the first 24 hours of release making it the most illegally downloaded album of all time This gives you a hint as to what the public think of albums being exclusive to one (payment-based) streaming service especially one with such a low numbers of subscribers. These 500k downloads lost them $10 million in sales as he originally planned to offer album downloads of $20 each. And despite him refusing to release the streaming numbers initially, Tidal went on to reveal that it had shifted 250 million streams within the first 10 days of release. And this Norwegian newspaper claimed all the way back in May 2018 that those numbers were faked. It took a while but the birds are coming home to roost. And Tidal said in response to the accusation at the time that they'd "expect nothing less from them than this ridiculous story, lies and falsehoods."

More needs to be spoken about regarding 4:44 as it got certified platinum not long after release despite it being a Tidal exclusive meaning they he'd have to have gained all those numbers with streams alone from a service with 3 million users. For an album that got spoken about for roughly 2 weeks. There was wide doubt cast upon it but it got swept under the rug. And I had no idea that Lemonade was another one but then, I've always said that Beyonce must be nowhere near as successful as its claimed as if you look at her sales, they're nothing to what they once were and they only people who actually know all her new work are those who actually purposely sought out the album. Her music is not widely played on radio, her music videos take months and even years to appear on YouTube and she hasn't promoted in years.

And for any of you thinking that Beyonce could not be involved or know anything about this - she's the joint owner of the business with her husband, is a major shareholder and has her own record label into the bargain. She knows what's going on. And even if she doesn't, well, that's proof that she doesn't have a clue what's going on in her own business and makes her no better than Kylie Jenner, who obviously just let her mother take control of the nitty gritty stuff and just believed claims that she was a billionaire. A lot of the rich hire someone to do their taxes or try to blame embezzlement on their advisors. I think jail should be reserved for violent criminals but other than that, Beyonce and Jay should pay up for what they've done. Particularly if they were the only artists benefitting from it. If others on the label find didn't get the same treatment, it flies in the face of their claims of making a service made by artists, for artists.

FRANZGA
13 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

This story continues to refuse to go away.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/tidal-now-officially-a-suspect-in-norwegian-data-fraud-investigation/

DN reported that it had obtained a company hard drive, belonging to TIDAL, which proved the streaming platform’s play-counts for two major albums from 2016 – Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life Of Pablo – had been grossly manipulated. The illicit hard drive, reported DN, contained ‘billions of rows of [internal TIDAL data]: times and song titles, user IDs and country codes. Then, in January last year, we learned that Norway’s National Authority for Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime (Økokrim) – which can be thought of as Norway’s equivalent of the FBI – had launched an investigation into potential ‘fake streams’ at TIDAL. 

This week brings more news in the ongoing saga. The case to which this particular ruling refers, according to an official court document obtained by MBW, was “based on suspicion of serious data fraud in the form of manipulation of stream numbers”. This resulted in Økokrim requesting to seize TIDAL documents in spite of them “containing business and operating secrets”. DN reports that a legal ‘back and forth’ ensued between TIDAL, the courts and the prosecution (Økokrim), which petitioned the courts to allow it to seize the documents.

see when you do clownery, the clown comes back to BITE!

giphy.gif

https://www.dn.no/staticprojects/special/2018/05/09/0600/dokumentar/strommekuppet/

This is VISUALIZATION of Tidal manipulating streams.. 

LateToCult

I know Madonna’s mad that Madame X didn’t get the Tidal boost too. 

Chromatica Island

No one uses TIDAL anymore lmao

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Wow! Beyoncehatedaily is at it again. If they are guilty they should pay for it, but why there is so much hate towards her? 

ToxicHot

Well, I don’t NOT believe it.

But why wouldn’t they make Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s collab album go #1 with this :lmao:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

C1trus

It's about time to slap the toxic beyhives with humble pies. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Terrence
5 hours ago, T3rrorBlade said:

It's about time to slap the toxic beyhives with humble pies. 

Sis they didn't learn after The Lion King :billie:

JRCF29

What even is the deal with Tidal? Has it been a data fraud scheme all along? It certainly doesn’t strike me as particularly relevant to the music industry unless you want to watch Chole x Halle do a concert or something 

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29

In fact when you think about it, how many people do you ever hear say they have Tidal vs Spotify, Pandora, Apple or Amazon Music? 

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived