đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Gaga the most versatile artist ever?

qoqo

Featured Posts

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, catsandlabneh said:

She's done punk music, jazz, avant-garde, pop, rock, alt rock, metal (a live performance), movie soundtracks, experimental, orchestral, trip hop, a cappella, EDM, i could go on forever. None of her albums sound alike and she's always changing up her sound and aesthetic with each era. She's also done small intimate shows and huge performative stage production with theatricals. She's in movies and musicals too. And she's a DJ on top of that. She's also experimented with technology and music education and revered back to stripped down performances before reverting back to different kinds of technological approaches.

I didn't mention her to undermine Gaga (if that what it looked like). The title asked if Gaga is the most versatile and, in my opinion, she's not. Doesn't mean she's not INCREDIBLY versatile.

I love Bjork a lot don’t get me wrong but I don’t think she’s made catchy tropical music like The Cure. Her sound has always been alternative. Also I don’t think her style is versatile, I mean she always does the avant garde thing, when has she ever dressed up like a glamorous movie star? 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches
6 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

I love Bjork a lot don’t get me wrong but I don’t think she’s made catchy tropical music like The Cure. Her sound has always been alternative. Also I don’t think her style is versatile, I mean she always does the avant garde thing, when has she ever dressed up like a glamorous movie star? 

You don't have to make tropical music to be versatile though. And she hasn't always done Avant garde. She actually started as a pop star in the 80s and had a lot of catchy songs. It was only in the late 90s that she started doing avant garde music and she dressed up like a glamorous movie star when she starred in a movie in the early 2000s.

Frankenztein
23 minutes ago, Rio said:

It's not even about their voices. Their music, while different each time, they're not drastic changes from EDM to jazz to country to dance pop. They stick within their very alternative, rock, experimental avant-garde genres. 

This is a good point too. There is not another popular singer that has immersed themselves in so many genres of music successfully like Gaga has. Sometimes I like to compare the way Gaga fully embodies any musical style she dives into to the way actors embody a role. Gaga acts out a song the way actors become characters. 

Taide
29 minutes ago, Rio said:

Gaga in a much more drastic way though tbh.

Well depends how you look at it. I see it as Madonna having more versatile career, due to her being in the game for 25 years longer. 

OFF TOPIC: Holy ****, now that I think about it, they both have very similar career :teehee: 

Both had a certain sound in their first three albums and changed their persona through them.

Spoiler

660b31f845f21dfde060a93df15bd146.jpg25300493ea20c7899aaec4d9b7acfe77.jpgd80axl6kmbf21.jpg

DpV_ffvVsAAICAp.jpgRE_zwVTb2rrvEnzMt1AANlKfWw-pTco4TtEeFDlHkuf8f9A5b-dPWQl7mhxMlShPaCzddaXxLwAdoL8N

Both changed their style by 4th album and started exploring new genre(s) & made a Jazz album

Spoiler

lap15.jpg?w=490rs_634x634-191114163816-94a49d0063d87220

artpop-demos.jpgR-6278218-1416822315-9907.jpeg.jpg

Both had an controversial album, that almost ended their career (Erotica/ARTPOP).

Spoiler

erotica.jpgartworks-000056883863-09v4nq-t500x500.jp

They both released album, to soften up their image in front of the GP (Bedtime Stories/Joanne).

Spoiler

c861ebb80f52ccbceef729bb1462b470.jpg0338efaaf56d5711cf7d0ceea746183f.jpg

Two years after that, they both starred in a film role that won them awards & softened up their image even more and won Oscar for a song used in the film.

Spoiler

Madonna_-_Evita_(poster).pngAStarIsBorn2018.jpg

And lastly, 2 years after the film, they both released their new albums that we're highly successful compared to their previous tries & they won the public back.

Spoiler

Ray_Of_Light.jpgEWkYin9XYAEdQBS.jpg:large

Creyk
25 minutes ago, Sumeet said:

Katy perry and Taylor swift. 

What? :huntyga:

3 hours ago, OMonster said:

Yes - 100%. 

There is not a single artist who compares in versatility. 

She's really something special :bradley:

Actually i think Madonna does imo

She went from this 

lcthx8cycqy01.jpg

To this

75d8d1c11d814aa169e3a7113db255b6.jpg

To this

6f0b70e336ffc8b8a5aad175cfd0f2c4.jpg

To this

MV5BZDgyMmRlNTAtODAxNC00ZmE3LTk2MWYtOThi

To this

sex-launch-party-2.jpg

In less than 10 years, Gaga might be the step above her when it come to look changes but idk i feel like this needs to get mentioned too

Sumeet
9 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Actually i think Madonna does imo

She went from this 

lcthx8cycqy01.jpg

To this

75d8d1c11d814aa169e3a7113db255b6.jpg

To this

6f0b70e336ffc8b8a5aad175cfd0f2c4.jpg

To this

MV5BZDgyMmRlNTAtODAxNC00ZmE3LTk2MWYtOThi

To this

sex-launch-party-2.jpg

In less than 10 years, Gaga might be the step above her when it come to look changes but idk i feel like this needs to get mentioned too

It's not about looks. 

We're the most versatile group of fans to ever exist. I personally like naturally all types of music, but so many fans willing to hook up on new genres time after time inspires me so much.

Wet Fire

Kinda. But will call her so when she does Broadway and releases a rock-metal album :vegas:

Archived