💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica isn’t ARTPOPs little sister

JohnWayne92

Featured Posts

JohnWayne92

It’s Born This Ways. Every listen takes me back to hearing the album for the first time. The way she wrote the songs, some of the way she sings them, everything about it seems more Born This Way than ARTPOP, even the looks for this era, so far. 

Pop Music

but we can all agree it's incredible 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

imitalian

Feels like a natural continuation to BTW visually. But tbh the album is exactly what i expected the og ARTPOP to be, the one she teased in 2012 with the Disney references (Alice) and overall dancing through the pain narrative.

Prostitute Barbie

I think of it as the culmination/child of all her records so far. It’s like she took the dance from The Fame, darkness from Fame Monster, messaging from BTW, electronic production from ARTPOP, vocal ability she developed during C2C, intimacy from Joanne, and maturity from ASIB and used them all to create the DNA of Chromatica. When I hear it I reflect back on her entire career and it makes me feel like I’m hearing the result of all those years of her musical and personal development. 

ladygaga1984

I think it’s a fusion of both. It does remind me of both in some ways.

Luke78619

I feel like it’s BTW and ARTPOP had a baby, it has the colours of AP but the sleek and refined aesthetic of BTW

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

AlexanderMagno

The concept of embracing pain and healing through music goes back to ARTPOP, it was basically the same concept she talked about.

The more dance-pop/synth-pop oriented music, goes back to ARTPOP.

The producers' influence, that is as big as it was with ARTPOP (Born This Way was basically Gaga x Garibay, both Chromatica and ARTPOP have multiple producers in each song).

Even the vocals... Born This Way delivered big, big big vocals. Chromatica is so incredibly different from that, she's back to her "pop" voice.

Even the visuals and the concept of the visuals about this place called Chromatica have absolutely nothing to do with the music that she delivered, just like ARTPOP's visuals and the music are shockingly far from each other (Born This Way's visuals were agressive, metal-like, and the songs were as well).

So... Yes, Chromatica is ARTPOP's little sister, I don't see how this goes back to Born This Way in any way.

Reality
2 minutes ago, BrownEyess said:

I think of it as the culmination/child of all her records so far. It’s like she took the dance from The Fame, darkness from Fame Monster, messaging from BTW, electronic production from ARTPOP, vocal ability she developed during C2C, intimacy from Joanne, and maturity from ASIB and used them all to create the DNA of Chromatica. When I hear it I reflect back on her entire career and it makes me feel like I’m hearing the result of all those years of her musical and personal development. 

Beautifully said.

I think maybe sonically and aesthetically, Chromatica is more like BTW and ARTPOP, but there are elements of all of her records in Chromatica. It's amazing to see, tbh. 

🖤👹

Benji

Chromatica sounds like a housey crossover between TF/TFM/BTW and it's so good.  It deserves way better than to be associated with ARTPLOP.

auburn

Chromatica being compared to ARTPOP is insulting to Chromatica. 

This album feels like its own entity. It's very different from her past album. Yall need to stop jamming each album she makes into a box by comparing it to other album:vegas:

ArtpopAct2

It’s it’s sister thematically only, “dancing through the pain”

But they tackle that message completely differently. ARTPOP is more angry and passionate, Chromatica is euphoric and sad lyrically but sounds happy.

Genre wise they are completely different too. The only thing on Chromatica sounding similar to some ARTPOP tracks is 911. Some on Chromatica remind me of Gypsy but also that song sounds out of place on ARTPOP.

Archived