Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Chromatica #1 UK

Levitating

Featured Posts

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Okay but Gaga literally went from 215k on BTW to 65k on ARTPOP. Let’s not lose perspective here :poot:

true

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

UK is backbackback again :sis: Congrats!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Cherry Blues

So happy for Lady Gaga ❣ Chromatica is a summer dance masterpiece 💛

Dominic
3 hours ago, freebit said:

She did amazing in the UK! :party:

I wonder why the UK went so hard with this album? This is like Brazil-level support. Though, didn't Stupid Love do better in the UK than US?

We love house, trance and dance music. Like a lot. So Gaga + House = Big Win 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

StrawberryBlond

As awesome as this is, the article from the official charts said that it was the highest debut sales for an female album in the UK since Ariana's album (which sold 64k) but Taylor's Love sold 53,000, apparently the same. So, I assumed it all came down to a mere few hundred sales between them. And others in the comment said that they're rounded up or rounded down so if it said that it's the highest sales since Ariana, then it must be. But on Wikipedia today it says it sold 52,907 and didn't say anything about this highest female sales record. I then went onto Lover's page and it said it sold 53k and was the highest sales since Thank U Next. So...is it Wikipedia that has it wrong or official charts?

But no matter, the fact she's this close to Taylor's sales is amazing. I'd hoped she'd match or just go over her sales, so that was the benchmark, spooky that it came this close. I'd believe official charts over Wikipedia but I'm still unsure now. And great for Alice going top 40 and Sour Candy going top 20. If Sour Candy could go top ten, I'd be beyond thrilled. A #1, 2 top 10's and a top 40 from this album at the very least but surpass my expectations and be a wonderful feat for a female of 34 who's been in the game for 12 years. I hope Sour Candy goes top 10 in the US this week and it might make the rest of the world catch on...and maybe get made into an official single and get a video too!

Archived