Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

why did everyone hate Jo calderone?

PlasticDollGirl

Featured Posts

I loved this performand and Jo. Also laughed my ass off at the shot Adele lookin like “What in the spotted d*ck...” :billie:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mezzanine
13 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

BTW era’s second half was horribly overexposed and full of backlash, especially by the point of Marry The Night.

Do you remember the era? Or are you looking at numbers? (Honestly wondering, not trying to be rude or shady at all).

It was, but it was still successful, don't worry, I didn't take it as an attack. Even with the backlash, numbers were good, and people-wise, she was sounding in all the gay bars and clubs, and on the radios; and it is when she had the fanbase at its biggest. Since then, she hasn't performed in stadiums again, Chromatica will be the first time since then, but in a much more reduced tour (2 dates for Europe so far and 5 for the US)

Cherry Blues
On 6/30/2020 at 3:06 AM, Smother Em Eh said:

I agree because I loved it. I think due to the promo Gaga put out they expected full on blonde pop star performance of GH and HML. It was a shocker when her appearance and performance turned out to be completely different. 

Two masterpieces 

Sugar Baby

She was literally acting like a damn fool on stage with her “**** y’all macho attitude”

it was soooo cringe :saladga:

papergangster

I still feel bad when she hurt herself in that performance :/ 

Massive Monster

I really didn't like Jo Calderone. I felt it was cringe worthy, pointless and definitely during Gaga's overexposure. 

She did not need "another character/costume" or "prop".

The song itself is great though and the locals loved it. So let's remember that :ohwell:

Jo Calderone...

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by moodman

Kind regards

latina twilight

My guess is people really wanted her to go out and do some fierce pop performance with over the top production and cool costumes. The commercial they filmed and televised before didn't help either.

We ended up getting, imo, an epic rock performance that no one else would do, plus the appaerance of no other than Brian May.

It was fun! It was spontaneous and entertaining. Tbh, more pop acts should also let their hair loose sometimes and just have fun onstage and make the audience have fun too, and not only focus on how fierce and how great the performer looks.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

pop ate my heart

She literally played a sexist man. Like wtf

I get back then it was funny, which doesn't make it right, and she was mostly playing w herself in an almost self-depricating way, so no biggie.

Now that I think about it, maybe it was meant to be a satyre of sexism, which fits w the BTW concept. But it just didn't come across that way lol, it's actually good that nobody liked it

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Archived