💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Pennywise

See how I don't have to write a whole ass essay to protect trans people? Almost... as if... doing the right thing doesn't require being a demagogue...

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga
Just now, Pennywise said:

you're talking as if trans people don't die BECAUSE of transphobia AND people like her

You go off the rails again, comparing murderers and actual transphobic people with someone who's actively stating that she supports trans people and trans rights

10 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

It is, when the intenttion behind calling someone a TERF is shutting them up, make them silent and afraid, with that term that is so blatantly misused. Someone who's called a TERF and bullied constantly with no other argument but this word, is cancelled. 

Im sorry but yeah this is still freedom of speech.. :saladga:

If you believe in safe spaces and hate speech laws, you can go live in the Middle East.

I dont think you understand what freedom of speech means.

Pennywise
Just now, Mister Gaga said:

You go off the rails again, comparing murderers and actual transphobic people with someone who's actively stating that she supports trans people and trans rights

Someone that has her audience who spews transphobic **** is just as bad as the rest, thank you. She is picking and choosing "which trans people" she supports and invalidating the rest. This is not support.

FRANZGA
3 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Cop defenders, transphobes, Trump supporters, homophobes, and racists....I've seen it all in this site.

Y'all also have to accept that the world doesnt revolve around your beliefs..

Politics and Religion, the 2 biggest divider.. 

However, i believe opposite sides wont find any peace if they keep on insisting that they're RIGHT and the other is WRONG

Pennywise

Y'all can try to make me look as unhinged as you want. I am not the one who has to defend their opinion when it comes to trans people because I am not the one actively trying to antagonize them time and time again. 

2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

she is trying to make the trans rights movement something that it is not, that she's trying to make it sound like it is against biological women.

She only mentioned the fact, if i'm not wrong, that some statements like calling women "menstruators" or "vulva people"  felt like people trying to erase women altogether and dehumanize them and making it seem like transwomen and women are the same exact thing, when it's not. I'm sure it makes transpeople feel better when they read that but it's kind of insulting to call them that way.  I think just like feminism, the trans movement have sometimes gone too far and been a bit agressive and insulting in the things they say. 

Arturo

She really said with her full chest that she’d probably be forced to transition if she were born 30 years after she was :rip: 

Pennywise
Just now, KanyeWest said:

She only mentioned the fact, if i'm not wrong, that some statements like calling women "menstruators" or "vulva people"  felt like people trying to erase women altogether and dehumanize them and making it seem like transwomen and women are the same exact thing, when it's not. I'm sure it makes transpeople feel better when they read that but it's kind of insulting to call them that way.  I think just like feminism, the trans movement have sometimes gone too far and been a bit agressive and insulting in the things they say. 

But you're talking as if trans people OWE transphobes anything. They don't. They don't owe them civility, just like I do not owe any civility at all to homophobes. If ANYONE is insulted by being likened to trans people, they are a transphobe, period. I know I would not be, because, you know, there is nothing wrong with it. 

This "people feel like trying to erase women and dehumanize them" is just transphobe demagogy, and is just trying to legitimize their transphobia, and I will not let that slide. 

Arturo

JK Rowling’s essay on why she isn’t transphobic (even though she totally is) reminds me of certain essays on this forum of people explaining they’re not racist :billie: 

Seeka
24 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Quiltbag????

She never said any of that...

QUILTBAG is a cuter way of saying LGBTQIA+. 

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

No one is trying to erase women, they are trying to be inclusive of trans men & nb ppl and not exclude trans women from so called ‘women’s healthcare’ why is that so hard to understand 

Eighteen
28 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

As a cisgender woman, I welcome transwomen into women-only spaces. I think for some people, it must be easy to conjure up far-fetched ideas about people if they don't actually know their stories, because I can't imagine dehumanizing people from a certain group if you actually know someone from that group. 

I have a friend who before she'd had her gender confirmation surgery, and possibly even before she'd started taking hormones, expressed how much it meant to her that a cisgender woman invited her to use a public bathroom with her (don't get any funny ideas people, I'm talking about how girls sometimes use the bathroom in groups). When she posted about that on FB, it made me realize how much significance such a tiny act could have, and it made me very sad – sad to think that things could've gone the other way if her friend had recoiled in horror at the thought of her using the women's restroom, sad to think she felt she needed anyone's approval. 

The last thing we need is people policing who can use public bathrooms. All that does is become an excuse for people to enact violence on people who they think are entering the "wrong" restroom. In the U.S. at least, women's bathrooms are somewhat private anyway as we have stalls, unlike urinals that are out in the open, so what does it really matter?  (By which I mean, why should cis women care who's peeing in the stall next to them?)

I believe that JK Rowling is well-intentioned (maybe I'm naïve here), but I don't think she's looking at the full picture. She claims to know transpeople, but I'm starting to doubt how well she knows them. Is this like someone saying "I can't be racist because I have a black friend"? If she truly had trans friends, I can't believe that she would say such things. I don't know why she keeps inserting her foot into her mouth and doesn't just leave the topic alone. 

For former fans of hers who feel hurt by her rhetoric, please know she doesn't speak for all cisgender women. 

i agree with you, i do think she's well-intentioned, it's just that her rationale is off and she's taking too much of an emphasis on sex rather than gender identity. like instead of recognizing that trans women are women despite their sex, i feel like she goes the biological route, and sees trans men more as women because they were born biologically women? 

also people need to stop calling her a bitch like... i don't agree with her either but geez make an argument against her argument and present it instead of devolving into that kind of name calling that has such a heavy sexist connotation -_- 

GagaSine
10 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Cop defenders, transphobes, Trump supporters, homophobes, and racists....I've seen it all in this site.

This is literally one of the most bigoted websites I have seen in a long time, and I used to go on 4chan, voat, and kiwifarms :bradley:

Archived