💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Bieber talks black culture, says he benefited off it

Bambino

Featured Posts

Borislshere

I appreciate him for acknowledging that unlike a lot of other artists who’ve done the same and remained quiet on black issues.

weed

*Ariana, Miley, Katy, Iggy, Post Malone, Eminem, Bruno Mars, everyone else has joined the chat*

TimisaMonster

At least he acknowledged his appropriation of black culture and went from a young Canadian white boy to young wannabe black boy with sagging pants, a million tattoos, and a hip hop sound in his music 

I wish he wouldn't have but try to learn how often white people try to imitate black people in so many aspects of life yet never claim them as equals...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
8 minutes ago, weed said:

*Ariana, Miley, Katy, Iggy, Post Malone, Eminem, Bruno Mars, everyone else has joined the chat*

Every single Kardashian/Jenner family member has joined the chat too...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Varys
21 minutes ago, weed said:

Katy??? :oprah:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Thomas P

I actually really admire this post. The only time it’s bad to benefit off of black culture is when you don’t acknowledge it and don’t take the time to apply your privilege to do something about the issues you’ll never suffer.  
EDIT: and also as long as you don’t appropriate it. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Varys
4 minutes ago, weed said:

katyperry-580.jpg

oh right forgot about that :bon:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

What does profiting off black culture means? He does pop music, he's a skater boy, he seems more inspired by white artists than blacks to me. And because you do r&b doesn't mean you are profiting off a culture. Profiting off a culture would be Bhad Barbie or whatever her name is, or others who change their appearances to look mixed raced, who try to talk a certain way, look a certain way or rap a certain way where it's not natural (Iggy Azalea). Who don't apologize or respect black artists or care about their artistry (Justin Timberlake, Kardashians).

Overall though, I don't understand how making r&b, soul, rap music means u are profiting off black culture, would be different if it was somebody white wearing indian garments and singing indian songs because it's anchored in Indian culture, but r&b, soul, rap has now democratized a long time ago! It is now a music genre. But let's remember most music genres was created by black people, rock'n'roll, country music etc...

Maybe idgi  bcs im European tbh

weed

*KPOP has entered the chat* forgot about them too lmao

The Z
9 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

What does profiting off black culture means? He does pop music, he's a skater boy, he seems more inspired by white artists than blacks to me. And because you do r&b doesn't mean you are profiting off a culture. Profiting off a culture would be Bhad Barbie or whatever her name is, or others who change their appearances to look mixed raced, who try to talk a certain way, look a certain way or rap a certain way where it's not natural (Iggy Azalea). Who don't apologize or respect black artists or care about their artistry (Justin Timberlake, Kardashians).

Overall though, I don't understand how making r&b, soul, rap music means u are profiting off black culture, would be different if it was somebody white wearing indian garments and singing indian songs because it's anchored in Indian culture, but r&b, soul, rap has now democratized a long time ago! It is now a music genre. But let's remember most music genres was created by black people, rock'n'roll, country music etc...

Maybe idgi  bcs im European tbh

I think he means that black culture is part of his success, not that he literally stole from them. He says that he's successful for something that was inspired by black culture, he's honoring them :)

Rudz Xinc
23 minutes ago, weed said:

katyperry-580.jpg

Yikes, her make up is awful. :bon:

Look at those clowns

Dr Fudge

Let’s also not forget about his racist moments. Not posting here, but a simple YouTube search takes you to his Baby parody....

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived