celeb

Sarah Paulson: "Shut up @jk_rowling"

theahsfan

Featured Posts

Interlude
2 minutes ago, JK Rowling said:

:messga:

I'm curious, how do these posts and call outs for JK make you feel? :smh: 

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roronoa
12 minutes ago, Interlude said:

I'm curious, how do these posts and call outs for JK make you feel? :smh: 

Twitter Rowling is a problematic Horcrux. A common side effect of splitting your soul too often; they started developing different personalities. 

On a serious note, GGD Rowling has a transgender brother, so obviously certain comments do affect me. I've seen what transphobia and violence can do to a person, the mental scars are life-lasting. 

Interlude
6 minutes ago, JK Rowling said:

Twitter Rowling is a problematic Horcrux. A common side effect of splitting your soul too often; they started developing different personalities. 

On a serious note, GGD Rowling has a transgender brother, so obviously certain comments do affect me. I've seen what transphobia and violence can do to a person, the mental scars are life-lasting. 

"A problematic horcrux" is a wonderful expression :air:

Ah I can imagine that must feel really conflicting at times for you :( Thank you for sharing :hug: 

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Batwings

This is such a source of conflict for me. J.K. Rowling is one of my personal heroes, and I have championed her from the beginning, but her response to the trans community has me like  :wtf:

It's so disappointing.

Maybe if more people from her fanbase and people like Sarah keep calling her out, she will educate herself. 

elijahfan

Why is everyone acting like JK was talking about anything other than biological sex? I believe this is clearly different from gender. Why she felt compelled to talk about this subject right now is a mystery to me, but was what she said actually wrong or shocking? :oprah:

Roronoa
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Why is everyone acting like JK was talking about anything other than biological sex? I believe this is clearly different from gender. Why she felt compelled to talk about this subject right now is a mystery to me, but was what she said actually wrong or shocking? :oprah:

You're not wrong. It's just the way Twitter Rowling phrased it comes across as trans-exclusionary. The issue stems from the fact that transwomen just want to identify as women, nothing more, nothing less. How many times do transwomen have to scream 'I AM A WOMAN' in order for the world to accept them as real women? JK Rowling wants to make the distinction between biological women and transwomen (she has her reasons, but there is also a consequence). It is true biological women menstruate (please no lectures on intersex) but the term 'woman' no longer applies to just biological females. That is what Twitter Rowling has failed to understand, or rather, opposes?  I think she means well, but things are different nowadays.

Transpeople still face discrimination and violence, and in order to overcome that, we ALL have to show kindness and acceptance; which means being careful with our choice of words. Words have power, just look at the success of the Harry Potter universe. They can change the way we view the world. For example, when I use the term 'transwoman', it just excludes them even more.

To be honest, this is all first world shenanigans. The rest of the world have bigger issues to deal with, like the virus and poverty. :huntyga: I do not think Twitter Rowling is transphobic, her comments do not come from a place of hate, it's just that her idea of what it means to be a woman is old-schooled. 

At the end of the day, we are all just apes with smartphones... We're all inherently flawed but we can always learn from it. 

Interlude
1 hour ago, AnalDelGay said:

Speak up kween!

4859540748e3c19e2b10b053b76be1512be4de05

Omg that photo :air: 

tenor.gif?itemid=7281025

Archived