💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Will Gaga ever use her brighter tone of voice again?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

Listening to the BTW album, and realizing how much I miss that voice. Anyone feels the same way?

The last time she used her brighter tone, as far as I recall, was Angel Down (Work Tape), and even that was more of a mixed voice. Do you think we'll ever get to hear that again? A lot of people seem to think that this is due to the natural course of aging, but I believe this is more of a choice and she still has it in her, and can bring it back when she wants to.

P. S. I really wish she had used the brighter tone for the Your Song cover. Would've fitted the song a lot better.

YourEvilTwin
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Isn't Chromatica full of this brighter tone?

Um not really? Not the way I define it anyway.

Linus Gaga
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Isn't Chromatica full of this brighter tone?

Yes, i am glad she used both bright tone and dark tone, soft and strong :heart:

Hit me a message and say hi !

KarmaPolice

Rain on me chorus says hello!

Her voice changed, she got a much richer and deep tone now. She won't be able to do her BTW voice again

Bon Gonzalez

Chromatica has a lot of her bright tone, though. :huh:

The only songs there that does not have it is Enigma/Replay

Gagi
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Rain on me chorus says hello!

Her voice changed, she got a much richer and deep tone now. She won't be able to do her BTW voice again

She is able and she proved it on a lot of Chromatica’s songs 

nathantj594

She shouldn’t. She’s singing in a very healthy way nowadays. Source: MM in Vocal Music Education

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Helxig

I think she uses that same old school tone in Chromatica a lot (a lot of those vocals reminded me of her old pop voice, as far back as TF), her voice is just deeper now from smoking. I tested this theory recently, and if you slightly pitch down her talking voice from The Fame era it sounds exactly like her talking voice now, and vice versa!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

dit

there were a few moments on Chromatica were she totally used that brighter / girlier tone. It was there for sure! But you gotta know that with age, aggressive smoking and also years of not fully using it that tone will continue to diminish in prominence on her records. Also count it good as gone the minute she gets pregnant because pregnancy instantly drops / lowers a female vocalists timber and tone in general to a heavier one. It's not a bad thing though! On Chromatica she served dynamic vocal styles and gave every type of fan something! whether you like her fuller and more rounded vocal tone, her robotic one, her gritter tone etc...there's a song for everyone that uses different tones! :heart: 

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, Bon Gonzalez said:

Chromatica has a lot of her bright tone, though. :huh:

The only songs there that does not have it is Enigma/Replay

Replay has it in the bridge 

End Racism Now

derpmonster

I think people are talking about a lot of different things at once.

Her head voice from Paparazzi is back and very extensively being used now which I'm so glad for. Her belts remain thick and textured which is not how they were. They're just healthier now.

She used a lot of the same lows she uses now in Born This Way including the talking in the song BTW and Black Jesus. But her high girly tone in some of Born This Way was straight up shouty. Think of TEOG album version. We may miss it because of nostalgia but it wasn't very good vocally. I'm glad she's approaching it differently now. Considering how well she can replicate her Fame tone, I'm sure she could do BTW if she tried. It would still be different though as her voice has physically changed.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived