Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, MISTER GEEMATICA said:

My first sentence said I know several gays that basically invalidate transgender people. Where did I say or quote anything JK Rowling said?

Well the thread is about JK Rowling's views and her essay so why are you surprised that I assumed you were referring to her too? :huh:

1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

No, people actually red what she said and it made them think, but came up with the conclusion that shes a TERF bitch

See this is what I don't agree with - this type of language that just gives them the ammunition they need. Had she been told she was wrong and why she was wrong, she wouldn't have substance to write this essay. But since she's been called misogynistic slurs like bitch and c*nt, she can now take these and RUN with them and say look these trans activists are women haters. STOP GIVING HER WHAT SHE WANTS FROM YOU! The world will get nowhere if we keep treating each other like this, because no one will be willing to listen.

chaeri pls

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

There are no "both sides" when one side needlessly hates the other and wants to take away their rights.

Enough with this bullshit, honestly. It's like saying "Well, we have to listen to BOTH Jews AND the Nazis, it's only fair"

This is where you go off the rails. Comparing a woman that talks to the group she is writing about, reading studies, talking to doctors and expressing her concerns to a group of people that LITERALLY KILLED millions of people is not only shameful but is the reason why reactionary pointing fingers and name calling just weakens your own argument that you are trying to make. As tiring as it may be. If you don't agree with her. List the points where you think she is wrong and convince readers with your knowledge. 

Franch Toast
4 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Reading her post, I was scared she'd convince me of her innocence because she's a clever writer, and though at some points I did pause and say whew this woman knows how to use words, it was easy to see right through her argument. It had SO many fallacies. What confused me most was at the end where she said so many supportive things about trans people and boiled down her entire concern with trans activists to her being worried that now any man can simply say "I'm a woman" and enter girls' bathrooms. She basically thinks trans people need to be "certified" trans in order to enter these spaces. Which absolutely doesn't make sense with the rest of the letter :smh: I truly don't understand her. She's too smart for this.

I don't think Rowling or her supporters realize how policing bathrooms can backfire (and has) in so many different ways. The last thing we need is people deciding who's "feminine" or "masculine" enough to use a certain restroom. 

She/Her/Hers

Born This Way

I'll just enjoy Harry Potter and forget this bitch exists.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Mister G
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Well the thread is about JK Rowling's views and her essay so why are you surprised that I assumed you were referring to her too? :huh:

See this is what I don't agree with - this type of language that just gives them the ammunition they need. Had she been told she was wrong and why she was wrong, she wouldn't have substance to write this essay. But since she's been called misogynistic slurs like bitch and c*nt, she can now take these and RUN with them and say look these trans activists are women haters. STOP GIVING HER WHAT SHE WANTS FROM YOU! The world will get nowhere if we keep treating each other like this, because no one will be willing to listen.

I didn’t mention her though. I made a general statement.

1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

I will vomit over their criteria, then, for calling someone a TERF bitch while 'defending woman's rights and freedom of speech' at the same time

Calling a woman a TERF bitch is not against freedom of speech, or womens rights :fail:

Altair

I’m pretty sure most of you guys didn’t read what she had to say smh. I stand with her on her view that there are different levels of trans that must be considered. I think her main concern is that lately we’ve been mixing trans as a social construct with trans as a biological factor.  She wants to bring awareness and support to people who are biologically female for medical reasons. That’s her niche. That’s what she wants to support. We all have causes that draw out our attention more than others and that’s okay. 
now, was she right in her tweet saying that all people who menstruate are women? Absolutely not. But also that’s not what she meant. I think she feels as though that article was another way of men controlling biological females. 
It’s a pity that we’ve come to a point where we are so focused on canceling people and jumping on that bandwagon to be “trendy”. I don’t think JK should apologize for supporting issues that effect bio females only. That being said, I think she should make her speech more clear when she speaks out on these issues knowing damn well that people are just ready to jump on her. 

