đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Has Lost Her Lyrical Fire

jprince99x

Featured Posts

nathantj594

You’re wrong. And one stanza from one song doesn’t help your case. Chromatica has her best lyricism to date. That’s what I love most about the album. For what it’s worth, there was a lot of corny lines in The Fame and ARTPOP. We’ve come a long way from “Call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs”

Even just one line “I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive” she’s not talking about weather, she’s talking about tears. Breaking down even further she’s talking about “dry” like sober from alcohol. That’s deep af. There’s great examples of others in the album too. She’s always been good at wordplay and poetry and I don’t think she’s ever done that any better tbh. You’re wrong. And it’s your own damn fault for listening to leaks and demos and getting your hopes up for things that never were gonna happen. That’s why I don’t listen to leaks. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jprince99x
3 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

It's intentional. Gaga said she wanted to take an experience she had and make it universal. There's this perception that reading like an art history book with copious multitextuality makes a song fire, but in many cases that can detract from the intention. In addition to this, ain't nobody going to be reading through songs like an essay. Totally understand your classical predisposition, but it's not applicable to the intention of the album and the thread title is clickbait. 

You can rate songwriting based on skill and creativity, but at the end of the day the songs that will be most remembered are the ones with impact. From my perspective I really value the musicianship that goes into a track. Lyrics are usually icing on the cake for me. I think the melodies on this album are very very good. The combination of the production and lyrics rubs me the wrong way when I am doing deep listening, trying to catch every detail. When I blast it on my speakers and work around my house it's very fun.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

jprince99x
4 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

You’re wrong. And one stanza from one song doesn’t help your case. Chromatica has her best lyricism to date. That’s what I love most about the album. For what it’s worth, there was a lot of corny lines in The Fame and ARTPOP. We’ve come a long way from “Call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs”

Even just one line “I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive” she’s not talking about weather, she’s talking about tears. Breaking down even further she’s talking about “dry” like sober from alcohol. That’s deep af. There’s great examples of others in the album too. She’s always been good at wordplay and poetry and I don’t think she’s ever done that any better tbh. You’re wrong. And it’s your own damn fault for listening to leaks and demos and getting your hopes up for things that never were gonna happen. That’s why I don’t listen to leaks. 

Even the corny lines from those albums I found to be charming. When I hear "Come, come, unwrap me I'm hard on the outside But if you give me time Then I could make time for your love"

I am not charmed at all. I just imagine her singing this to a 50 year old man aka Christian and it's not cute.

Cookie Tookie

I don’t think the album was lyrically groundbreaking, but it still features some brilliant lyrics. For example: 911, Enigma, 1000 Doves. I think her goal was to create an album that was very “Gaga”, but also very palatable for everyone to enjoy as well. 

I’m really hoping her next album will be one where she has complete authority over its direction and gives us her best lyrics and creativity yet. 

Gracious Gaga

its been that way since Joanne

♥ Kindness Police.

David Ward

“I heard one sine from above

Then the signal split in two

The sound created stars like me and you

Before there was love, there was silence”

Gaga ingeniously integrated the theory of creation into this song

Those lyrics comply with the  theory that a preordinal sound wave is what ignited the whole existence of the universe as it set everything in motion, created gravity and might indeed fostered life itself..

Her lyrics are amazing and better than ever. I have no clue what you're talking about.

nikola

No

Bye

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

rafamaia

im baffled by the comments on bodies not being able to move like a sculpture bc sculptures don't move at all, i mean this is a metaphor

go read a recipe and be literal

Bjaf
4 hours ago, Venus Rose said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I mean, 911 alone:

Turning up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice

This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again.

Those lyrics scream fire to me. 

ugh I literally tear up every time I read lyrics from 911 lol

For me those (911) are the best lyrics Gaga has ever written.

SMILE2NE1
38 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

You can rate songwriting based on skill and creativity, but at the end of the day the songs that will be most remembered are the ones with impact. From my perspective I really value the musicianship that goes into a track. Lyrics are usually icing on the cake for me. I think the melodies on this album are very very good. The combination of the production and lyrics rubs me the wrong way when I am doing deep listening, trying to catch every detail. When I blast it on my speakers and work around my house it's very fun.

Absolutely. It's all about feeling at the end of the day. 

NewYorkGirl

Not up to your standards or how you want them to flow? Don’t listen. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

Anveeroy

Unfortunately, you have failed to understand Gaga.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

jprince99x
11 minutes ago, NewYorkGirl said:

Not up to your standards or how you want them to flow? Don’t listen. 

Like I said in my OP, there is no such thing as a perfect song. I really hate seeing this attitude when people present critique on any subject matter

jprince99x
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Unfortunately, you have failed to understand Gaga.

sure jan GIF

• Admin locked this topic

Archived