đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Chromatica sad?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

So, as we know most songs on Chromatica have sad lyrics even tho they're bops. I wonder why Gaga decided to put that many sad songs in the album when she said she's been very happy ever since ASIB era. So maybe most of the songs were written in early 2018 or maybe she even kept some 2017 songs? I honestly don't think there are many recent songs on the album, not only when it comes to lyrics but also production... SL for example sounds like a 2017 song to me. Also i get this "dance through the pain" concept which is nothing new tbh, Dula Peep did it too, but few songs really turn off my boppy mood tbh. I honestly think Fun tonight and 1000 doves were unnecessary even tho they're not bad songs but they just don't go with the other bops imo :oops:

Lemme know your thoughts  and please don't bash me just cause i don't think Chromatica is perfect :huntyga: i still bop to it :vegas:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

Because she fell into a depression after Joanne didn't heal her dad like the way she wanted to... so creating this album she was really sad and down about herself and her life

End Racism Now

SHALLOW
Just now, ModernXTC said:

Just now, jesse g said:

Yeah, i've seen it but i don't get WHEN did this album cured her sadness since she's been mostly happy for 2 years now. This has to mean that a lot of songs on the album are about 2/3 years old?

buzzkill
Just now, SHALLOW said:

Yeah, i've seen it but i don't get WHEN did this album cured her sadness since she's been mostly happy for 2 years now. This has to mean that a lot of songs on the album are about 2/3 years old?

For what i understood she wasnt happy at all after ASIB era 

Sepsami

I love the contrast between the lyrics and the instrumentals, Chromatica embodies the idea of dancing away the pain. Which is what Gaga has been doing her entire career. :diane:

GaGaAst

she always said this album is about her dancing EVEN with all the pain she has

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

SHALLOW
4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Because she fell into a depression after Joanne didn't heal her dad like the way she wanted to... so creating this album she was really sad and down about herself and her life

Yeah but she's been very happy ever since ASIB era so i think i can guess that she wrote most songs in late 2017/early 2018?:oprah:

SHALLOW
Just now, jesse g said:

For what i understood she wasnt happy at all after ASIB era 

She said otherwise in interviews. She said she was the happiest she had ever been :oprah:

1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

no. i do not understand where you're making these assumptions from. replay the interview and she very clearly addresses that. 

buzzkill

Or maybe she was happy about the success and critically acclaim, but thats how depression works, you can seem fine and feel happy sometimes but deep down you are passing through massive sadness/pain   

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

I love the contrast between the lyrics and the instrumentals, Chromatica embodies the idea of dancing away the pain. Which is what Gaga has been doing her entire career. :diane:

To me some songs are just painful. The fact that they're not EDM doesn't change that :huntyga:

March34th

she's clearly written about a lot of her trauma on this album, both in recent years and throughout her life. it's beautiful :heart:

Archived