Thomas P
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

Good get off this site, no one wants people who think like this here :ladyhaha:

Gaga surely wouldn’t want you listening to her music, so go enjoy some Toby Keith and **** off :trollga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

littlepotter
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

I don't think Rowling or her supporters realize how policing bathrooms can backfire (and has) in so many different ways. The last thing we need is people deciding who's "feminine" or "masculine" enough to use a certain restroom. 

Obviously, and there's no substantiation to the claim that people are using the trans excuse to rape woman.

What bothers me is the fact that her issue seems to be, as she stated, that men who aren't trans will use that excuse to go into bathrooms. So basically her issue isn't with actual trans people. And she stated explicit support of actual trans people. That's what confuses me. Can she be deemed anti-trans when her issues lies with men who are gonna abuse trans rights? Again her concern is absolutely not valid imo, but I'm saying her reasoning to me indicates logical fallacy and not trans hate.

chaeri pls

Mister Gaga
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

Calling a woman a TERF bitch is not against freedom of speech, or womens rights :fail:

It is, when the intenttion behind calling someone a TERF is shutting them up, make them silent and afraid, with that term that is so blatantly misused. Someone who's called a TERF and bullied constantly with no other argument but this word, is cancelled. 

Pennywise
8 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

This is where you go off the rails. Comparing a woman that talks to the group she is writing about, reading studies, talking to doctors and expressing her concerns to a group of people that LITERALLY KILLED millions of people is not only shameful but is the reason why reactionary pointing fingers and name calling just weakens your own argument that you are trying to make. As tiring as it may be. If you don't agree with her. List the points where you think she is wrong and convince readers with your knowledge. 

Yeah, and you're talking as if trans people don't die BECAUSE of transphobia AND people like her every day, in 21st century.  Also nice of you to pretend you don't understand the base of my comparison and try to make me look bad. Sadly, it won't work.

You can't shame me in any moral standpoint when you are in the literal swamp when it comes to that, thank you.

When it comes to hateful people, I have stopped trying to "convince" them long ago. I have already mentioned in my previous comments that she is trying to make the trans rights movement something that it is not, that she's trying to make it sound like it is against biological women. I don't agree with her on this fundamental level, but no "listing" of points will ever convince people who are just looking for reasons to invalidate and hate trans people.

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Morphine Prince

She peaked with Harry Potter and will never do anything as great. I guess she'll win with the transphobes with this one. 

Daylight Jokers

Cop defenders, transphobes, Trump supporters, homophobes, and racists....I've seen it all in this site.

Pennywise
5 minutes ago, Altair said:

I’m pretty sure most of you guys didn’t read what she had to say smh. I stand with her on her view that there are different levels of trans that must be considered. I think her main concern is that lately we’ve been mixing trans as a social construct with trans as a biological factor.  She wants to bring awareness and support to people who are biologically female for medical reasons. That’s her niche. That’s what she wants to support. We all have causes that draw out our attention more than others and that’s okay. 
now, was she right in her tweet saying that all people who menstruate are women? Absolutely not. But also that’s not what she meant. I think she feels as though that article was another way of men controlling biological females. 
It’s a pity that we’ve come to a point where we are so focused on canceling people and jumping on that bandwagon to be “trendy”. I don’t think JK should apologize for supporting issues that effect bio females only. That being said, I think she should make her speech more clear when she speaks out on these issues knowing damn well that people are just ready to jump on her. 

If she wants to support people who are biological females only, she can shut the **** up about others and let them be. She clearly does not know how to, though. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

FRANZGA
1 hour ago, LadariousGarage said:

Percy Jackson is better anyways, and the author isn't transphobic :ally:

I am a fan of both J.K.Rowling and Rick Riordan but that is a Big FAT Lie..

O.T Girl you kinda have a point with the difference between cis and trans women but seriously?? Denying them to use the female toilet.. NO3x

Archived