💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga speaks out about George Floyd; Calls out Trump

AlwaysLoveGaga

Featured Posts

Franz Ferdinand
5 minutes ago, sadboy said:

That's kinda disrespectful tho. You're an admin using a Gaga platform, you shouldn't bully your own users lol What a mess:fail:

Bullying =/= calling out racists.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control
1 minute ago, AlwaysLoveGaga said:

I feel like this comment is a little ignorant.

If just as much as one person does research and speaks out because their favorite singer/celebrity made them aware of the issues, then it is beneficial. I'm not saying celebs that just tweet #BlackLivesMatter and that's it are helpful, but people like Gaga and Taylor who fully say their beliefs, where they are coming from, and how to help are impactful.

And I have no idea where you are getting that Gaga doesn't love the gays. She has been saying since the early in her career when it possibly could have ruined it that she loves us. She has been advocating for us for years.

I’m not here to accuse Gaga of anything, but celebrities are rich and privileged people and they’re usually far from all this struggle so when they make a statement that seems to come from a fashion magazine or some fictional universe of their own, it feels more like an insult and less like a message of support.

Girrr
5 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Change his profession? So only racist white guys should be cops in America? I'm confused. A big problem is that more people of color, especially black people don't want to be cops. Making these police forces more diverse and filling the positions with non racist individuals is a step in the right direction to end these senseless killings. 

May I kindly remind you that one of the cops that watched George Floyd die was Asian. In my hometown, I witnessed a Latino and an Asian cop use brutal force during protests. Have your opinion, but policemen were originally used to protect slave property centuries ago. The issue is not always individual cops, it’s the inherent systemic issue that the police state presents. 

TheArcher
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Then the headlines become "Lady Gaga eggs on rioters as cities burn" and the media controls the narrative.

It's about showing support without making it about herself and I think she's done that.

The same happened with Taylor's tweet. 

Modern Ecstasy2
10 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Change his profession? So only racist white guys should be cops in America? I'm confused. A big problem is that more people of color, especially black people don't want to be cops. Making these police forces more diverse and filling the positions with non racist individuals is a step in the right direction to end these senseless killings. 

Agreed...

However. The challenge now is that in order for more people of color to feel safe enough to want to enter the police force as a career, the internal systemic work needs to be done beforehand, so that people of color aren’t expected to do that labor. Granted, there are obviously already a lot of people of color working in the system who no doubt are doing that labor, only to see no progress.

It’s a really difficult thing. Pay them way more, I suppose? 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

TheQueenLG
2 minutes ago, God Control said:

I’m not here to accuse Gaga of anything, but celebrities are rich and privileged people and they’re usually far from all this struggle so when they make a statement that seems to come from a fashion magazine or some fictional universe of their own, it feels more like an insult and less like a message of support.

I honestly understand your frustration. I am with you on most of what you're saying. But the question is, do we want to alienate people who are not being as direct as they should be, or do we want to bring them with us? I am not even saying that the former shouldn't be a consideration, but that's where I'm at in this moment. 

Guest Adarsh
5 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Overall, she did a fantastic job addressing this. She definitely did better than when she asked POC to educate her about racism, which is very bad optically... And just bad in general. 

But... At the end of her post, it felt like she was pretty close to telling me to vote for Joe Biden. She better not tell me to vote for that racist who is largely responsible for the uprising we're experiencing today. That will be a major problem.

NOTE: She did great here, I have virtually nothing to criticize right now but I'm scared that she's gonna endorse Biden. 

If you don’t vote for Biden, how are you planning to remove Trump from the office? Just a little curious. 

Evan Peters

lol i just commented a few days ago on how whether she comments on this or she'll get torn to pieces and look at that, she's getting torn apart by her own forum. ya'll really never ****ing change :billie:

emma roberts is an abuser

rasclautmangos
5 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Overall, she did a fantastic job addressing this. She definitely did better than when she asked POC to educate her about racism, which is very bad optically... And just bad in general. 

But... At the end of her post, it felt like she was pretty close to telling me to vote for Joe Biden. She better not tell me to vote for that racist who is largely responsible for the uprising we're experiencing today. That will be a major problem.

NOTE: She did great here, I have virtually nothing to criticize right now but I'm scared that she's gonna endorse Biden. 

Well unless a third party jumps in, it's either Biden or Trump. I suppose you could write in a name.

If she was going to actively endorse Biden she would have done it already.

AlwaysLoveGaga
2 minutes ago, God Control said:

I agree that they're coming from a place of immense privilege, but Gaga acknowledged that in her post.

To me, I think that celebs can use their platform to promote a message. If they can get more people to recognize the problem and get involved in ending it, then, while it is coming from a privileged place, it is beneficial to society.

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

Saint Gaga
49 minutes ago, KillerMonster said:

Now let’s be kinder to cops. When people chant “kill cops”, they’re talking about my dad. It breaks my heart and I am anxiety ridden for his life right now. 

Yeah. It's sad how everyone being against the cops,due to the actions of 3 brain dead cops

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

If you don’t vote for Biden, how are you planning to remove Trump from the office? Just a little curious. 

In 2024 with a candidate who will institute policies like M4A and the Green New Deal... I think 4 more years of Trump is a better price to pay than 8 years of Biden's corporatism that will lead to decades of bullsh*t incremental change. 

rasclautmangos
1 minute ago, Evan Peters said:

lol i just commented a few days ago on how whether she comments on this or she'll get torn to pieces and look at that, she's getting torn apart by her own forum. ya'll really never ****ing change :billie:

Stevie Wonder saw that coming. 

TheQueenLG
2 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Well unless a third party jumps in, it's either Biden or Trump. I suppose you could write in a name.

If she was going to actively endorse Biden she would have done it already.

Or I could just not vote... Like, is that a crime? lol. 

Franch Toast
44 minutes ago, Doot said:

Y'all they are literally shooting and burning everything outside of my apartment. 

This is absolutely insane. 

Stay safe, friend. :heart: Definitely pack a to-go bag and also have a plan for your cats if you need to evacuate. It's scary. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived