⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden gives best speech of his campaign

Adakam
Posted (edited)

Full transcript:

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/6/2/1949793/-Joe-Biden-June-2nd-2020-Philadelphia-PA-Speech-Full-Transcript

"A down payment on what is long overdue should come now. Immediately.

I call on Congress to act this month on measures that would be a first step in this direction. Starting with real police reform.

Congressman Jeffries has a bill to outlaw chokeholds. Congress should put it on President Trump’s desk in the next few days.

There are other measures: to stop transferring weapons of war to police forces, to improve oversight and accountability, to create a model use of force standard ‑‑ that also should be made law this month.

No more excuses. No more delays."

"Because if it wasn’t clear before, it’s clear now. This country wasn’t built by Wall Street bankers and CEOs. It was built by America’s great middle class ‑‑ by our essential workers."

"Just a few days ago marked the fifth anniversary of my son Beau’s passing from cancer. There are still moments when the pain is so great it feels no different from the day he died. But I also know that the best way to bear loss and pain is to turn all that anger and anguish to purpose."

"Look, the presidency is a big job. Nobody will get everything right. And I won’t either.

But I promise you this. I won’t traffic in fear and division. I won’t fan the flames of hate.

I will seek to heal the racial wounds that have long plagued this country ‑‑ not use them for political gain.

I’ll do my job and take responsibility. I won’t blame others. I’ll never forget that the job isn’t about me.

It’s about you."

Disclaimer: This thread is to discuss this speech, and I will report  and ignore provocations by people taking it off-topic.

Edited by Adakam
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

funkyhaus

One cheek of the same a$$

• Like 8

derpmonster

I'm glad Biden is proposing real solutions and pushing for some positive change this time. :) it's a bit more encouraging than what he was doing. he's somehow the only hope we have at this point.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at chARTPOP.azurewebsites.net
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Brecht

Wasn't his solution a few days ago telling the cops to shoot in the leg? :saladga:

• Like 5
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Adakam
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

Wasn't his solution a few days ago telling the cops to shoot in the leg? :saladga:

No, you just fell for the twisted clickbait.

• Like 22
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

Okay sir... nice impassioned speech, thats cute you have a to do list... but I hope to see stuff actually get done. You said nothing will fundamentally change. America needs fundamental change. Obama didn’t change the system, only window dressed it to the point where Trump repealed everything back.

Stan Campaign 0 💕

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

malazam

"I will seek to heal the racial wounds that have long plagued this country ‑‑ not use them for political gain."

Does he has a police reform program? Bernie did.

another shot before we kiss the other side
  • Thanks 1

M Monstre

Given his track record during this presidential campaign, that's sort of a low bar :awkney: 

That said, I will say, he did look/sound more presidential than Trump. Again, not really a high bar to try and jump over either, but I think it does make him look more composed, and at the very least, more civilized than what Trump's been doing.

• Like 1

PartySick
10 minutes ago, Adakam said:

There are other measures: to stop transferring weapons of war to police forces, to improve oversight and accountability, to create a model use of force standard ‑‑ that also should be made law this month.

No more excuses. No more delays."

:applause:

We do not need untrained cops out here in tanks and riot gear for every day law enforcement

Somebody please have mercy 'cause I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!
  • Like 7

Adakam
1 minute ago, malazam said:

Yes, he talks about it on this speech.

• Like 2

FATCAT

Can't wait to listen later, after Trump's absolute garbage for 4 years it's good to hear someone actually competent speak.

chilly waffle
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

MACATL
6 minutes ago, malazam said:

"I will seek to heal the racial wounds that have long plagued this country ‑‑ not use them for political gain."

Perhaps with Bernie supporters getting behind him and voicing this need, he can accomplish this.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Monsterabriel

I still won't vote this election, he's a pedo and Trump is an ass, both are disgusting human cockroaches.

She/Her/Hers Gender:Female
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, MACATL said:

Perhaps with Bernie supporters getting behind him and voicing this need, he can accomplish this.  

That’s what we tried to do and Bernie let it fail. Hopefully this one thing gets passed. 

• Like 1

Monsterabriel
Posted (edited)

Trump and biden are gross, Vote blue no matter what my ass, sorry I hate that statement, it doesn't matter what party you are you can still be a bad human being.

Edited by Monsterabriel
She/Her/Hers Gender:Female
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1