Lighter
4 minutes ago, Whtvrman said:

no one needed healing in any form

Poor gagz, she was just trying to find a theme for an album:bradley:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss

The best scene in Five Foot Two is when she plays Joanne for her grandmother and her grandmother says "Don't get too caught up in all of this." Gaga really wanted to make something that would channel her family's pain but they wanted her to be happy. Healing trauma is something that we all do over time. You can't fix it with a song. She learned that with Joanne.

Whtvrman
1 minute ago, Lighter said:

She's a theater kid after all :oops:

9 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

she was innocently clueless, and thought that approach can be healing. well if I were Joe I will be slightly pissed that she makes an entire album and a song with her dead sister's name. I mean, sorry Gaga, but I don't even think that's a really smooth and appropriate approach to recover her family's trauma.

Her grandma’s reaction to the song in the doc kinda proves this sadly...I LOVE Joanne as a album but the theme is....misguided, lol. Amazing songs, iffy backbone.

8 minutes ago, Lighter said:

When is someone gonna tell her she can just make a bunch of stellar tracks without a theme :bradley:

Lighter
7 minutes ago, brownie said:

When is someone gonna tell her she can just make a bunch of stellar tracks without a theme :bradley:

We really had to sacrifice Frankensteined for Joanne.. much to think about

SchwineLove
7 minutes ago, brownie said:

Her grandma’s reaction to the song in the doc kinda proves this sadly...I LOVE Joanne as a album but the theme is....misguided, lol. Amazing songs, iffy backbone.

yeah, I think the depression that occured to her afterwards can be a form of guilt that come into her realization that the approach actually could be inappropriate, or maybe even a further innocence on why her attempt is unsuccessful. We know that Gaga is so wholeheartedly filled with kind intentions, but often she can be unrealistically minded. 

alice911

I think she made the album and now just regrets it. When her grandma said no chile... it was a long time ago when she made her listen to Joanne.. she probably got pissed. :bradley:

Defmix100
35 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

she was innocently clueless, and thought that approach can be healing. well if I were Joe I will be slightly pissed that she makes an entire album and a song with her dead sister's name. I mean, sorry Gaga, but I don't even think that's a really smooth and appropriate approach to recover her family's trauma.

even more so with her calling herself Joanne, signing as Joanne, kind of making jokes on the tour etc

AshIey
32 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

You would be pissed at your own daughter for honoring her aunt? That seems very cruel. :wtf:

7 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

even more so with her calling herself Joanne, signing as Joanne, kind of making jokes on the tour etc

Well, her name IS Joanne:lolly:

vyniildisk

Tbh i just think she was looking for a excuse to make a "personal" album like Joanne and she thought that was the perfect idea, personal but in an indirect way, about her family.

JoeMo

I think what she means is that Joe will never get over the passing of Joanne. I imagine her aim was to keep Joannes legacy alive as a way to give her Dad some sort of closure. But at the end of the day, they lost her so young and that’s never going to change. The pain will always be there no matter what. I am sure Joe adores the album and the concept and loves the idea that his sister was the inspiration behind an album sold internationally and a song that won a Grammy. But yeah, seeing that the pain is still there in her family is clearly a hard pill to swallow for her and it’s sad 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

ThefamebaII

While I understand that maybe Joanne didn’t mend her father as anticipated. The self titled track took Gaga on a journey to understand the spirit she felt inside for so long.
Uncovering it for the world to see, I’m sure had its hardships. But Joanne will always be remembered. Through the music. And that pink hat.   

Archived