⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Fat Shaming Gaga... Seriously?

Timmers

The number of feels I've had over the past 10 minutes since opening the thread about the new photo of Gaga.

1) Shock. Because, like, who is she? How is this real? Just two months ago she looked like she was in great shape.

2) Love. Because I've gained so much weight since Corona started. I've been afraid to leave my apartment because of past trauma with body shaming from being an overweight kid came back in full force. I'm back to having anxiety attacks if I can't find the right clothes to wear that people will see me in, since most of my clothes don't fit right now. And if Lady Gaga can talk to the WORLD having gained the COVID "19" once or twice like I have, then god dammit I can go outside in front of 50 people at the store. 

3) Disgust, anger, and sadness. Because the comments in this thread reminded me why it's not safe to be seen in my current body. And that even a community built around kindness and positivity isn't kind to overweight people, even the woman who built the fanbase. This album was delayed and delayed and delayed. Everything she's spent years working on to promote it has been cancelled or delayed. All of the work she has put in, ruined. She is probably (and understandably) depressed. Like I am but likely worse since I had no plans for this year. And most of the comments here are heartless and lack any empathy.

Plastic Doll really hits different now, doesn't it? 

I can't moderate what's said on GagaDaily. But no one's self esteem is the price to pay for you to get your funny post in or exercise your right to share your honest opinion. Please just think twice before posting something. Imagine you're standing in front of her, saying it to her face. Then decide what you want to say.

• Like 15
  • Love 59
  • Thanks 40

Monsterxo
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

I love FATga

Ummm....

3 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

She's putting on weight!!! No!!!!

6 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Yes I would!!! I would call her 'hey fattie', if I see her on the streets

Edited by Monsterxo
  • LMAO 6
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 37
  • Thanks 1

EuphoricVibez
Posted (edited)

Gaga still looks gorgeous in that picture. I don't care what the other Little Heathens say :triggered: There's absolutely no reason to fat shame her at all.

Edited by EuphoricVibez
Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 19

Saint Gaga
1 minute ago, Monsterxo said:

Ummm....

Well I had to console this user..So I had to lie:kiss:

• Sad 13

HybridAT
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Monsterxo said:

Ummm....

Disgusting

28 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Shut up already and get out what the hell is wrong with you, seek help :sick:

Edited by HybridAT
▌│█║▌║▌║ leave nothin' on these streets to explore ║▌║▌║█│▌
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 13

smitherz

so ****ing gross. this fan base is incredibly toxic. she loves us so much and so many of y’all are so so so mean. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 8

reysus
5 minutes ago, Timmers said:

She is probably (and understandably) depressed.

I know you mean well but you shouldn't assume her mental state based on her appearance or what she has gone through with releasing Chromatica. 

appreciate the rest of the post tho :)

• Like 2

Seeka
2 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Why have you not been banned?

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 14

EuphoricVibez
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Ummm... :interestinga: I have no words for you. This is reductive, and disgusting as hell

Edited by EuphoricVibez
Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LadariousGarage
7 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

I love FATga

oh f*ck you

Lets do it baby I know the Law
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 9

Blastertoyo
12 minutes ago, Timmers said:

then god dammit I can go outside in front of 50 people at the store. 

There can be 50 people at the store..

:trollga:

alice911

nothing wrong with putting on weight... i know she's been overwhelmed lately.. i wish i was rich enough to own a personal gym and workout anytime i like in my home. We all have put weight during Lockdown so nothing wrong with it. 

• Like 1

The Fame

Is this about the graduation 2020 video where she has a Judas-like look? (I just logged on so I might have missed something?) She doesn't even look fat in that picture, she looks like an average, normal person??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 29

Timmers
5 minutes ago, reysus said:

I know you mean well but you shouldn't assume her mental state based on her appearance or what she has gone through with releasing Chromatica. 

appreciate the rest of the post tho :)

"She is probably" is not the same as "She is definitely." One is an assumption, and one is a stated possibility. But thank you.

• Like 1

Timmers
2 minutes ago, The Fame said:

Is this about the graduation 2020 video where she has a Judas-like look? (I just logged on so I might have missed something?) She doesn't even look fat in that picture, she looks like an average, normal person??

Read through the comments in the thread. The comments on Twitter are even worse.

• Sad 3