Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meghan Markle speaks out

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Meghan Markle today broke her silence on the murder of George Floyd, declaring that 'black lives matter' and revealed that she had not spoken about his death before because she had been 'nervous'.

The Duchess of Sussex gave an address to graduating pupils at her old school, Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles, where she also named other African Americans who were killed in the US by police in recent years.

The 38-year-old former actress, who attended the school from the age of 11 to 18, said: 'George Floyd's life mattered and Breonna Taylor's life mattered and Philando Castile's life mattered and Tamir Rice's life mattered'. 

The other three people Meghan mentions were killed by US police over the past six years. Meghan also referred to Los Angeles as the family's 'home town' after moving there with husband Prince Harry, and their son Archie.

On speaking out about Mr Floyd, she said: 'I wasn't sure what I could say to you. I wanted to say the right thing and I was really nervous that it would get picked apart. And I realised the only wrong thing to say is to say nothing'.

Meghan made the six-minute virtual speech yesterday before the video was released to black women's lifestyle magazine Essence, which published it on its website today saying 'courtesy of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex'. 

Please don't start bashing her, she can never win :saladga: she is so sweet. The amount of racism she receives is disgusting, especially as of late by the UK press.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IcePrincess

Why does everyone now think that they are experts in everything and must speak on any matter that does not even concern them. Just to get a few likes and media recognition

Gimme More
43 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Why does everyone now think that they are experts in everything and must speak on any matter that does not even concern them. Just to get a few likes and media recognition

This was a speech for people who were graduating from her former school - give her a break. 

She's not on social media or anything anymore currently, also she has been fighting for rights of people of colour for YEARS. I hate it when a coloured person speaks out people are like they shouldn't talk, this is the EXACT reason they do it, to not be silenced and to not be ignored.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

TSUNAMI
2 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Do you need to be expert in something to be able to feel? 

And how does human rights not concern us? We are all human after all. Black rights are human rights. 

Varys
4 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Why does everyone now think that they are experts in everything and must speak on any matter that does not even concern them. Just to get a few likes and GGD recognition

FixedT :reductive:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

7 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Wow R U for real? This is so sad that some ppl thing this way :messga:

bloody g
4 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

In my eyes it's a common agreement from celebrities or generally influencers that they must talk about the movement to raise awareness and give a voice to black lives. Yes, there are black celebrities, but this involves everyone. Not only because they may have black friends and family, but because it is moral and just. Black people need this support, while staying quiet benefits the racist side who is more than likely hiding right now.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

11 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

It's called supporting a cause, try it sometime :reductive:

kaelergrey
12 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

I hate it when a coloured person speaks out people are like they shouldn't talk, this is the EXACT reason they do it, to not be silenced and to not be ignored.

Thank you. 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

ZiggyZiggs
31 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

ummm she's half black?????? so it does concern her, and even if she wasn't she should speak out, we all should, u alright?

flyaway

She herself has been a victim of racism as well, and the worst part is that it comes from a highly important institution that has caused so many problems, and who also have been able to silence those who wanted to speak up before.

16 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

She herself has been a victim of racism as well, and the worst part is that it comes from a highly important institution that has caused so many problems, and who also have been able to silence those who wanted to speak up before.

Debateable. She was criticized for poor decisions. Like making the taxpayer pay for a cottage that she never lived in, or by being the number 1 royal member of spending around 100k for dresses and outfits, or for leaving the royal family in a very disrespectful way. Not just her, Harry too. For all we know it would be more sexism for not including Harry in those poor decisions whether than labelling as "racism". 

Gimme More
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Debateable. She was criticized for poor decisions. Like making the taxpayer pay for a cottage that she never lived in, or by being the number 1 royal member of spending around 100k for dresses and outfits, or for leaving the royal family in a very disrespectful way. Not just her, Harry too. For all we know it would be more sexism for not including Harry in those poor decisions whether than labelling as "racism". 

I feel like as I live in the UK and have witnessed how she has been treated by the press, it is pure racism.

The way they talk about her is absolutely disgusting, there is an INSANE difference between articles of her and Kate, even when Kate is doing a similar thing.

It's insane how everything to do with the Queen's son, Prince Andrew is never spoken about and when it is he is fully supported despite being accused of many sexual offences and his friendship with Epstein. The way no-one sticks up for the racism against Meghan but are more than happy for the hate of Meghan to take centre stage as long as it overshadows the Prince Andrew Scandal.

Anyway, I don't want to argue but Meghan has been subject to SO much racism and she has every right to talk about it and support this. You know I have nothing against you, i'm just passionate :)

#JusticeForBritney ♡

flyaway
5 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

That as well, but I've read plenty of British tabloids that have treated her and her son in racist terms. I don't think it's a coincidence, but it's still linked to the royals. They truly don't like her, or anyone who gets on their way. 

BleepBloop
1 hour ago, IcePrincess said:

Tasteless SOPHIE hater and now ignorant. Pick a struggle, sweetie

Archived