đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Gaga the most versatile artist ever?

qoqo

Featured Posts

Taide

Yes, she and Madonna are the only ones who've been constantly changing their styles throughout their careers. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DONNA OF THE DAM

I mean from this generation. But Bowie did like 40/50 albums in his career also very versatile and Bjork like someone already said

djBuffoon

She is, and I can't think of anyone who comes close. Not just in terms of her skills (sing, act, dance, musician, songwriting), but in the array of genres that she has performed in, and as @MOT said, to perform them objectively well.

WORLDofGAGA

Just when you think you know her, she reminds you that you don’t, she surprises constantly, would we have guessed 8 years ago what she has done and will do, she’s so talented and Kind 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Frankenztein

Gaga is absolutely the most versatile. Particularly with her vocals. People have mentioned Bjork and Bowie, but both of their voices always sounds distinctly singular. Bowie in particular had his signature tone of voice that is the same for most of his songs. On the other hand, Gaga is a woman of a 100 different voices. She is able to change her timbre and use vastly different tones. She chooses what voice to use to suit the storytelling of the song in a way I have never heard from any other popular singer. 

just another gay

Not sure, but switching from EDM to Jazz and nailing both areas is already mind blowing to me.

Hades

Bowie is the one. She's extremely versatile too.

Pop star? 100% yes. And if I wasn't a Gaga fan, I'd believe that too. It's not biased.

Artist? Probably not. I can't think of an artist who is more versatile than her but I'm sure there's several. David Bowie comes to mind. I have a tattoo dedicated to him on my forearm. Legend. Icon. Versatile.

19 minutes ago, Taide said:

Yes, she and Madonna are the only ones who've been constantly changing their styles throughout their careers. 

Gaga in a much more drastic way though tbh.

8 minutes ago, Frankenztein said:

Gaga is absolutely the most versatile. Particularly with her vocals. People have mentioned Bjork and Bowie, but both of their voices always sounds distinctly singular. Bowie in particular had his signature tone of voice that is the same for most of his songs. On the other hand, Gaga is a woman of a 100 different voices. She is able to change her timbre and use vastly different tones. She chooses what voice to use to suit the storytelling of the song in a way I have never heard from any other popular singer. 

It's not even about their voices. Their music, while different each time, they're not drastic changes from EDM to jazz to country to dance pop. They stick within their very alternative, rock, experimental avant-garde genres. But yes. Their voices are very much the same throughout with no major progression. I love Bjork, think she's fab, but too many of her songs sound similar to me due to her voice and singing style. (Obviously I know they're not all the same, but it's one of the reason I have never fully got in to her)

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, ThisBitch said:

SHE IS, the Enigma of the entertainment industry :diane: a living legend!

yes, she doesn't want to be queen of pop - she is the ENIGMA 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Lighter

Yes, I’m never gonna back down this opinion, she truly is. No other artist has been as complex. It’s not just about singing another genre, it’s dedicating your entire style into it

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

How is Bjork versatile? 

She's done punk music, jazz, avant-garde, pop, rock, alt rock, metal (a live performance), movie soundtracks, experimental, orchestral, trip hop, a cappella, EDM, i could go on forever. None of her albums sound alike and she's always changing up her sound and aesthetic with each era. She's also done small intimate shows and huge performative stage production with theatricals. She's in movies and musicals too. And she's a DJ on top of that. She's also experimented with technology and music education and revered back to stripped down performances before reverting back to different kinds of technological approaches.

I didn't mention her to undermine Gaga (if that what it looked like). The title asked if Gaga is the most versatile and, in my opinion, she's not. Doesn't mean she's not INCREDIBLY versatile.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

tomsches
13 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

How is Bjork versatile? 

She started out singing Icelandic folk songs, then did punk rock, then pop rock, then jazz, then house, then trip hop, then avant-garde/electronica, then starred in a musical.

Archived