💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

As a cisgender woman, I welcome transwomen into women-only spaces. I think for some people, it must be easy to conjure up far-fetched ideas about people if they don't actually know their stories, because I can't imagine dehumanizing people from a certain group if you actually know someone from that group. 

I have a friend who before she'd had her gender confirmation surgery, and possibly even before she'd started taking hormones, expressed how much it meant to her that a cisgender woman invited her to use a public bathroom with her (don't get any funny ideas people, I'm talking about how girls sometimes use the bathroom in groups). When she posted about that on FB, it made me realize how much significance such a tiny act could have, and it made me very sad – sad to think that things could've gone the other way if her friend had recoiled in horror at the thought of her using the women's restroom, sad to think she felt she needed anyone's approval. 

The last thing we need is people policing who can use public bathrooms. All that does is become an excuse for people to enact violence on people who they think are entering the "wrong" restroom. In the U.S. at least, women's bathrooms are somewhat private anyway as we have stalls, unlike urinals that are out in the open, so what does it really matter?  (By which I mean, why should cis women care who's peeing in the stall next to them?)

I believe that JK Rowling is well-intentioned (maybe I'm naïve here), but I don't think she's looking at the full picture. She claims to know transpeople, but I'm starting to doubt how well she knows them. Is this like someone saying "I can't be racist because I have a black friend"? If she truly had trans friends, I can't believe that she would say such things. I don't know why she keeps inserting her foot into her mouth and doesn't just leave the topic alone. 

For former fans of hers who feel hurt by her rhetoric, please know she doesn't speak for all cisgender women. 

But JK Rowling is extremely obsessed with trans people, every months she comments about it and it becomes a huge story. So I dont think shes well intentioned?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga
20 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

Also she compared trans women to rapists and incels, but "oH No iM NoT tRaNsPhObIc"

CLEARLY she's not comparing them. She's saying how rapists and incels could take advantage of a well intendended idea that positively affects trans people. 

GagaSine

There is so much transphobia in the comments here. Absolutely insane. Can‘t believe Gaga stans can be so hateful towards the LGBTQ community... :saladga:

also don‘t understand how Admin can put Black Lives Matter in the Banner but allow all this trans hate in the comments. Black trans people are the most marginalized people in the world... i want to cry so many of you are being so evil & ignorant 

Daylight Jokers
52 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

Miss Rona wants to know your location, boomer.

Mister Gaga
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

But JK Rowling is extremely obsessed with trans people, every months she comments about it and it becomes a huge story. So I dont think shes well intentioned?

It's not her fault it 'becames a huge story' tho. The screaming around her comments it's louder than her comments, and it's having as consequence that people automaticaly scream 'TERF bitch' whenever a new tweet surfaces, instead of reading and reflecting about the issue, and, if neccesary, contradict/comment about JK's apparent transphobic ideas, setting up a debate and making people THINK instead of screaming like a zombie

dberrin

People could you stop dragging her for nothing. She is not hateful with trans, she has her opinion which is certainly not yours but We can all get can that a p*ssy is not a d*ck and ovary is not a testicle. Trans who were born with the wrong gender will unfortunately never have the biological organs of the gender they feel. She has been tactless but never hateful.

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

J.K. Rowling. H.P. Lovecraft? Similar? Yes. 

Her P.R. needs to take her social media passwords away from her. 

I mean, she's a sh¥tty person. But so many QUILTBAG kids felt safe in the world of Harry Potter. She's destroying that. 

Guess it's time for a new magic academy novel series!

Quiltbag????

1 hour ago, MISTER GEEMATICA said:

I know there are several gays who don’t think being transgender is a real thing, and I’ve seen some post some bashful material online about how from a biological perspective it’s not possible and that it’s not a real identification. I’m like wow ya’ll sound just as bad as people who said being gay was a mental illness. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to speak publicly, ever.

She never said any of that...

chaeri pls

Mister G
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

Quiltbag????

She never said any of that...

My first sentence said I know several gays that basically invalidate transgender people. Where did I say or quote anything JK Rowling said?

Franch Toast
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

I'm not on Twitter, so I haven't kept up with all her comments, and I've never read a single word of the Harry Potter series, so I'm not a fan whose perception is colored a love of her books – I'm coming into this with no opinion on her. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when I can, though at a certain point, I give up (like with Trump and his cronies). I read her essay, and it was full of inaccuracies and ignorance. Having no background on her, what I'm trying to figure out is: is she just ignorant and there is hope for her, or is she intentionally ignorant because she's blinded by her hatred? I don't know. From what people on here are saying, it sounds like she may be past the point of offering her the benefit of the doubt, which is why I put in parenthesis that I might be naïve. Perhaps it's worth noting that I often give people the benefit of the doubt who don't deserve it, as I tend to view the world through rose-colored glasses and try to find the good in everyone, which often leads to me getting burned. Anyway, reading through other comments here, I'm starting to see that she likely isn't well-intentioned, though she's definitely ignorant. Fame and money can't buy intelligence or empathy. 

She/Her/Hers

3 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

It's not her fault it 'becames a huge story' tho. The screaming around her comments it's louder than her comments, and it's having as consequence that people automaticaly scream 'TERF bitch' whenever a new tweet surfaces, instead of reading and reflecting about the issue, and, if neccesary, contradict/comment about JK's apparent transphobic ideas, setting up a debate and making people THINK instead of screaming like a zombie

No, people actually red what she said and it made them think, but came up with the conclusion that shes a TERF bitch

littlepotter

Reading her post, I was scared she'd convince me of her innocence because she's a clever writer, and though at some points I did pause and say whew this woman knows how to use words, it was easy to see right through her argument. It had SO many fallacies. What confused me most was at the end where she said so many supportive things about trans people and boiled down her entire concern with trans activists to her being worried that now any man can simply say "I'm a woman" and enter girls' bathrooms. She basically thinks trans people need to be "certified" trans in order to enter these spaces. Which absolutely doesn't make sense with the rest of the letter :smh: I truly don't understand her. She's too smart for this.

chaeri pls

LadariousGarage
1 minute ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Queen

:awkney:

Lets do it baby I know the Law

59 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

Scientifically there is a difference between sex and gender, there is no argument against that. Arguing against that is arguing against science.

While I agree our sex effects our gender, its not the only factor that plays into your gender expression.

Why are you gatekeeping vaginas?

Mister Gaga
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

No, people actually red what she said and it made them think, but came up with the conclusion that shes a TERF bitch

I will vomit over their criteria, then, for calling someone a TERF bitch while 'defending woman's rights and freedom of speech' at the same time

Archived