Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Where are Bey/Rih/Katy/Taylor donation Screenshots?

alice911

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, KORG said:

You're not part of the problem because you're aware. As a black person, I feel incredibly patronized when given that "I cant tell you what to do because you're black" that is part of racism. Equality doesnt mean extra. We are humans, it's ok to be positive, negative, and call us out in positions of power.

Imagine thinking you cant push Obama on racial equality if he turned a blind eye.

I don’t think a president is supposed to be compared to a pop singer in this type of matter. You’re trying to compare two situations that are nothing alike. I don’t think black people should be given special treatment, what I’m saying is that in THIS matter, in the matter of race, it’s not my place. Especially since these people have suffered with racism all their life and I never did. 

In another thread you quoted me saying that most times people just wanted to start **** and call racism just to cancel people for the sake of it and now you’re here saying the exact opposite. We don’t know if Beyoncé and Rihanna haven’t donated anything. 

I’d be extremely pissed if a straight person came to me saying I wasn’t doing enough for the gay community. It’s not their place.

KORG
Just now, Brecht said:

I don’t think a president is supposed to be compared to a pop singer in this type of matter. You’re trying to compare two situations that are nothing alike. I don’t think black people should be given special treatment, what I’m saying is that in THIS matter, in the matter of race, it’s not my place. Especially since these people have suffered with racism all their life and I never did. 

In another thread you quoted me saying that most times people just wanted to start **** and call racism just to cancel people for the sake of it and now you’re here saying the exact opposite. We don’t know if Beyoncé and Rihanna haven’t donated anything. 

I'm not saying the opposite. I'm saying that a pat on the head and a free pass is counterproductive.

Guillaume Hamon

51 minutes ago, KORG said:

Racial equality doesnt mean that white people cant judge us as humans when we are not playing our part. These people are rich. No matter what their race, they can afford to donate something. Support for the cause has no restriction on your race.

The narrative that white people now have to turn a blind eye to the behaviour of some people by using "I'm white, I have no right to say a black person is ___"... yes you do. As a human, as a citizen. 

You can have an opinion on someones behaviour, just as long as it's not BECAUSE of skin colour.

Being black isnt a free pass suddenly. I'm not about to go out and get my shopping free :laughga:

That's what the simplifications of this "oppressors VS oppressed" thing led us to. A black person who's powerful and rich af is still seen essentially as a walking oppressed soul when it should be considered (since it's very real) but not reductive. They can see that being black and a woman will bring you both discriminations so they could guess than being black and rich will bring you both discrimination and privilege. But no you'll be the oppressed who can't be asked for anything since the only label they'll give you in this story is the victim one anyway and do so out of "care and wokeness".

I'm not even saying it against beyoncé and rihanna since they ARE fighting the fight actually.

11 minutes ago, KORG said:

As a black person, I feel incredibly patronized when given that "I cant tell you what to do because you're black" that is part of racism.

Basically it's "I couldn't say a thing against you, you're a poor thing after all my poor pal" but that's not their intentions at all obviously. They just try to avoid victim blaming at all cost which is a noble move.

Imo someone who would be concerned by a fight and not give a damn about helping the others concerned (again not the case here with beyoncé and rihanna ) would deserve to be called out since they would also be contributing to letting it happens, therefore don't deserve a a full pass for turning a blind eye on issues.  Now it's my view and I'm sure the ones who disagree just try to do their best to help as well so we're all on the same side. :kara: 

Archived