đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Where is Gaga?

herassisfamous

Featured Posts

herassisfamous

Where is ActivistGa? I'm afraid I'mma get DRAGGEdt.

Since I am getting semi dragged, let me explain what I mean.

Even if she is doing stuff behind the scenes - which she probably is, I believe that it is important to talk on these issues and show where you are standing. Spread information to people using your platform (I saw even on GGD, a lot of all lives matterists or vioLenCe iS nOT thE aNsWer ists who clearly need to get educated on some issues). If she doesn't want to speak because she is white, she can elevate the voices of other black people by using her platform. She can drop links to fundraisers or even for the petitions. It's been like 5 or 6 days since this all started. The Gaga I know would've showed up. Understandably, I am disappointed.

All we need is love

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

Sis she's posted multiple things about BLM and the protests on social media. What else do you want her to do? She's got chronic health problems—going to a protest with thousands of people in the midst of a pandemic would be a terrible idea for her. At the end of the day, she's a wealthy white woman and trying to get on TV (possibly over Black celebrities) and giving a speech would be insanely tone deaf & seem out of touch. Like the only other thing I can think she could do is publicly tweet some of the go fund mes, but that's it.

FameMonster01

Maybe if you had been paying attention you would have REALISEdt that she's doing more than enough, considering she's a wealthy white woman. 

GreenDiamond

She literally stooped selling her album

am sure she will make more statements and use her voice and power

she is gaga she does is always

darkchylde
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

What else do you want her to do?

act up. she has the power, the money and the voice to do so.

13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

She's got chronic health problems—going to a protest with thousands of people in the midst of a pandemic would be a terrible idea for her. At the end of the day, she's a wealthy white woman and trying to get on TV (possibly over Black celebrities) and giving a speech would be insanely tone deaf & seem out of touch. Like the only other thing I can think she could do is publicly tweet some of the go fund mes, but that's it.

no one is asking for that, not in the slightest. you don't become a millionaire without making some connections in the way, specially now that she's dating someone as powerful as michael polansky.

darkchylde

after her statement, i understand -and hope- she is working on helping support the black lives matter movement and use her voice & power to condemn racism & police brutality not just in the US police system, all over the world actually. "kidness" is only useful when shown towards the opressed and when joined by action. 

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, darkchylde said:

no one is asking for that, not in the slightest. you don't become a millionaire without making some connections in the way, specially now that she's dating someone as powerful as michael polansky.

How do you know she’s not making calls and working behind the scenes? Do things have to be shamelessly publicized for people to believe them? 

darkchylde
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

How do you know she’s not making calls and working behind the scenes? Do things have to be shamelessly publicized for people to believe them? 

i'm not saying she isn't, in fact, quite the opposite. i'm saying i actually expect her to be doing so. after all, it's what she's always done, fighting for social justice.

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, darkchylde said:

Meh, I said this a while back but...as a middle class WOC I don't really want or expect white celebs to be doing anything except a) tweeting out support/phone #s of D.A.s and b)  opening their wallets and c) attending protests. It frankly just comes off as performative and tone deaf to me otherwise as the focus should be on local activists, politicians, and POC, in particularly Black, voices imo. For example, if we're talking about celebs I want to hear from Snoop Dogg (who does a lot of activism in Southern California) on TV/giving interviews. Hopefully Gaga's doing b, she's already done a, and I don't expect her to do c because of the pandemic and her health issues.

Suuus
16 minutes ago, darkchylde said:

Im a 100% sure that gaga is doing alot things to help behind the scènes 

Chromatica Island

I'm sure she is doing great things behind the scenes!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Spanish Eyes

Do not ever question how much I love this woman.

But I'm ashamed that she hasn't been more vocal about donations for bail outs and food/water for protestors. I understand and respect that she is at-risk for a serious COVID-19 infection, but I expect more from her.

She's worth several hundreds of millions. Either she starts supporting monetarily, or she's complicit. Yes, we're really at that point.

#LadyGagaOpenYourPurseChallenge

rasclautmangos

This is reminiscent of when people were complaining about her silence at the peak of the Covid-19 epidemic. Little did we know....

ElfieMartini

She doesn't want to add fuel to the fire. She has said what she wants to, the world knows her opinion.

She prob feels like she will be damaging the power of her statement by acting in this fight.

She absolutely supports this and want us to know that, but the more people on the streets means more people getting hurt or worse.

That's not what I said, I asked you not to be one

Archived