Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence turns 6

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

m6axk0tkf3351.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

On this very day six years ago, Lana Del Rey released Ultraviolence's titletrack as album's third single - following West Coast and Shades of Cool.

Musically the song is a an indie rock song in slower tempo, dark and narcotic. The song was produced by Dan Auerbach.

The song's orchestral direction and Lana's vocals were praised by critics - however the song was heavily cricized for 'promoting domestic abuse'.  Even so, it became a fan-favorite and a signature song of hers, often performed in live shows.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What is your opinion on the song/ do you remember it coming out?

shame

Her third best album after NFR and LFL imo

ultraviolence, old money, Pretty when you cry, money power glory, black beauty are some of the best songs she’s ever written 

angels forever, forever angels

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, shame said:

Her third best album after NFR and LFL imo

91883168_358462828392713_705386589250492

Only partially joking because I love some of the songs there** :huntyga:

Plus I love the Ultraviolence songs you mentioned.

Pictures

It impresses me to this day that people did not get the metaphor of physical abuse with alcohol & drug abuse and criticized this song so much. That melody and her voice are just perfect :flutter:

selenalavigne

This is a sub sl*t anthem and I love it. this was my song throughout 2018.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Lona Delery

i cant believe it has been 6 years :air: it feels like ive just started stanning lana yesterday...

also highkey one of my most favorite lana songs and my most played song in my library!

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

bees and honeyy
Just now, Varys said:

Her best album after NFR and Paradise :flutter:

THIS

bees and honeyy

honestly UV is such a good album, every song is a 10/10 for me (which is rare). so so good

Varys
7 minutes ago, honeyy said:

honestly UV is such a good album, every song is a 10/10 for me (which is rare). so so good

NOT when Guns and Roses exists :billie:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

PrettiestStar

Ultraviolence turning 6?! :air:

Gosh, I'm old. :bradley:

EDIT: This is my favourite album ever, the next is Chromatica. :legend:

ToxicHot

I was actually heavily into Lana Del Rey until this album came out, ‘cause I was super disappointed in the vast change of sound from Born to Die and Paradise. :bradley: I only liked a few songs, I wasn’t into the “rock”-inspired sound of the entire record.

It took me a LONG time to get into this album, YEARS actually. But it’s lovely, and very deep. It’s still not my favorite record from her but I can appreciate it so much. I feel awful that I fell off on stanning Lana because I was kinda turned off by this change in sound. But I love the growth. Some of her best and most interesting songs on here for sure.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

bees and honeyy
13 minutes ago, Varys said:

NOT when Guns and Roses exists :billie:

I was thinking that and decided to pretend the deluxe edition doesn’t exist (apart from black beauty but that will always be a part of the untouchable 5 in my heart) 

LOVE FOOLISH

Honestly, I think this is my favorite LDR album. From the lyrics to the aesthetic and even her weird “cutesy” voice, this album is superior...to me :vegas:

I personally find this album to be very cohesive, not instrumentally like Honeymoon, but lyrically. I love how every track was placed and how they lyrically and emotionally contribute to the tracks before and after it. 

I can go on and on about how much I love UV! This album proved to me that Lana is an amazing songwriter and storyteller. I tried to pick my favorite tracks, but I ended up adding all of them lol. Pretty When You Cry, Money Power Glory, and Black Beauty are my top three...I think :giveup: 

Archived